It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A painting video I made, where I talk a lot.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I am weird.

I've been painting for friends and family and it almost came as a surprise that I really truly enjoy it, just look at these cute faces!

edit on 28-8-2021 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Worth every penny...

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise Nice work, nice style too.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Glad you're still doing these. Those look awesome like always. And the video is pretty funny.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm so glad you like them!

a reply to: GuitaristRob

Thanks for watching, or looking!

I did not realize my keyboard video from years ago would show up right after this one? LOOOOL.

a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

Thanks! Yeah, I'm slowly but surely still working at it. I'd like to try people next. I am pretty sure I can do people faces too.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well done!

I think the editing of the video added a somewhat subtle disjointed feel that really complemented your personality. Its a very good thing, and it was fun!

Sound was good.

The piece itself is great, and I would definitely like to see more content along these lines.

Not that you asked for any, but some criticisms might be.. Maybe a bit more eye contact with the camera lens itself (seems like maybe you are looking at the camera screen, thats flipped around?). And the end of the video was a bit abrupt. Maybe even just a slight fade transition before it actually ends would make it flow better.

And as a random suggestion, some super close macro shots of brush strokes that are slowed down a bit might really play into that "disjointed" aspect I mentioned earlier.

I did subscribe

edit on 28-8-2021 by Serdgiam because: Squirrel chaos

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Stars and flag cause you are so cute

look at these cute faces

Wait you didn't mean your cute faces.... My bad....

Remember no promises

edit on 28-8-2021 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Wow! I do agree with all of that, surprised how much I like this critique lol, wasn't expecting it.

The ending is abrupt, I knew it right away and I'll have to remember to record an ending. Didn't think of it at the time. Like I think I should say something like, "well, that's it, goodbye." Also that's a good idea about the closeup! I'll do that. Also I do have to look into the camera more.

It is extremely weird for me to be talking into the camera actually, it feels unnatural. I plan to get used to it and aspire to become the next Bob Ross, LOL.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

to become the next Bob Ross

That's what we needed a female bob ross but I digress get an appointment with your hairdresser ASAP

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

LOL. I need a fro. I almost bought a fro wig once... why am I so weird?

Anyways, thanks for all the comments and your kindness. I was actually not feeling that good that day that I recorded, tbh, I was feeling kind of crappy, and my actual hair looks stupid. I think I look kind of homely actually lol, but I'm ok with it. It's me.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

BRAVO!!!

BRAVO!!!

Great video! Great painting!

Thoroughly impressed. Do you only paint pets? I don’t have a pet right now and that makes me sad. I do have a girlfriend. That is kind of like an expensive pet. Do you paint human faces?

Do you have an etsy page?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I see no books on Caligula. Very disappointed in you

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Right.... everyone studying AM's library instead of GL's mess

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Damn, that art looks good.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You're very talented! I love the paintings, and getting to watch them develop on video was great as well.

Regarding your video...I wouldn't touch a thing. I really like the kind of edgy editing style. I thought it ended exactly how I expected it to end. I remember you posted your first video a while back, and I remember liking that same edginess in that video too. The swing set scene was very Blair Witch-esque (don't know how else to describe it really). And the audio segments were perfect, the way they cut off. I thought that was really well done. You have a definite personal style there, and I'd definitely recommend sticking with it. Very unique. Makes the viewer want more.

I'm not sure I agree with the above poster's critique. I think if you do all those things your videos will wind up looking like every other of the 80 million boring a## videos on U-toob. Your video here was about painting, and that's what you did. And you captured it with that same style. I also liked that the video wasn't 35 minutes long with a 10 minute rambling introduction that so many other videos just can't seem to resist doing. You got right to the point. I applaud that.

Keep up the great work! I'd love to commission you to do some paintings of our two knuckle-heads, Rhode & Cisco (Aus. Shepard and ACD). Rhode is a merle (one blue eye and one brown), and he's a real ham. But only if you promise to video it so we can see how it evolved.

Best.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

LOL @ gf's being pets.

I do have an etsy page but not for this and it's so old. Maybe I should try it?

I have never done a people portrait in this style, but I sense that I could. I think I should try it out first on a family member, lol.

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Maybe one day I can paint your GF, or a portrait of you both! I like the idea of couples portraits too.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Im actually looking at doing something similar myself (videos and livestreaming).

Ill be covering different things, but would really like to include my digital art too.

Looking into the lens is wierd af to me. Its just about the last place I want to look, and its probably the first place I should look. I want it to be as "good" as possible though, you know? Ive also been vocalizing all those inner thoughts outloud more just as I go throughout the day, and I think that makes it easier to talk to the camera.

I only offer criticism like this on stuff where I see awesome people doing awesome things, and Id love to see them be even more awesome

Cant wait to see more!

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I like the cute faces.

I can't paint unless I watch some Bob Ross videos then I can paint pretty decently, I think his voice hypnotizes me into being able to paint. I like to paint imperfection in nature, my trees look like real trees not the perfect ones that most people desires to see.

I think it's a pretty good video, but a little short.

The artist is pretty cute, is that you GeezLouise?

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Oh my G you remembered the swing set, LOOOOL. The noises it made... pretty creepy yeah.

I thank you so much for your kindness, I have some photo requirements! I need to be able to zoom into the photo and see an eye duct at least, even if it's a little fuzzy up close, as long as I can see small details, then I can do it. I'll be sending you private message now.

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That's me! Thanks so much.

Yeah I would actually like to do more plein air painting too, which I have done. I could record that as well. I can finish a small painting in about 4-6 hrs I found, when I'm out. Of course I could work on it longer, for more detail. Depends on what I'm painting too.

I love Bob Ross's voice too, very calming. And I just love the things he says, it feels spiritual and applicable to all life situations, lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join