It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Archives slaps 'harmful content' warning on Constitution

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Full Title: National Archives slaps 'harmful content' warning on Constitution, Declaration of Independence, other founding documents

This is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. I truly thought this was a joke or somehow misleading, but nope, this is real. This is a horrific development in the loss of our freedom and the destruction of our nation. I am sickened.

I will just say I don’t know who is letting complete morons run the National Archives, but there needs to be some serious house cleaning done and those in charge should be removed. Anyone who cares about freedom should be horrified at what is going on in this country and this is just one more nail in the coffin of our Republic.

Link

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You know when you see something so stupid you have no words and just stand there and go "WTF ? " .....this is one of those moments.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

You know when you see something so stupid you have no words and just stand there and go "WTF ? " .....this is one of those moments.

It's too early in the morning to process this much dumb, but I'm afraid there's a growing group of people in the US that agree with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

www.archives.gov...

Here is a link to the the Archives page with the warning.

edit on 9-9-2021 by Loadstain because: Typo

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Here..

Made you a fitting illustration to go with the thread...lol

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Between Marvin there, and the way you put it, you just described how I looked & what I said to my screen when I read that load.

Harmful content, give me a #ing break, goddamn teacups o.0

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Ask Hitler.

Next step: Declaring parts of it hate speech and trying to make it difficult to get hands on a copy.

What's more concerning is that such crazy people work in a national archive. This is the crib of future history writings, how much more damage can be done?

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Saw this a few days ago, but couldn't find what words they consider harmful to the snowflakes. Maybe words like freedom, rights, republic, independence, and others are trigger words now.

You could be cancelled for using words like that in your OP.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I am at a loss...

Is it to late to sign up to be put on a rocket to Mars...

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Nevermind I found it, its a real story.

Bill of Rights
Constitution of the United States
Declaration of Independence
edit on 9-9-2021 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

I took a photo of the warning, but I can’t convert it to PNG on my tablet so I can’t post it here. Sadly, it’s there.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!

Please, please, PLEASE, tell me this isn't true!!

Absolutely incomprehensible!

This is a VERY DANGEROUS development! VERY!

(I think I'm going back to bed; I woke up in the wrong world).

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Clearly, the barbarians are inside the gates.

My hunch is that China has infiltrated every branch of the federal government.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The label seems to be generic in nature and not geared towards any particular document(s). I did a search for Spanish Flu, and a document from 1953 had the same banner warning on top.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Doesn't matter.

That any sort of banner could be placed on, associated with, or in any way connected to the founding documents of this nation is...CATEGORICALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I knew back in 2010 that this crap was coming. I was appalled when I read about a school district revising their history books, idk which ones exactly. I noticed that the 3rd Amendment was tweaked slightly from "Protection against housing soldiers in civilian homes" to "Protection against housing soldiers in civilian homes, during peacetime."

I don't respect underhanded tactics. I respect our government and "President," by name only, even less.

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

(I think I'm going back to bed; I woke up in the wrong world).

I don't want to derail the thread, so here's an edit. I saw a TV show with the plot where when the father falls asleep, he awakes into a different reality. Well, the premise is that he was in a car crash with his wife and son, but only one of them dies. One of those realities is a dream, yet it's so vivid he's unable to determine which is real.
edit on 9-9-2021 by JefeFeesh because: didn't need a new comment, just an addition

The show was called Awake. I didn't finish it, and I'm sure it was cancelled, btw.
edit on 9-9-2021 by JefeFeesh because: because

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Supporting the concept of a small, limited government answerable to the people is now hate speech.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
No outrage from me.

This label applies to all of the national archives, not just the Constitution. As a header of sorts on the online catalog. Smart move, if you ask me, else they'd be tied up in controversy or court by every person who gets offended to that degree by something in the archives.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Its like slowly boiling a frog.

We are the frog

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

These are national archives, they contain the history of the country.

Since when is it okay to be offended by history? I guess since it's okay to tear down statues, burn books and light buildings on fire to further a political agenda.

I mean, coffee is hot, history is brutal. This is ridiculous. It's like trigger warnings in front of a book about how to cope with abuse.

Use some common sense?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join