It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Meteor Society - Fireballs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Notice anything?

fireball.amsmeteors.org...

Does it make you wonder what happened? Does it make you wonder if anything changed in our atmosphere?

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

That is actually very very fascinating. You absolutely right, look at the climb! What could contribute to something like that? I have to agree with you, I would default to the notion that it's atmospheric. With all the geoengineering going on (something still controversial for some but no longer for me...listen to a fellow named Dane Wigington if you need some expert opinion on the subject...maybe I'll do a thread on him), anyway, I digress, geoengineering could explain it. Also, a lot of people believe there is a space object headed toward us, Nibiru, Planet X, a brown dwarf star... I don't necessarily ascribe to this, however, if it were true this could be matter that would be precursory to it's arrival (just tossing that one in for good measure).

Great thread...extremely interesting data.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Are you suggesting Covid-19 is destroying these Fireballs ?

I'm joking , in all seriousness the consistent increase of sightings is probably explained by an increase of people watching for them . Technology increases and so does our ability to see these " Fireballs " .

The sudden drop off in sightings is maybe explained by the current state of our society , essentially less eyes on the sky .

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The earth goes through the Taurid meteor stream every year, could we have been getting closer to a more densely packed part and then moved away? I am not very familiar on this subject.
edit on 6-9-2021 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The Sun is giving off solar flares thru equinox when cold air hits warm air this could be the affect of the
solar system and stars dieing and rebirthing new ones ,Planets and stars are billions and zillions of miles in space we dont
know whats effecting fireballs or the universe, hard to tell on data
edit on 6-9-2021 by blackienorton12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Are you suggesting Covid-19 is destroying these Fireballs ?

I'm joking , in all seriousness the consistent increase of sightings is probably explained by an increase of people watching for them . Technology increases and so does our ability to see these " Fireballs " .

The sudden drop off in sightings is maybe explained by the current state of our society , essentially less eyes on the sky .

Well, the sudden drop off would be that the last bar on the graph is for 2021, so there is still a lot of time left in the year. Otherwise I think you're explanation is quite good and could explain the increase.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf
You beat me by a few seconds.
One needs to go to the link, becaiuse the small scale of the graph in the OP makes it hard to see the dates.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You offered up another graph of this nature in a thread yesterday. I find it interesting so I looked to the website you found it on.

ourworldindata.org...

We were discussing the appearance of hockey stick like graphs in history. You were very cryptic in your comments.
What do you suppose that this rise in meteors might mean? What do you suppose the rise in many of the graphs might mean?

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
One needs to go to the link, becaiuse the small scale of the graph in the OP makes it hard to see the dates.

Ha! TheMirrorSelf '1', DISRAEL a disappointing second (but take heart, you're the first loser!)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think it has a lot to do with people.

People had more time on their hands these past two years.
So a lot more people started looking up surprisingly.

We noticed it in MUFON as well.
Reports in Canada increased by 200.
Granted the vast majority of those reports were due to StarLink.
But still more people took notice to the skies.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Well, the sudden drop off would be that the last bar on the graph is for 2021, so there is still a lot of time left in the year.

your absolutely right , by the end of this year the numbers could be in pattern.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

This is a really cool topic.

I found this:

Comet Strikes Increase as We Pass Through the Galactic Plane
www.universetoday.com...

link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
You offered up another graph of this nature in a thread yesterday. I find it interesting so I looked to the website you found it on.

ourworldindata.org...

We were discussing the appearance of hockey stick like graphs in history. You were very cryptic in your comments.
What do you suppose that this rise in meteors might mean? What do you suppose the rise in many of the graphs might mean?

Interesting question to which I have a supposition (by the way, I think you and I discussed this topic briefly yesterday). The graphs that you call 'hockey stick' (I think, if I'm not mistaken a term that you adopted from your Dad), is really the description of a hyperbolic curve. A hyperbolic curve has two axis, x and y. If you set x as time and y as change, then you'd see your aforementioned hockey stick emerge. In other words, if you were born in 1100AD, you rode a horse, you could move at the speed of a horse, and that was pretty much it. Your great, great, great, great (I don't know, a lot of greats) grandson who was born in 1400AD, well, he rode a horse too. He could, like you, move at the speed of a horse. In all those years we went from 1 horsepower engines to...1 horsepower engines. Now as we enter the modern era, we see drastically greater change in relation to time. In 1903 man first left earth under heavier than air flight with the Wright Brothers. In 1969, a scant 66 years later, we faked landing a man on the moon (I mean, we landed a man on the moon). Such a technical spike over such a short time is incredible. Now we have quantum computers, CERN, hell, the internet (who would have thought that love was just a right swipe away?).

The interesting question is where does this change go from here, because hyperbolic curves tend toward infinity. In other words, we reach a point on the curve where we approach 0 as it relates to the increase on the 'x' axis, or time, when the graph on the 'y' axis become vertically straight (change). Thereby we come to an infinite conclusion which means...what? What does that look like? Do we transcend?

link   
Has anyone told Graham Hancock about this?

I hope its not the begining of what he writes about-a cyclic event of fire from the skies,which according to his theory,the ancients left messages of warnings via many of the worlds now famous ancient sites such as the pyramids,Puma Punku and many others.

I dont know though-I would think if we were entering an area of space more densely filled with rocks NASA would have told everyone,and the usual suspects would be milking it and have everyone on meteor lockdowns,for our safety..

link   

I think if you would go back as far as 1966 to the Leonid meteor shower in November, your chart would be off the scale. I remember you could read a newspaper there were so many. It was absolutely amazing!

Leonid Meteor Shower, 1966

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

" Mass extinctions coincide with major asteroid impacts and devastating volcanic outpourings of lava.
Paleontologists had previously discovered that similar mass extinctions of marine life were not random events.
We're about 20 million years away from the next predicted mass extinction."

"The solar system passes through the crowded part of our Milky Way galaxy about every 30 million years. During those times, comet showers are possible, leading to large impacts on the Earth.
Artist's depiction of Ankylosaurus magniventris, a large armored dinosaur species, witnessing the impact of an asteroid falling on the Yucatan Peninsula 66 million years ago.

"These new findings of coinciding, sudden mass extinctions on land and in the oceans, and of the common 26- to 27-million-year cycle, lend credence to the idea of periodic global catastrophic events as the triggers for the extinctions," Rampino said."

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

......the consistent increase of sightings is probably explained by an increase of people watching for them . Technology increases and so does our ability to see these " Fireballs " .

and the technology has also made it much easier for people to report them.

In the past, people would have been more likely to see them and think, "oh wow. that's cool.", and that would be the end of it. Now they have access to the internet in their pocket.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Has anyone told Graham Hancock about this?

I hope its not the begining of what he writes about-a cyclic event of fire from the skies,which according to his theory,the ancients left messages of warnings via many of the worlds now famous ancient sites such as the pyramids,Puma Punku and many others.

I dont know though-I would think if we were entering an area of space more densely filled with rocks NASA would have told everyone,and the usual suspects would be milking it and have everyone on meteor lockdowns,for our safety..

Well, it also says in The Bible that precursory to Christ's return that "...great signs shall there be from heaven."

I just thought I'd drop that one in since you mentioned other messages, but I really wanted to tell you how much I appreciated the laugh that your post gave me. Oh, it was a good one, full bellied. Felt great, cathartic, you know. "NASA would have told everyone..." Classic! Keep 'em coming. Seriously, do some more.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

......the consistent increase of sightings is probably explained by an increase of people watching for them . Technology increases and so does our ability to see these " Fireballs " .

and the technology has also made it much easier for people to report them.

In the past, people would have been more likely to see them and think, "oh wow. that's cool.", and that would be the end of it. Now they have access to the internet in their pocket.

Very, very true (I don't know why I didn't think of something so simple). Still, your avatar gives me the willies.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Or you can right click the image, and click 'view image'.

But it would have been easier if the OP would have included the ATS link to the full image.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

eta: At least that's my personal preference, but maybe not everyone's.
I just don't really like the little pop-up box at the link.

edit on 9/6/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join