It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if people with just the common cold and Influenza are testing positive for Covid?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The common cold statistically is a pandemic.

In the course of a year, people in the U.S. suffer 1 billion colds, according to some estimates.

Every year, worldwide seasonal influenza causes an estimated 1 billion infections

Let's think about this, we know the testing was coming up with many false positives on those that were sick but what were they really sick from ?

Influenza A ?
Influenza B ?
Or one of of the 200 different varieties of the common cold ?

Since almost 1 billion annual infections of influenzas were totally wiped out, where did they all go ?

Would it not be possible to stage a pandemic on those three very popular sicknesses ?

This after a real disease escaped but was largely contained within China.
I am not saying covid19 doesn't exist but rather it was exploited way beyond it's real impact on the world through false positives and propaganda.
That is was no more than a yearly strain that goes around and kills people, like other years in the past.
The way co-morbidities are allowed to be reported from deaths in people also play a factor in pumping up the total numbers.
The example of a person 3 years into stage 4 pancreatic cancer that dies and also tested positive for covid 2 days before their death is a way to crank up the numbers but is super deceptive to people. About 10 million people die from cancer every year around the world just imagine if even 15% tested positive for covid when they died, 1.5 million people, see how easy it is to manipulate the numbers for those who get sick and/or die.

edit on 18-8-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

this is where misinformation comes from. Remember hearing how bad the tests were? Then remember hearing how great the tests were? We are told what we are supposed to hear, and anything contrary to that, is silenced, even if it's true.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Since corona virus belong to the group that bring us the blessing of the cold, if the PCR test amplifying the gene sequence looks for a sequence that a different virus has too, and that one was there, the test is positive.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
They ARE ✅

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
A PCR test amplifies a fragment of virus DNA. It can't amplify the common cold virus and then detect it of it's not geared up to detect the common cold.

It's possible that people have influenza and covid but it still won't detect influenza and show it as covid 19.

The new tests are now designed to test for covid and/or influenza in order to be able to establish which if any of the viruses are present in the sample.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Here's another question:

If influenza numbers are as low as they say, that would imply the mask mandates and social distancing worked for that, yet, apparently, those measure weren't very effective against the Vid.

Yet, they keep doubling down.

I wouldn't doubt if the test is just detecting ANY Corona Virus, no matter the viral load. It wouldn't work for Influenza or the others.
edit on 8/18/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Let's think about this, we know the testing was coming up with many false positives on those that were sick but what were they really sick from ?

You should also keep in mind that many of those 'False Positives' were asymptomatic, so they may not have actually been sick at all. It's hard telling how many of those there are/were.

It's crazy how so many people now seem to have forgotten about the ever common cold and Influenza.

I guess it's kinda like a magic trick really. It's all about distraction & misdirection. Get everybody looking over here, and they completely forget about looking at what is clear as day & has been directly in front of them the entire time.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

As was also reading about something called a "weak positive" from the test, and which they will count as a full a positive but does the person really have covid? Doesn't matter they are added to the statistics. Might be asymptomatic, they don't even feel sick. These are people tested that came into contact with other positive covid cases and were forced to be tested even thought they feel fine. Their immune system fights it off and they carry on.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The clinger is that you can still test positive 3 months possibly more after you’ve had the virus. So now how do you prove that you had the virus months ago if you didn’t have symptoms or remember being sick?

Say you are required a negative test or you can’t go back to work. Well you’ve just hosed your self for 14 days by taking that test, because you didn’t know you had the virus 3 months ago.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
A PCR test amplifies a fragment of virus DNA. It can't amplify the common cold virus and then detect it of it's not geared up to detect the common cold.

It's possible that people have influenza and covid but it still won't detect influenza and show it as covid 19.

The new tests are now designed to test for covid and/or influenza in order to be able to establish which if any of the viruses are present in the sample.

I think what the OP is saying is "what if the PCR test doesn't work the way it's supposed to?"

Look at it this way: We don't need to know how an iphone works to use it, we can clearly see it works in an expected and consistent manner. It does what pretty much everyone expects it to do and does that pretty much all the time.

However, when a PCR test is administered for Covid, it's NOT working in the expected and/or consistent manner, at least not according to how nearly every human being on Earth identifies illness. If, when someone has obvious symptoms of Covid, takes a test, and it usually but not always gives us a positive result, while on the other hand, when someone does NOT have obvious symptoms of Covid and it STILL is giving SOME people a positive result, it's natural to question whether or not the damn thing is working. Because the fact is that it's simply NOT working in an manner consistent with everything humans know about illness. So now folks are wondering how exactly this thing works, whether it works at all, etc.

I don't blame anyone from questioning it, to my eyes it doesn't seem to be working right either.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

what about the common cold?

eta:
the one that acts just like the delta variant

edit on 18-8-2021 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The common cold is just a catchall term used for many hundreds of different viruses including Corona viruses.

The covid 19 PRC tests are set to specifically identify covid 19, any other virus would he amplified in the cycle if present but the markers would not he able to detect them.

Imagine a spreadsheet for inventory and searching for aspecific product ID code. You would get a result for that exact product but if the same product was there in a different colour with a single digit different on the ID code it would not he shown in the results.

a reply to: network dude

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I mean they're not.

The test is specific to COVID-19.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I've heard the PCR test does not distinguish between the cold or Covid19. I've heard that they do not have a test for this as of yet.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Then you have heard wrong.

a reply to: TamtammyMacx

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
I've heard the PCR test does not distinguish between the cold or Covid19. I've heard that they do not have a test for this as of yet.

From who?

Like what source is feeding you this?

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Deja vu and blue follow meeeeee..

I was just asking my lil sis last night a lot of the questions you’ve written. Like get outta me head ..

My friend has covid but her symptoms are flu like. They only swabbed her nose and no blood work. I think she has the flu and got a false positive. But what do I know, I’m just this cat who loves blue and deja vu ..

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Thanks, so even though some forms of the cold virus are corona viruses, there is no chance they could be shown as a positive on the current testing for Covid 19?

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx

The PCR test is the very foundation of the entire Scamdemic.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
and so folks here understand, nonspecific works with covid tests as a daily job. Where I'd be careful of taking brain surgery advice from a proctologist, getting testing info from a guy who uses the tests in his daily job likely has some decent info. Plus he hasn't been known to peddle the bad kind of BS. In this conversation, he has clout. IMHO
edit on 18-8-2021 by network dude because: IMHO

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join