It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narrative Nuked: Covid Hospitalizations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Even The Atlantic magazine is starting to question some of the narrative being pushed regarding covid hospitalizations. The published a story yesterday on a study done by some Harvard Medical School and Tufts researchers that is calling into question the hospitalization stats that the media and policy makers keep throwing around.

Our Most Reliable Number is Losing Meaning

To summarize, basically the study is finding that almost half of the covid hospitalizations involve asymptomatic or mild cases of covid. They looked at 50000 cases across 100 VA hospitals and compared admittance records to how the NIH defines a serious Covid case. What they found is that basically at least half of the hospitalizations are due to co-morbidities, not Covid. What is happening is that someone will go to hospital because their diabetes, or whatever other old folks ailments are acting up. They receive a default covid test that comes back positive and are included in Covid hospitalization metric even though their covid symptoms are non-existent and don't meet NIH guidelines.

The federal government requires hospitals to report every patient who tests positive for COVID, yet the overall tallies of COVID hospitalizations, made available on various state and federal dashboards and widely reported on by the media, do not differentiate based on severity of illness...Another portion of the patients in this tally are in the hospital for something unrelated to COVID, and discovered that they were infected only because they were tested upon admission.

The study found:

The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent. From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.

So even the Atlantic, a trash leftist magazine has to conclude that "the study also demonstrates that hospitalization rates for COVID, as cited by journalists and policy makers, can be misleading, if not considered carefully." In other words, the numbers being thrown around are BS.

I told you so...

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Since when did The Atlantic become a hotbed of horse paste licking, Trump supporting, science deniers?

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Happened in the UK too.
(sourced from A State of Fear by Laura Dodsworth)
We're being played.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Since when did The Atlantic become a hotbed of horse paste licking, Trump supporting, science deniers?

When they started realizing they can't defend this BS anymore and the evidence is getting to much to deny.

Check out this video of Fauci being questioned by Sanjay Gupta on herd immunity and an Israeli study. He ask him point blank about why vaccines if you have already had Covid. On CNN no less...

edit on 14-9-2021 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Everybody and his brother is getting government $$$ for reporting everything and the kitchen sink as Covid. Even families are being encouraged to file amended death certificates going back to 2020 to show that Grandpa's heart attack was really a CV19 death, because he may or may not have had covid at the time. All that is required to do this is a suspicion covid may have been involved! FEMA is offering up to $9000 for funeral expenses if you put CV19 on the death certificate. Crazy.

It almost seems as if they're intentionally working hard to make this the Pandemic to end all Pandemics!! It has to be made to appear this way to declare a national health emergency so all manner of freedoms and rights can be challenged.

It's a precursor to see just how far they can take it. Now this bunch are talking about calling gun violence a national health emergency. Yeah...like we're going to fall for that one. Guard your 2A like it's the last thing standing between you and tyranny.

edit on 14-9-2021 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

(post by Nunyabizisit removed for political trolling and baiting)
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

What about all the morgue wagons to take the bloated Covid corpses away?

I live 1/2 a mile from a major hospital in the county here, Biden and his goons would have to you think Covid patients are lined up out the doors.

I delivered a Door Dash to the emergency room desk last week and there wasn’t even any people waiting to be seen in the waiting room, it was empty.

The girls at the desk were not even wearing masks.

So yeah….the narrative they are trying to feed us is bullsh!t.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Keep this in mind, too. Hospital testing policies are very much like most medium to large businesses, now. If you are a 'fully vaccinated' patient, hospitals don't require a Covid test before admission. 'Unvaccinated' patients must be tested though.

Here's an example I grabbed from Houston Medical:

As of June 21, fully vaccinated patients may provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination before their surgery or procedure or being admitted in lieu of COVID-19 testing. Patients can show proof by presenting a vaccination card, a printout or screenshot from MyChart or a printout or screenshot of official documentation from another facility. Patients who are not fully vaccinated or who cannot show proof of vaccination will still be required to undergo a COVID-19 test before being admitted or prior to a procedure or surgery. Patients also have a choice of not sharing proof of vaccination and getting tested for COVID-19.

It's not unique to Houston Medical, that's just an example.

So...this policy would seriously distort the numbers of vaccinated and unvaccinated Covid patients that are hospitalized.

Like, pretty much the only hospitalized Covid patients, who are fully vaccinated, would be the ones there for symptomatic Covid.

edit on 9/14/2021 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

What about all the morgue wagons to take the bloated Covid corpses away?

I live 1/2 a mile from a major hospital in the county here, Biden and his goons would have to you think Covid patients are lined up out the doors.

I delivered a Door Dash to the emergency room desk last week and there wasn’t even any people waiting to be seen in the waiting room, it was empty.

The girls at the desk were not even wearing masks.

So yeah….the narrative they are trying to feed us is bullsh!t.

Exactly. A co-worker and I were chatting about how we kind of felt the 600,000 deaths being claimed was BS. He said he always ask if anyone knows someone personally that died from Covid and most people don't. The other thing to keep in mind is that 600,000 people is a LOT. You'd most certainly see it or feel it in local communities above and beyond the normal deaths. For perspective, the US lost almost 300,000 soldiers in WWII.

I don't recal bodies being stacked like cord wood or any thing that would indicate a significant amount of "excess deaths" beyond just being told they exist.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Listen Up!!!
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Why did they need to do a study for this? It has been common knowledge since the beginning. Mandatory test at hospital means you are hospitalized with covid if you test positive. Its on the CDC website too and has been since the beginning. This is why I have no more patience. Everything everyone is saying now about the pandemic should and could have been common knowledge if anyone would bother to do any research at all. Just eat up whatever MSM and the government say and never look into anything. Don't need a study to tell you what the CDC website has said for almost 2 years. And any chucker that is going to ask for a link..... do your own research. I spent a lot of my own time looking into the coronavirus scenario and if you really care you can look into it for yourself. Oh what the hell, here's a couple links. Second one is from the cdc regarding number of ventilators used. Number has bottomed out. These sites have basically all the info you could possibly want just have to use your brain.

gis.cdc.gov...

www.cdc.gov...
edit on 14-9-2021 by Chalcedony because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chalcedony

Why did they need to do a study for this? It has been common knowledge since the beginning. Mandatory test at hospital means you are hospitalized with covid if you test positive. Its on the CDC website too and has been since the beginning. This is why I have no more patience. Everything everyone is saying now about the pandemic should and could have been common knowledge if anyone would bother to do any research at all. Just eat up whatever MSM and the government say and never look into anything. Don't need a study to tell you what the CDC website has said for almost 2 years. And any chucker that is going to ask for a link..... do your own research. I spent a lot of my own time looking into the coronavirus scenario and if you really care you can look into it for yourself. Oh what the hell, here's a couple links. Second one is from the cdc regarding number of ventilators used. Number has bottomed out. These sites have basically all the info you could possibly want just have to use your brain.

gis.cdc.gov...

www.cdc.gov...

I don't disagree. However, some people need third parties and researchers to validate what should be common sense.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

We already knew there was cause to investigate these numbers more closely to avoid falsely conflating unrelated symptoms with critical covid cases. The trick was to nail down exactly what degree of these patient reports were miscategoized. I use that word charitably, no point in making a big stink until we know who gamed the stats for whatever reason.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

We already knew there was cause to investigate these numbers more closely to avoid falsely conflating unrelated symptoms with critical covid cases. The trick was to nail down exactly what degree of these patient reports were miscategoized. I use that word charitably, no point in making a big stink until we know who gamed the stats for whatever reason.

I don't think we will ever know the truth or who is actually pulling the strings and their motivation.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The end justifies the means

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Doc , I got a runny nose.
Doc : We may have to put you in the hospital for monitoring .
Doc write-up : COVID-19

Which almost happened to me with a cough .
A cough from my bout of twice yearly bronchitis .
Doc at checkup : We may need to give you a COVID test.
Me : You may want to rethink that .
Doc: Why ?
Me : Doc I have lived in this body for many decades. I have had chronic bronchitis since I was 5 years old (double bronchial pneumonia ) . I have known you for 3 years. Which one of us knows my body better ?
Doc : Alrighty then .

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   

They are all lying. My wife and I have both been in Southlake Hospital in Newmarket five times over the last year. Me for anaphylactic shock due to an allergy and taking her to special appointments and her, three times, for heart/ICD and pulmonary issues that resulted from congestive heart failure (3 times over the last 3 years) brought on by emergency doctors not reading her chart.

The hospitals have next to no one in them, one time my wife even took pictures and it was a joke. All the BS on the news and Doug Fraud up here going on about how packed they are is a lie. Even I walked through there on two floors for 15-20 minutes one morning and there was nobody around. No nurses running about or doctors chasing after covid patients. Wake up, it's all BS, it's everywhere and we're all being played!

Here's one of there stupid articles, we know people who work in all the hospitals around Newmarket and Richmond Hill in Ontario, Canada. Yesterday she said they were empty as well and have been all along including the days and weeks before this article came out.

Li nk to Story

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/14.2021 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This belief in twisted evidence is normal now in the USA. If you do not believe it you are not normal since consensus of the time, over fifty percent, believe in the twisted evidence these days.

Or are people just saying they believe in it to be considered normal.

Either way, the great deceivers are now in control of our country.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
As the article in Atlantic points out, VA hospitals are not necessarily representative of the US population. For several reasons.

Here's some data which may be more so.

Pennsylvania:

95 percent of reported hospitalizations with COVID-19 as the primary diagnosis/cause of admission were in unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated people, according to the state health department news release.

Source

These are not people who were hospitalized for a broken foot and tested positive.

edit on 9/14/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Are you suggesting that the hospitals are indeed overrun with covid patients?
Seems like people are actually reporting that they are indeed not.
So are you saying that you don’t consider what ‘people’ are actually seeing to be real, but instead whatever the news says is real is what you believe?
Are you saying that these people are mistaken or lying?

Or is this your way of just saying hello on this thread?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join