It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an AmeriCAN...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
".... righteous that once made the USA the shining beacon on the hill." Please don't! Only the Amerlocs can see or imagine your "shining beacon" which doesn't really shine for other countries when the U.S goes out robbing for resources. Be interesting to see from where you are going to rob your much need water...didn't your ex president try to buy Greenland for its glaciers?

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlaska
".... righteous that once made the USA the shining beacon on the hill." Please don't!

Um... no, thanks.

I said what I meant and I damn well meant what I said. Got a problem with that?

Tough.

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   
All any of us can do is to continue to live as we will and not as others would have us do.

That's the promise of America. That's the shining beacon - the promise of you being yourself and not who someone else says you must be.

So be yourself and live as you will, and continue to fight.

DO NOT LOVE BIG BROTHER.

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is a man with the strength and courage of his convictions.

Active duty Marine battalion commander is relieved of duties after posting furious video rant hammering senior leaders for not admitting 'we messed this up'

He knew the risk he was taking. He also knew the risk of doing NOTHING. He chose to fight the good fight.

I want to say this very strongly. I have been fighting for 17 years. I am willing to throw it all away to say to my senior leaders: I demand accountability.

I thought through, if I post this video, what might happen to me — especially if the video picks up traction, if I have the courage to post it. But I think what you believe in can only be defined by what you’re willing to risk. If I’m willing to risk my current battalion seat, my retirement, my family’s stability to say some of the things I want to say, I think it gives me some moral high ground to demand the same honesty, integrity, and accountability from my senior leaders.

America has many issues... but it's my home... it's where my three sons will become men. America is still the light shining in a fog of chaos. When my Marine Corps career comes to an end, I look forward to a new beginning. While my days of hand to hand violence may be ending... I see a new light on the horizon.

Good luck and Godspeed, Lt. Col. Scheller. Thank you for being a "shining light" for all of us.

More: Marine Battalion Commander Fired For Blasting Senior Military Leaders For Failures in Afghanistan that Resulted in 13 US Servicemen Dying (VIDEO)
edit on 27-8-2021 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Aug, 27 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You're right. Just living our truth, doing the right thing, doing what needs to be done, doing what can be done -- ALL are important and make the world a better place. And if that's all some can do, that's more than enough.

Some can can do more. Some will do more. Some will do what others cannot and will not.

Others will tear down, belittle, mock and denigrate those who can and will and DO.

We all have to decide who we will be and what we will and will not do.

<< 1   >>

join