It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All pork has parasites

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I would bet that the YouTube vid is from a feral pig, or from a crap US farm which is breaking whatever laws you have over in the States.

There are only around 15 cases of trichinosis a year in the United States and they are typically from consuming bear or wild boar.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Also, many times pigs are very cruel treated when being slaughtered. (Such as being boiled alive, kicked around, tazed, created and sustained painful injuries like broken legs) Many slaughter houses will hide their true practices through ad gag and anti-press policys. So good luck finding any sort of semi-ethical slaughterhouse!

Pigs are also smarter than dogs and may be considered the 4th smartest animal species.

So, add another reason not to eat pigs.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
Hello DeathSlayer.
Pork huh? Do you like Seafood? LOL!!!
I was an offshore commercial fisherman for many years.
I could, but won’t, ruin Seafood for a lot of people.
People should just enjoy the foods they love.
Life is too short to sweat the small stuff and, ahem, worms etc. in any meat is small stuff. 😈
We have, Fire!!!......

Cheers!

Is it all the plastic found in fish? Or other contaminants?

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
Is it all the plastic found in fish? Or other contaminants?

He's referring to all the parasitic worms you can find in many food fish species.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ill never eat sushi again.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Everything is full of parasites. Including us.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Ill never eat sushi again.

Almost all sushi is blast frozen which kills parasites.

edit on 1-9-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

AM might not long pig again.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
AM might not long pig again.

Proper cooking temp is a thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hay arnt you that self righteous dude who can’t even stomach being American? No wonder you can’t handle pork.

a reply to: DeathSlayer

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Humans are full of parasites too.

There are theories out there that having parasites makes one healthier in some ways.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Pigs are also smarter than dogs and may be considered the 4th smartest animal species.

By comparing the normal living conditions (in the U.S.) of the average pig vs. that of the average dog, I'd have to say that dogs are clearly way smarter than pigs.

If you wanna argue against that statement by tossing out some numbers determined through some sort of extensive university testing or whatever, then I'll just counter that by saying...

Ok, maybe pigs have better book smarts, but the dogs are clearly way ahead in street smarts, and the book smarts aint doing no good for no pigs.

Pigs have not taught humans to walk around behind them picking up their poo.

Heck, dogs were even smart enough to trick us into believing they don't taste good.

edit on 9/1/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   
If we take a close enough look at any of our foods being prepared, especially commercially, you might get dismayed. Most of the things that are ground up or 'smooshed', like peanut butter, applesauce, canned pumpkin pie mix, ketchup, etc, contain worms and insects that we wouldn't typically eat if we could see them.
I bought a gallon can of maple syrup in Vermont once and was enjoying it thoroughly, and when I got almost to the bottom of the can... out comes multiple grasshoppers and crickets. I used the rest of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It's best not to acknowledge things such as that.
Those words are practically blasphemous.

out comes multiple grasshoppers and crickets

They didn't hop out on their own did they? I mean, you pulled them out, right?
edit on 9/1/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

They didn't hop out on their own did they? I mean, you pulled them out, right?

I didn't pull them out, they poured out with the syrup through the fairly wide opening on top of the can.
They were quite dead.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

So do people.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I wouldn't have eaten them either, BUT just thinking about it, they probably wouldn't have been that bad. Surely, a maple syrup soaked grasshopper would be better than a chocolate covered grasshopper, and people eat those for some reason. I've seen a friend eat a couple grasshoppers on a dare before, but it wasn't easy for him. If only they had been soaked in syrup...

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I've had Salsa de Chapulin de Oaxaca at my local taco place because the owner thought he could one up me. I ate that s*** and asked for seconds.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

How can you hoax it unless the video is so bad you can't tell what you're seeing.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I was gonna ask, but I decided to look it up instead. How was it? Would you have actually eaten it all, if you had not been eating it out of spite? lol

I found a bottle of Grasshopper Sauce on Amazon, and the 2nd picture is just something else that appeared in my search. A bowl of plain Chapulines: Cooked Grasshoppers

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join