It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Doctors Walk Out of Hospitals in “Protest” of Unvaccinated People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Same here. I had it last year and felt like a bad flu for about 2 weeks. This was end of Jan 2020 before the test and shots came out. I am taking immune booster supplements and have back up if needed. Don't want any part of going to the hospital. It seems it varies from hospital to hospital what treatment they give you. I'm more afraid of the jab and hospital than the virus.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

originally posted by: Brotherman
Why would a doctor walk out in protest? It is confusing to me, if the doctor has the vaccination why would said doctor worry? Is it worry for other patients in the hospital? Is it some kind of principle type of thing? Is it news worthy propaganda stunt? I still don't know why people give to * about this at this point anymore.

Then again I did listen to that asshole biden fella talk about vaccines for polio and small pox today as justification for mandatory covid vaccines too, and I laughed at that because its strange.

What is the main purpose of a protest? Generally it's to bring attention and shows one displeasure. I can tell you our medical fields are very tired and most, not all, are getting fed up with seeing unvaxxed taking up ICU beds in something that can be prevented for most if they were vaxxed.

Before that is was people that didn't wear masks, then it was people against lockdowns, and after they get their vaccine wish at 100% it will go full circle and the vaccinated that don't wear masks will take the blame. A global pandemic of a novel respiratory illness is going to stress the medical system.

In no modern medical training does it say that it's okay to pin the problems of the medical world on people due to their personal medical decisions, nowhere. It specifically tells you NOT to do that. You can cheer this on now, when you support it. When they come for your steak or cigar or whatever little thing you do that isn't healthy you'll be screaming about authoritarians.

It is not a black and white issue, almost nothing ever is. When people say it is a black and white issue it's very easy to tell they are lying or not well-informed. I don't care what their background in medicine is. If they can't come up with any counterpoints to their position they are obviously not informed enough on the topic.

Things change, we have to adapt. We have never in our lifetimes been thru anything like this and some are going to fold, some are going to stay even quo and some will excel. I don't know these doctors situations, but it's fairly easy to see that they are just frustrated right now. I'm not condoning it but I can understand.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
So just a failed publicity stunt then.

What's your opinion on this if we look at the opposite side of the coin?

It raises a more complex issue but similar enough to include I think.

www.express.co.uk...

Sorry, I missed this one earlier boss.

I don't know the rules in Ireland, are all doctors required to offer all vaccinations? If not, I don't see why this would require suspending his license.

The article mentioned he refused to give a referral, but do you need one in Ireland to get vaccinated? I thought it was all under a big push there?

In the US I can't see them suspending a license for not administering the vaccine, they are not obligated to offer any. If the doctor worked for a practice and refused, then I could see terminating his employment. The legal battles would be over his belief that it violated his oath and since he's in a minority I believe he would lose.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Why would a doctor walk out in protest? It is confusing to me, if the doctor has the vaccination why would said doctor worry? Is it worry for other patients in the hospital? Is it some kind of principle type of thing? Is it news worthy propaganda stunt? I still don't know why people give to * about this at this point anymore.

Then again I did listen to that asshole biden fella talk about vaccines for polio and small pox today as justification for mandatory covid vaccines too, and I laughed at that because its strange.

What is the main purpose of a protest? Generally it's to bring attention and shows one displeasure. I can tell you our medical fields are very tired and most, not all, are getting fed up with seeing unvaxxed taking up ICU beds in something that can be prevented for most if they were vaxxed.

Before that is was people that didn't wear masks, then it was people against lockdowns, and after they get their vaccine wish at 100% it will go full circle and the vaccinated that don't wear masks will take the blame. A global pandemic of a novel respiratory illness is going to stress the medical system.

In no modern medical training does it say that it's okay to pin the problems of the medical world on people due to their personal medical decisions, nowhere. It specifically tells you NOT to do that. You can cheer this on now, when you support it. When they come for your steak or cigar or whatever little thing you do that isn't healthy you'll be screaming about authoritarians.

It is not a black and white issue, almost nothing ever is. When people say it is a black and white issue it's very easy to tell they are lying or not well-informed. I don't care what their background in medicine is. If they can't come up with any counterpoints to their position they are obviously not informed enough on the topic.

Things change, we have to adapt. We have never in our lifetimes been thru anything like this and some are going to fold, some are going to stay even quo and some will excel. I don't know these doctors situations, but it's fairly easy to see that they are just frustrated right now. I'm not condoning it but I can understand.

Consistently, over time, when we adapt principles to suit situation there are long-term consequences to society.

This pandemic has been made worse by the very agencies and people that are supposed to prevent panic and instill confidence.

CDC spokespeople crying on national television and doctors blaming patients does not instill confidence in me, not as a citizen or as a practitioner of public health.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

That's not a valid excuse, though.

Think of medical pros in general as Organic Mechanics, the people equivalent of a good auto mechanic.

In WHAT universe would it be acceptable for a vehicle mechanic to get picky over the vehicle's operation(s) that lands it in there more often? And in that vein, the same can and SHOULD be asked of doctors & nurses. They are mechanics, not proselytizers. They have a Mechanic's Job to do, and that's it. The job doesn't decide what the owner of the stuff needing repair does, and neither does the mechanic.

That seems to have been utterly lost in the ego fluffing.

You can't compare auto mechanics to doctors. Sorry, that is completely off base.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Think of medical pros in general as Organic Mechanics, the people equivalent of a good auto mechanic.

In WHAT universe would it be acceptable for a vehicle mechanic to get picky over the vehicle's operation(s) that lands it in there more often? And in that vein, the same can and SHOULD be asked of doctors & nurses. They are mechanics, not proselytizers. They have a Mechanic's Job to do, and that's it. The job doesn't decide what the owner of the stuff needing repair does, and neither does the mechanic.

You can't compare auto mechanics to doctors. Sorry, that is completely off base.

It's very valid. Explain why it is not, without using emotional excuses. Be logical about it, tugging heart strings has no place in the shop (of either kind)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Consistently, over time, when we adapt principles to suit situation there are long-term consequences to society.

This pandemic has been made worse by the very agencies and people that are supposed to prevent panic and instill confidence.

CDC spokespeople crying on national television and doctors blaming patients does not instill confidence in me, not as a citizen or as a practitioner of public health.

For sure, I definitely agree with this. We are about 18 months into this and we still have no clear picture. There are still confusion around certain policies. It was 100% flubbed by our leaders and they did fail in this aspect.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

For sure, I definitely agree with this. We are about 18 months into this and we still have no clear picture. There are still confusion around certain policies. It was 100% flubbed by our leaders and they did fail in this aspect.

This is progress. If you can accept they were wrong constantly up until now, the next step is realizing they might still be wrong now.

It's just a baby step, but it's an important one.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It's very valid. Explain why it is not, without using emotional excuses. Be logical about it, tugging heart strings has no place in the shop (of either kind)

It's not valid and I shouldn't have to explain why an auto mechanic and a doctor are different. Last I knew, vehicles do not pass along deadly virus to others.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

This is progress. If you can accept they were wrong constantly up until now, the next step is realizing they might still be wrong now.

It's just a baby step, but it's an important one.

No doubt, I've always considered myself to keep an open mind. I was very worried about the virus but also the vaccine. But with the people I know, I trust their advice and words 100%. Some are just colleagues but some are friends and while their vast knowledge is not in this territory necessarily, I know one thing is for sure, that they know more than I do.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

It's not valid and I shouldn't have to explain why an auto mechanic and a doctor are different. Last I knew, vehicles do not pass along deadly virus to others.

Mechanics don't swear an oath to uphold the rights of their clients, so in some ways the mechanics not crapping on people for bad car maintenance are far outperforming doctors that crap on their patients for bad body maintenance.

It's a medical choice. My household is an MD and a public health scientist, if we were up in the air on taking the shot personally there is no way a regular person won't feel bullied and shamed when medical providers do this kind of thing. It's unfair to an already frightened public to blame them.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

We are discussing maintenance & repair, not parts falling off in transit yet.

Let's get back on the topic, and stop shirking my question here.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Nah I'm done interacting with you. You like to belittle and talk down to people who disagree. Not my type of person.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

When I was in the ER with my shoulder injury the main hospital, I only seen 3 people complaining of covid symptoms, fever, body aches and pain and the cough, but all 3 claimed they were vaxed, the rest of the people in the waiting area were you regular cases, kidney stones, one guys with swelling in the face, me with shoulder injury, a baby with a bump in the head from a fall, ect.

Probably about 7 people in all and the 3 with covid, were send to another area. I spend about 4 hours waiting and that is all I seen.

Now when you hear the local news is about infections and positives, but nothing about deads.

edit on 24-8-2021 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Nah I'm done interacting with you. You like to belittle and talk down to people who disagree. Not my type of person.

In other words, you can't do it without relying on emotionally manipulating the listener throughout.

I did see that coming, which I why I preemptively said to avoid emotional manipulation/heart string tugs in the response. If you can't make a case without having to resort to that, your argument had no legs to stand on to begin with.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

In other words, you can't do it without relying on emotionally manipulating the listener throughout.

I did see that coming, which I why I preemptively said to avoid emotional manipulation/heart string tugs in the response. If you can't make a case without having to resort to that, your argument had no legs to stand on to begin with.

Brad is telling me that beneath the layers of bullying and woman hating, you are actually a very sensitive human being. He is showing me three letters, ST and D, I have no idea if they are initials or perhaps the name of a business. Do they mean anything to you?

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BarbaraTheEnlightened1

Brad is telling me that beneath the layers of bullying and woman hating, you are actually a very sensitive human being. He is showing me three letters, ST and D, I have no idea if they are initials or perhaps the name of a business. Do they mean anything to you?

That's the formerly laughed at initials for Star Trek: Discovery. they went with Disco for the shorthand, because it was less easy to cackle over.

Otherwise no, you're pulling random crap out your butt.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Apparently you have a very threatened ego too. Everybody knows why.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't.

Do tell sir.

a reply to: themightymerlin

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BarbaraTheEnlightened1

That's the formerly laughed at initials for Star Trek: Discovery. they went with Disco for the shorthand, because it was less easy to cackle over.

Otherwise no, you're pulling random crap out your butt.

Apology’s, I didn’t know, then I’ve never been a geek.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join