It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unable to reach pages

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BrujaRebooted

I wasn't expecting Wi-Fi to be that bad!

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I am always on PC without Wifi. Posted images in threads and avatars do not show up at all. 2 different operating systems on the same PC, 2 different browsers on both operating systems. The site IS borked for some, maybe not all, but it is borked. Not that it helps my cause but I was a system administrator (unemployed now) so I'm not new to computers.

The site needs more work than the simple addition of an https certificate.

Every once in a while the images will load, briefly, then it all breaks again. Not a problem with any other site.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But it is broke.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

It would help if you could try some debugging on your side. For example, you could try to see how long it takes for a specific page to load and to try to find out what takes longer to load.

As I don't have the problem I cannot try it.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I have no idea how to debug but Firefox gives all this in the Tools ---> Web Developer screen:

Some cookies are misusing the recommended “sameSite“ attribute 12
Cookie “__utma” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read developer.mozilla.org... ga.js:28:213
Cookie “__utmb” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read developer.mozilla.org... ga.js:28:213
Cookie “__utmc” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read developer.mozilla.org... ga.js:28:213
Cookie “__utmz” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read developer.mozilla.org... ga.js:28:213
Cookie “__utmv” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read developer.mozilla.org... ga.js:28:213
Cookie “__utma” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read developer.mozilla.org... ga.js:28:213
Cookie “__utmb” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read developer.mozilla.org... ga.js:28:213
Cookie “__utmc” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read developer.mozilla.org... ga.js:28:213
Cookie “__utmz” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read developer.mozilla.org... ga.js:28:213
Cookie “__utmv” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read developer.mozilla.org... ga.js:28:213
Cookie “__atuvc” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read developer.mozilla.org... addthis_widget.js:70:23811
Cookie “__atuvs” will be soon rejected because it has the “sameSite” attribute set to “none” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute. To know more about the “sameSite“ attribute, read developer.mozilla.org... addthis_widget.js:70:23811
Selector expected. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. ats_2016_cssg.css:97:115
Error in parsing value for ‘padding-top’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:120:23
Error in parsing value for ‘padding-top’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:121:24
Unknown property ‘mind-width’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:136:138
Error in parsing value for ‘top’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:161:10
Error in parsing value for ‘padding’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:182:32
Error in parsing value for ‘clear’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:186:71
Error in parsing value for ‘clear’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:190:71
Error in parsing value for ‘white-space’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:191:207
Unknown property ‘heigth’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:220:30
Error in parsing value for ‘width’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:233:24
Error in parsing value for ‘font-weight’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:244:28
Error in parsing value for ‘clear’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:275:16
Error in parsing value for ‘clear’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:276:16
Error in parsing value for ‘float’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:344:27
Error in parsing value for ‘clear’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:373:16
Error in parsing value for ‘clear’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:374:20
Unknown property ‘text-wrap’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:377:65
Error in parsing value for ‘text-overflow’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:377:87
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘progid’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped. atscolor_dk-2016e.css:117:9
Expected color but found ‘color’. Error in parsing value for ‘color’. Declaration dropped. atscolor_dk-2016e.css:145:18
Expected declaration but found ‘*’. Skipped to next declaration. fontawesome.css:23:3
Unknown property ‘speak’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:29:9
Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:84:22
Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:93:22
Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:102:22
Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:111:22
Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:120:22
Unrecognized at-rule or error parsing at-rule ‘@-o-keyframes’. fontawesome.css:286:14
Unrecognized at-rule or error parsing at-rule ‘@-ms-keyframes’. fontawesome.css:294:15
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘progid’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:317:11
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘progid’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:325:11
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘progid’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:333:11
Unknown property ‘zoom’. Declaration dropped. pg3:1:1412
Unknown property ‘zoom’. Declaration dropped. pg3:1:1679
This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. addthis_widget.js:70:78083
Expected declaration but found ‘*’. Skipped to next declaration. pg3:1:362
Error in parsing value for ‘transform’. Declaration dropped. pg3:1:2532
Unknown property ‘moz-transition’. Declaration dropped. pg3:1:1780
Error in parsing value for ‘background-position’. Declaration dropped. pg3:1:2494
Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius-topleft’. Declaration dropped. pg3:1:6641
Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius-topright’. Declaration dropped. pg3:1:6673
Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius-bottomright’. Declaration dropped. pg3:1:8059
Unknown property ‘

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Some cookies are misusing the recommended “sameSite“ attribute 10
Loading mixed (insecure) display content “files.abovetopsecret.com...” on a secure page jquery.js:9574:13
Expected declaration but found ‘*’. Skipped to next declaration. fontawesome.css:23:3
Unknown property ‘speak’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:29:9
Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:84:22
Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:93:22
Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:102:22
Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:111:22
Unknown property ‘-moz-border-radius’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:120:22
Unrecognized at-rule or error parsing at-rule ‘@-o-keyframes’. fontawesome.css:286:14
Unrecognized at-rule or error parsing at-rule ‘@-ms-keyframes’. fontawesome.css:294:15
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘progid’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:317:11
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘progid’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:325:11
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘progid’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped. fontawesome.css:333:11
Selector expected. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. ats_2016_cssg.css:97:115
Error in parsing value for ‘padding-top’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:120:23
Error in parsing value for ‘padding-top’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:121:24
Unknown property ‘mind-width’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:136:138
Error in parsing value for ‘top’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:161:10
Error in parsing value for ‘padding’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:182:32
Error in parsing value for ‘clear’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:186:71
Error in parsing value for ‘clear’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:190:71
Error in parsing value for ‘white-space’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:191:207
Unknown property ‘heigth’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:220:30
Error in parsing value for ‘width’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:233:24
Error in parsing value for ‘font-weight’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:244:28
Error in parsing value for ‘clear’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:275:16
Error in parsing value for ‘clear’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:276:16
Error in parsing value for ‘float’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:344:27
Error in parsing value for ‘clear’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:373:16
Error in parsing value for ‘clear’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:374:20
Unknown property ‘text-wrap’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:377:65
Error in parsing value for ‘text-overflow’. Declaration dropped. ats_2016_cssg.css:377:87
Expected ‘none’, URL, or filter function but found ‘progid’. Error in parsing value for ‘filter’. Declaration dropped. atscolor_dk-2016e.css:117:9
Expected color but found ‘color’. Error in parsing value for ‘color’. Declaration dropped. atscolor_dk-2016e.css:145:18
Loading mixed (insecure) display content “files.abovetopsecret.com...” on a secure page 2 pg3

I can't help but there seem to be a lot of errors and some sites, (files.abovetopsecret.com, google-analytics, addthis.com and others) hang. No images or avatars load.

I was a sys-admin but have no web-dev knowledge or experience.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I never use Firefox (I never liked it, since it first appeared), but as that's what you are using I tried to visit this page and there was a very noticeable difference. While my main browser (Opera) took around 2 seconds to load the page, Firefox took 10. When I forced a full refresh Opera also took 10 seconds, so it looks like Firefox is not caching all the images, what appears to take more time to load on my computer (your avatar takes more than 1 second to load, if not cached).

Could you try a different browser, if you hadn't done it already?

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Thanks for the help but I only use Firefox. Now I'm in Windows and, for now, it works as expected although if that remains the case remains to be seen.

I wonder if my (new, compulsory and crappy) provider might be the cause. In Windows with the latest Firefox Google and Youtube didn't work. Some kind of security problem with the https certificate. After much googling, (well, DuckDuckGo) the problem was caused by the proxy settings. Never experienced it before and never used a proxy but the automatic detection setting was the culprit. I'll reboot tomorrow and see if that helps in Linux (my preferred OS). Thanks for your help, I'll get there eventually.

Obrigado.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Firefox is descended from Netscape Navigator which was made open-source after Micro$oft destroyed them financially. I don't trust Google (Chrome), I try not to use Windows as much as possible and have no desire to user Opera. To each our own. I could try Epiphany (another open-source Gnome browser) but I prefer the browser I am used to using for the last decade or two.

I can't help with the site problems I guess. At least the text loads.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
..... To each our own. I could try Epiphany (another open-source Gnome browser) but I prefer the browser I am used to using for the last decade or two.

I generally have to use a number of different browsers to confirm that my projects will all work on all platforms.

I came across this open-source (little known) beauty of a browser which reminds me of how fast and stable FireFox once was.

SlimBrowser.. Fast.. Secure.. Powerful.. (Below is from their website)

* Faster web browsing without the Ads, 10 times faster file & video download.
* Stop invasion on your privacy by blocking all the ads. Enhanced tracking protection
* Critical and nice-to-have features alike, SlimBrowser does it all for you without plugins.

Anyway..no sign-ups, no credit-card, no nothing.. just a heck of a nice lightweight browser. I've been using it off and on for a bit now, and have to say I like it more and more each time.

Much Success,
Johnny

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Firefox is descended from Netscape Navigator which was made open-source after Micro$oft destroyed them financially.

I know, Netscape Navigator was the first browser I used when I started using the Internet, back in 1995 or 1996.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 03:12 AM
link   

edit on Mon Nov 20 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FaeDedAgain

You're right. It's old and irrelevant now. Your reply on the first page was very insightful at the time though. Thank you for that.

Also, why do this petty nonsense?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I can ask you the same question

a reply to: sine.nomine

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Thread closed.

Terms And Conditions

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>