It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversation about the Texas Abortion Ban

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I had one of the strangest conversations over on Reddit the other day about this Social Issue. It started out with a woman asking about protesting options about the Texas Ban and one of the options of protest was "Abstaining from Sex".

Does anyone else see the irony in this?

Isn't that the solution to not needing an abortion to begin with?

So their protest will be to do exactly what the Ban wants them to do?

Has the stupidity been turned up to 11? Or am I missing something here?

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
I had one of the strangest conversations over on Reddit the other day about this Social Issue. It started out with a woman asking about protesting options about the Texas Ban and one of the options of protest was "Abstaining from Sex".

It's only going to get worse. Have you seen how the mentally ill on the streets have been acting lately. Walk in , pick up something and walk out with it. Strange times we live in.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Abortions are on the decline anyway and would be almost non-existent if the same American Taliban that came up with this ludicrous "ban" allowed more open communication and education and readily available birth control.

As for your strange conversation, people are angry and reacting to this in different ways because they feel like they were thrown under a bus that then reversed and ran over them again and again.

The majority of American does not want Roe v Wade overturned and also believes in the education these same religious nutters keep resisting.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:19 AM
link   

How do you reach that conclusion?

The abortion ban means more babies will be born.

If everyone stopped having sex, that would be the exact opposite.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Well let me explain it to you this way. Texas is a man's state, if these politicians stopped getting their stick wet&waxed by mistresses they would have something to say.

So a movement where wives don't touch their husbands will make the men listen to the women..

Here is an old legend of a woman who finally gets her husband to listen to her over insane taxes.. Sometimes women have to use their bodies to get people to listen. In places like Texas.. you would expect more of this.. tbh..

Lady Godiva, in Old English Godgifu, was a late Anglo-Saxon noblewoman who is relatively well documented as the wife of Leofric, Earl of Mercia, and a patron of various churches and monasteries. Today, she is mainly remembered for a legend dating back to at least the 13th century, in which she rode naked – covered only in her long hair – through the streets of Coventry to gain a remission of the oppressive taxation that her husband, Leofric, imposed on his tenants. The name "Peeping Tom" for a voyeur originates from later versions of this legend, in which a man named Thomas watched her ride and was struck blind or dead.
edit on 5-9-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:28 AM
link   

The point is its overwhelmingly men who make ridiculous decisions and laws such as this. So stop the men who make these decisions from getting sex.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow

Well let me explain it to you this way. Texas is a man's state, if these politicians stopped getting their stick wet&waxed by mistresses they would have something to say.

I assume the politicians who have mistresses are most likely pro-abortion.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 04:35 AM
link   
So democrat women will abstain from having sex with democrat men because Republicans are banning abortion?
Ooooooooookaaaay

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   
How often do people say something like:

Well, if you didn't want to have the baby, you shouldn't have had the sex.

I might be wrong, but I get the impression that it is men saying this more than women.
As if they are talking to a bunch of teenage girls and not adult married women like their own wives or. Girlfriends.
Lol.. the you shouldn't have had sex bit is just a nice easy out to a complex problem, especially in an area like tx where religion plays an important role. I highly doubt is all of these men saying this would be happy if their wives took their advice. They don't expect their wives to. And, well, probably the majority of pregnancies weren't actually wanted, accepted yes, wanted at some point in their lives, probably, but wanted and actively sought... nope. If women did take this advice to heart, there would be a dramatic drop in births which would in time increase the need to import people, and we all know how the right feels about immigration.

edit on 5-9-2021 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WillNotComply
So democrat women will abstain from having sex with democrat men because Republicans are banning abortion?
Ooooooooookaaaay

So you are one of these people who think all Republicans think and feel the same way?

I can only think that is why you typed that.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
And then one should look at the other side.
Women locked up for crap like falling down the stairs or having a car accident and miscarrying.
Women forced to have csections.
Women sent home three times while having a miscarriage only to collaspe on the floor of the er while they are in the process of sending her home the third time.
Kids forced to have kids, men justifying bans that would even prohibit abortion for ectopic pregnancy because surely, the little tyke can be surgically relocated into the uterus.
Never mind that the prolife crowd is also probably the crowd complaining that the insurance policies cover pregnancy and such a surgery would be such an attempt would not only be fruitless, but cost more than some people would earn 5 or more years.

Maternal deaths have increased and I just can't help noticing that that increase seems to coincide with the rise of hospitals running according to religious doctrines.

Considering the increased risks that have been created.... to protect the unborn of course...
One should ask themselves...
Is the sex really worth it!

And. It doesn't get any better after it is born and these people change the words to;
Well, if you couldn't afford the kid you shouldn't have had the kid.
As if you could just shove the kid back into you and be pregnant the rest of your lives.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Many people are confused about this first Texas did not ban abortions. This is just wrong what they did was allow someone to sue the doctor if the baby has a heartbeat. They stripped the physicians of their protection from the state.

Also, the supreme court's decision isn't against abortion it simply said the state is not the one that should be considered the enforcer of the law and was not able to enforce this law it would be decided by a judge in court. Now yes this is a legal maneuver from Texas but in reality, it works. by allowing doctors to e sued after 9 weeks they knew this would stop most doctors.

Now for me at nine weeks, you will be able to see the baby's head, body, and limbs. The baby also has a heartbeat and you can tell its human. I think this is a fair time to start protecting its rights.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

How do you reach that conclusion?

The abortion ban means more babies will be born.

If everyone stopped having sex, that would be the exact opposite.

I understand where you are coming from but anti-abortion exists mainly to stop unborn babies getting killed.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSun, 05 Sep 2021 06:00:51 -05002120219America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   

She sounds like one of those religious genius to me.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Wait until businesses that purposely watch the women of Texas, to see what they are up to, start up.

A business could make a lot of money following women around to see if they are breaking this law, and then file suit to get the $10,000, if they do. If you could simply find 10 women a year to turn in, you could make a six figure salary.

Not too mention your neighbors watching you constantly to see if you are "showing".

Great fun is coming women. Good luck!

Oh, and this won't stop abortions. It'll just make them accessible to only those with money. The poor will have to do it the "old fashioned" way. There will be plenty of "criminals" that will be happy to perform a "back alley" abortion. And only the poor will be forced to have a baby they can't afford.

Not too mention a rape or incest victims forced to have a kid. Nice.
edit on 5-9-2021 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Is it legal in tx now for a dr to terminate a pregnancy if a heartbeat is found? Is the govt gonna come in and shut down the clinic if it is found to have aborted when a heartbeat is present?
And where are you getting the nine weeks from now?
It was six weeks in the other thread.
A heartbeat can exist at 5 weeks occasionally.
The gestational age is measured in weeks after the first day of the women's last period and is defined as such in the danged law!

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

It's the beginnings of "The Handmaid's Tale" material if ever there was one.

When they tell Woman what they can and cannot grow in there own bodies that's them pretty much property of the state.

And nothing more than Texas chattel.
edit on 5-9-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Many people are confused about this first Texas did not ban abortions. This is just wrong what they did was allow someone to sue the doctor if the baby has a heartbeat. They stripped the physicians of their protection from the state.

Also, the supreme court's decision isn't against abortion it simply said the state is not the one that should be considered the enforcer of the law and was not able to enforce this law it would be decided by a judge in court. Now yes this is a legal maneuver from Texas but in reality, it works. by allowing doctors to e sued after 9 weeks they knew this would stop most doctors.

Now for me at nine weeks, you will be able to see the baby's head, body, and limbs. The baby also has a heartbeat and you can tell its human. I think this is a fair time to start protecting its rights.

I think 6 weeks. Most women won't even know they are pregnant at this stage which is the real reason they choose it.

I think this will be used to sue to make money for sick idiots.

If men had to carry and birth babies this new law would never have happend in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

There's nothing stopping them from going out of state for an abortion, right?
of course that will cost $$.

and as long as they don't need a vaccination card to cross the State line.
hard telling what the future will bring...

posted on Sep, 5 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I used to think Texas was the best American state.
Cowboys, country music, guns, pick up trucks...A place where men can be men and women like them that way...

Now though?
Nah, it's a mess.
Government peeking into bedroom windows wanting a say in what people do.
Nosy grassing pillocks trying to snitch on people for looking after their own bodies.

Texas is a mess, too much government, too many snitches, too much bible bashing.

It is a joke of a place and somewhere I would never now wish to travel to and spend money.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join