It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More US studies show COVID vaccines protect from serious illness

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The studies involved more than 600,000 COVID-19 cases, hospitalisations and deaths in 13 states, and large cities from April through mid-July.

“Looking at cases over the past two months when the Delta variant was the predominant variant circulating in this country, those who were unvaccinated were about four-and-a-half times more likely to get COVID-19, over 10 times more likely to be hospitalised, and 11 times more likely to die from the disease,” Walensky said.

www.aljazeera.com...

Hey that's good news, at least we know that the vaccines help right?
..Unless someone can debunk this?

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   
In that study of more than 32,000 visits to urgent care centres, emergency rooms and hospitals, Moderna’s vaccine was 95 percent effective at preventing hospitalisation compared with 80 percent for Pfizer and 60 percent for J&J.a reply to: canucks555

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Biden is right. The 75% of vaccinated patriotic Americans who want to move forward with their lives ARE LOSING patience with the ignorant, science denying, angry 25%.

Sorry, but that's the reality right now guys.

a reply to: canucks555

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I don't think those findings will get much of an argument from anyone. The vaccines reduce Covid-19 hospitalizations.

It remains to be seen how many hospitalizations will be caused by these brand-new experimental Covid-19 vaccines. Only time will tell.

Too bad so little effort is put into researching the effectiveness of the natural antibodies generated during recovery from Covid-19, by medical authorities.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Biden is right. The 75% of vaccinated patriotic Americans who want to move forward with their lives ARE LOSING patience with the ignorant, science denying, angry 25%.

It's too bad these warp-speed developed vaccines are so ineffective. Otherwise, it would just be the unvaccinated sending each other to the hospital. Biden and company wouldn't be freaking out like girly-men.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Because the unvaxxed are somehow infecting the vaxxed and killing them?

(Then the vax you worship isn't much use anyway)

Or because some people refuse to play their silly game and democrats are afraid of being exposed for what they've done?

Nevermind the fact that a 'study' is impossible since CDC told hospitals to stop reporting breakthrough cases in May.

So yes, if you compare the vaxxed cases (that aren't even being tracked) to the actual number of unvaxxed cases, it will LOOK like only the unvaxxed are getting sick.

Doesn't make it true.

edit on 11-9-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Japan now has seen an increase of hospitalizations of the vaccinated. So what's up with this?

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Maybe you have answered this before and I missed it. But if you are vaccinated, why does it matter what I do? What do you think biden meant when he said we have to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated? When vaccinated people can still also catch it and spread it and the only positive about being vaccinated is a personal gain of maybe not getting as sick or hospitalized. In short... if it works for you, why do I need it? Do you think we only reach herd immunity via 100% vaccination? What about natural antibodies?
edit on 11-9-2021 by Chalcedony because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Japan now has seen an increase of hospitalizations of the vaccinated. So what's up with this?

Japan isn't under orders from CDC to hide their vaxxed cases.

The U.S. stopped tracking them in May.

Because the number of vaxxed cases was about to blow the democrat's narrative to smithereens.

You can't count what you don't track.

So 'breakthrough' cases magically disappeared here.

And NONE of us knows what the counts really are.

joe & CDC made sure of that.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Most articles will provide links directly to the study, but I don't see it. There are links to other sources not related to this particular study of 600,000 people, but the meat of this article is missing.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Japan has a large elderly population who are vaxxed and vulnerable to covid, and a smaller young population who are unvaxxed an are at low risk from covid.

The math is simple, and speaks to who is vaxxed rather than what the effect of the vax is.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chalcedony

Maybe you have answered this before and I missed it. But if you are vaccinated, why does it matter what I do?

Because we have a single tier system. When there is a large outbreak among the unvaxxed everybody gets locked down regardless of vax status.

Where I live we all got locked down because a few unvaxxed had bunch of private parties and spread covid around among themselves. Authorities here locked everybody down, not just them.

iDo you think we only reach herd immunity via 100% vaccination? What about natural antibodies?

When you have a large unvaxxed population you get a lot of transmission and this leads to new mutations and new variants (Viruses mutate when they replicate). This virus is mutating faster than people are gaining natural immunity, so you need to add extra immunity to it through vaxxing.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Japan has a large elderly population who are vaxxed and vulnerable to covid, and a smaller young population who are unvaxxed an are at low risk from covid.

The math is simple, and speaks to who is vaxxed rather than what the effect of the vax is.

Any evidence to support your claim?

Not doubting, but want the data, not personal opinions.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: Chalcedony

Maybe you have answered this before and I missed it. But if you are vaccinated, why does it matter what I do?

Because we have a single tier system. When there is a large outbreak among the unvaxxed everybody gets locked down regardless of vax status.

Where I live we all got locked down because a few unvaxxed had bunch of private parties and spread covid around among themselves. Authorities here locked everybody down, not just them.

iDo you think we only reach herd immunity via 100% vaccination? What about natural antibodies?

When you have a large unvaxxed population you get a lot of transmission and this leads to new mutations and new variants (Viruses mutate when they replicate). This virus is mutating faster than people are gaining natural immunity, so you need to add extra immunity to it through vaxxing.

Are you trying to claim that the vaxxed aren't spreading covid?

The limited data we have access to strongly suggests otherwise.

And even cdc has admitted that the vaxxed are still shedding (spreading) the virus.

Besides, wouldn't the proper solution be to end the stupid lockdowns?

The unvaxxed are not responsible for democrats choosing to go fascist for political reasons.

The vaxxed are already protected, right?

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:22 AM
link   
OMG! You've convinced me to take the jab! I'm getting it first thing tomorrow.

Lol, JK. I'm not taking that crap.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Is that including the peeps that got the clot shot within fourteen days of getting a serious complication?

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   
As of May, the CDC only counts breakthrough cases from those in hospital
And after the 14 day waiting period.
The number of COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough infections reported to CDC are an undercount of all SARS-CoV-2 infections among fully vaccinated persons, especially of asymptomatic or mild infections:
www.cdc.gov...

edit on amSaturdaySaturday20600000009am9 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

As of May, the CDC only counts breakthrough cases from those in hospital
And after the 14 day waiting period.
The number of COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough infections reported to CDC are an undercount of all SARS-CoV-2 infections among fully vaccinated persons, especially of asymptomatic or mild infections:
www.cdc.gov...

The text I read said only certain types of hospitalizations were being reported for vaxxed cases.

Not even tracking all the hospitalizations.

And from May through July, they told hospitals to stop reporting ANY info related to breakthrough cases. Since July they have backed off a LITTLE due to our pressure, and announced that they would start tracking certain types of vaxxed cases.

Not even after the 14 day grace period, during which the vaxxed are heavily shedding (spreading) covid.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

link?
so i'm not reading the entire morning.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

link?
so i'm not reading the entire morning.

I'm intentionally not providing one because none appear credible and complete.

On either side.

You'll have to do your own reading and decide for yourself on this one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join