It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point have we conquered Covid?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
One of the things that has frustrated me about the plandemic is the constant moving of the goal post and lack of context in regards to risk when concerning deaths / cases / hospitalizations.

More specifically, the question I am asking the forum is at what point do we accept Covid is here permanently and move on with our lives back to normal without face diapers and lockdowns? What level of risk is acceptable?

We take calculated risks in our lives daily. Tens of thousands of people die annually from car accidents. No one ever stops driving because they might die in a car accident because people have just learned to live with the risk.

I think it is unrealistic that we will ever get to zero deaths with Covid and just like the flu, case counts will always be high. So at what point, does the public say screw it and accept the risk? Businesses and society can't function with constant unpredictable lockdowns and quarantines.

I live in a very liberal community and the vast majority support masking kids in schools. However, when I point out that more kids aged 0-17 died of regular flu in the 2018-2019 flu season than did of Covid last year per the CDC, yet we didn't mask kids then so why now.... you get crickets. These same parents had no fear of their snowflake dying of flu in 2019 when nearly 500 died... but schools must be shut down for 350 covid deaths.

Make it make sense...

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Now. There are three vaccines. The pandemic is over. The scope of government in regards to the pandemic is over.

I’m so #ing sick of hearing about this #.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
When Bill Gates and Klaus Schwab tell us so. (font: sarcasm)

No. It's over when enough people stop going along with the nonsense. It will take sacrifice
edit on 26-8-2021 by shasta9600 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
When people stop being afraid of their mortality.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
One of the things that has frustrated me about the plandemic is the constant moving of the goal post and lack of context in regards to risk when concerning deaths / cases / hospitalizations.

More specifically, the question I am asking the forum is at what point do we accept Covid is here permanently and move on with our lives back to normal without face diapers and lockdowns? What level of risk is acceptable?

We take calculated risks in our lives daily. Tens of thousands of people die annually from car accidents. No one ever stops driving because they might die in a car accident because people have just learned to live with the risk.

I think it is unrealistic that we will ever get to zero deaths with Covid and just like the flu, case counts will always be high. So at what point, does the public say screw it and accept the risk? Businesses and society can't function with constant unpredictable lockdowns and quarantines.

I live in a very liberal community and the vast majority support masking kids in schools. However, when I point out that more kids aged 0-17 died of regular flu in the 2018-2019 flu season than did of Covid last year per the CDC, yet we didn't mask kids then so why now.... you get crickets. These same parents had no fear of their snowflake dying of flu in 2019 when nearly 500 died... but schools must be shut down for 350 covid deaths.

Make it make sense...

It looks to me like neither the infection itself nor any of the vaccines are currently good enough to effectively eradicate the virus the way polio was. That means we’re probably looking at the coronavirus becoming endemic the way seasonal flu is. That will happen when maybe 90% of the population has either been vaccinated or had the infection. With a little over 50% of the population vaccinated and maybe 25% recovered from the infection, we’re probably pretty close. Once we get past the peak that’s likely to come in December, we will probably be there. Then it will be like the seasonal flu—enough immunity floating around in the population to keep annual deaths in the few tens of thousands range.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I think it is unrealistic that we will ever get to zero deaths with Covid and just like the flu, case counts will always be high.

I thought I heard the Australian PM say that they wanted to get to zero cases to get out of lockdown? maybe I heard that wrong.

So are you asking when is governemnt going to give up on power grabs? why is T.S.A still a thing?

To answer your question seriously though, I think the only way this ends is by approaching this in a spritual nature. we have to get back to actually caring about one another. and not judgeing someone by if they have a mask on or they don't. We have to get out of our tribes.

I think once we are at spritual point of compassion for our people, then we can say no matter if you voted for Trump or Biden I am not going to treat you this way because its dehumanizing. NO matter if you got a vaccine or not I am not going to marginalize you because I care about you as a person. I think once we get back to some thing like that this will end.

If we say the words from Romeny Wordsworth from the Twilight zone episode "Obsolete man" " The state cannot deem me obsolete! I am a human being!" then maybe this will end.
edit on 26-8-2021 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

When people stop being afraid of their mortality.
a reply to: Nyiah

I dont know. humans have always been afraid of their own mortality right ,for the most part.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

When the media decides it's over.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Perhaps the more apropos question would be, At be what point will the "Covid" have conquered us?

Perhaps it already has.

edit on 2021 8 26 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If you vote... er... act right sometime after November 5, 2024??
edit on 8262021 by HairForceOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It's conquered when they removel the "temporary" toll roads in Illinois..
In other words, never.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Is not over until the fat lady of CDC and the mobsters in big pharma say soo

And if anybody think this corrupted entities have the people well being at hart, just remember who brought us the opioid crisis.

“Crime of the Century”: How Big Pharma Fueled the Opioid Crisis That Killed 500,000 and Counting

You had these terrible incentives, where the incentive is not to cure the patient. The incentive is to just make as much money as possible.”

www.democracynow.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: Edumakated

Make it make sense...

It looks to me like neither the infection itself nor any of the vaccines are currently good enough to effectively eradicate the virus the way polio was. That means we’re probably looking at the coronavirus becoming endemic the way seasonal flu is. That will happen when maybe 90% of the population has either been vaccinated or had the infection. With a little over 50% of the population vaccinated and maybe 25% recovered from the infection, we’re probably pretty close. Once we get past the peak that’s likely to come in December, we will probably be there. Then it will be like the seasonal flu—enough immunity floating around in the population to keep annual deaths in the few tens of thousands range.

In my town, about 80% of the adults have been vaccinated. They still want to mask kids for school which makes no sense to me.

First, we know kids are not a huge vector for spreading and kids are unlikely to get seriously ill from Covid. Even if you assume kids can spread, the vast majority of the town is already vaccinated so.... so who are the masks supposed to be protecting?

All these sheeple keep parroting is "kids hospitalizations have increased" and Delta variant. Yet, none of them seem to understand any increase is on an already miniscule number. Going from 1 out of 100,000 to 2 out of 100,000 is a 100% increase in cases! OMG, the sky is falling.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
there is little short of "actual" war that will stop the pandemic
because a pandemic is too profitable for those that generate revenue from government.
and by war, i mean the kind where everyone loses.
the kind of war where no one cares how sick you are, you will work.

as far as corona, that battle is over once you mentally defeat it.
that is different for everyone.
two people can experience the same kind of event and have polar opposite judgements.
some people are over it once they have it and recover
however, some of those people are more terrified of it after than before.

which are you? who knows? if you can't remember when you last saw a doctor you are probably the former.
If you have your doctor on speed dial and buy christmas presents for his kids, you are probably the later

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I saw a news story on ABC News that was covering the 90 million "eligible Americans" who have not yet gotten their shot and lamenting the perception that this summer isn't great and the masks and restrictions are coming back and ruining everyone's summer due to the unvaccinated. They also reported that 99.9 percent of hospitalizations are among the unvaccinated and that only 1% of people who have received the vaccine have gotten infected.

So I would say that things will have a chance of going back to normal once these 90 million Americans who are holding out get the shot. Otherwise the narrative will continue and I feel if the blame continues to be placed on the unvaccinated it may lead to issues of hate and discrimination against the unvaccinated similar to what we have seen throughout history with other marginalized groups. However I just wonder how many of these people are as convicted as I personally am, because I will never get this vaccine. Hopefully not very many of them and they mostly just line up and get it, blinded by propaganda. I mean, think about it, if the virus still spreads even after full vaccination, how exactly are the unvaccinated solely to blame?

Anyways, if most people that have not yet gotten the shot bow to pressure placed on them by society (jobs, events and venues they want to attend that require the vaccine) we should see the narrative begin to go away.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

Otherwise the narrative will continue and I feel if the blame continues to be placed on the unvaccinated it may lead to issues of hate and discrimination against the unvaccinated similar to what we have seen throughout history with other marginalized groups

Yeah I was going to mention this as I heard a couple of podcast talkers talking about the Ten stages of genocide and how we could be very close to that. Its kind of errie to look at and contrast and compare.

www.hmd.org.uk...

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

yeah I can count 3 right off the bat. Classification, Dehumanisation, Descrimination.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

That's because history repeats itself, Nazi Germany and the horrible treatment of the Jewish people can very easily become Americans next chapter in horror.

Because the new generations of hand me downs do not know that side of history as that is been scrapped from history classes due to liberalism and the dumbing of society.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm having an interesting time of it regards Covid. My seventeen year old grandson who lives with me tested positive yesterday and has some symptoms. His girlfriend who is here staying over has just tested positive but feels okay. I tested negative but have a headache, cough and cold shivers. None of us are vaccinated and although I suppose I'm at risk I'm truly not fussed.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

why is T.S.A still a thing?

Public Sector Unions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join