It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unable to reach pages

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I only use mobile. Perhaps that's the problem. Seems like people don't have trouble with PCs.

That's not accurate. I experience it both on my phone and my desktop computer.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: sine.nomine

The high speed connection here at Langley is working fine for me.

Lol

No issues for me, I only do PC though

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I only use mobile. Perhaps that's the problem. Seems like people don't have trouble with PCs.

I have browsed ats on my phone, but not logged on..slllloooooooow as hell, If I was logged in, maybe it would time out?. In all the years, never had an issue with pc.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's not just you. It's been mentioned for years and it apparently doesn't happen to enough people to warrant a fix.

If it doesn't happen to everyone then it's most likely not a server/site problem.

I haven't had any slow connection problems in a long time.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Do you use a cable to connect to your local network or do you use Wi-Fi?

My boss got a refurbished computer that is much faster than her old computer, so she took it home to be able to do some work from home but was disappointed with the result, as the computer is slow in her home.
The problem is that she doesn't use a cable to connect the fast Ethernet network card on the PC to the fast Internet connection, instead she uses a Wi-Fi connection that is, probably, using a channel that is suffering from interference, reducing the speed even more.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 14/9/2021 by ArMaP because: I can.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Still having the occasional problem. Using no VPN, its consistently bad. Dropped connection, can't connect. Using a VPN pointed to a point within the US, better. Not great but noticeably better.

Connected abroad, almost perfect.

This is on mobile and desktop.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm just trying to figure it out. It doesn't seem to be a server issue. I'm hearing people having problems with PCs. And differences in areas internationally. It's not always a problem, but often a problem. Just thought I'd bring it up. I know it's been brought up before. Just an issue.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
If it doesn't happen to everyone then it's most likely not a server/site problem.

If this many people are mentioning it, from an I.T. perspective, it absolutely is a server/site problem.

originally posted by: ArMaP
Do you use a cable to connect to your local network or do you use Wi-Fi?

All of the above. Doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi on my phone, plugged directly into my router with my desktop PC. Or on my cell signal completely off my network. Still the same and has been since I was moderator all those years ago. I think there's enough people in this thread alone that warrants an investigation to see what the issue is. If it were one or two people, possibly. But there's enough that it very much appears to be a server/site problem.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I concur, my connection here at The Shop is working just fine.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I have had zero problems. Using a PC.

I use both, and on the PC it's fine.

On both my androids, it fails most of the time. Really stinks when you are replying to someone, and it borts on the reply, then tells me I might be making dupes.

Been pointed out many times, but we get the same "Clear your cookies, clear your cache, have you tried turning it off an on again.." replies.

Something is fudged with the android/mobile ATS. And it's not on our ends....

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Well quit hogging all the bandwidth, will ya !

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
Everything is fine here in the bunker with both a laptop and a PC.

Loads are nominal and no pains.

PC's don't appear to be having the issue.

But every day, numerous times, often only noticed when I cannot star a post, it happens on my android.

It's not something we've got installed. It's just "connection could not be made" errors and only for ATS.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   

a reply to: _BoneZ_

The server is the only thing in common to all users, so a problem on the server would be felt by all users, not just some users.

Having said that, the work is probably done by more than one server, to distribute the work load and avoid bottlenecks, and in that case it's possible to have one server with problems while the other(s) work flawlessly, but I find it very unlikely that some users would always get to be served by the same, faulty, server while others are never served by it.

Considering all the above, I don't think it's a server problem.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Maybe it's a regional thing. I use my phone 95% of the time I'm on ATS.... I check in several times a day and have experienced 0 issues for quite a long time now actually. It's been totally smooth since the ads were removed.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

How are there mobile versions and desktop versions, if the server only serves one thing?

It's definitely on the serving end, not the device end.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   

This use to happen to me a lot. I moved over to Opera for internets and it works just fine now.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

a reply to: jerich0

I didn't say the server only serves one thing, the server serves what the clients ask for (if it exists, otherwise it serves a 404 error page or similar).

From what I have seen over the years, many (most?) people use the desktop version of ATS on their phones instead of the mobile version. It would be good to know which version people are using when they get the problems, if everyone is using the mobile version then there's probably something wrong with the code.

What I do know is that not everybody has these problems, so, whatever it is, is not directly a server problem, as that would affect everybody.

edit on 9/15/21 by Hefficide because: fixing broken bbtags

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I've tried with both the mobile and desktop option in Chrome on Android 9 and the timeouts are ever present when I switch to a WiFi connection. Mobile data connection is fast and trouble free.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
Happens on mobile to me frequently, never on PC. If I disconnect from the Wi-Fi and use mobile data it doesn't happen.

Part of me it says it's the tracking software, but the rest of me knows I'm hardly that important.

Problems on mobile cleared up when I turned off wifi also.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

I've tried with both the mobile and desktop option in Chrome on Android 9 and the timeouts are ever present when I switch to a WiFi connection. Mobile data connection is fast and trouble free.

My experience exactly matches yours.

For others having same issues:
If you are accessing ATS from phone or mobile tablet, try turning off wifi and go to your mobile data stream instead. Sacrifice the gigs for a better ATS visit. Which isnt much anyway.
edit on 9/16/2021 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join