It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Terrible Thing to Waste

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It has been awhile since I have corrupted your minds here on ATS with some of the things I illustrate (very poorly) probably since 2016-2017, So I figured I would return to bleach your eyes and brains with something new. Before I really get into it I would like to explain a couple things,

Firstly, I am posting this in member art even though at first it is going to be very text heavy. What this is, is my written more or less rubric describing what I am drawing for my new comic. I am doing this because I would love to hear what you guys here at ats picture with the words and text and the direction this is headed. Soon enough it is going to be very illustration heavy with no text so that is why it is here.

Secondly, This is a sci fi / horror / mystery kind of piece of work. If you are easily offended by death, mutilation, swearing, sex, complex plot points, violence and people getting gacked up on woop chicken (drugs and alcohol) then this is not for you. I don't make super hero comics and nothing I usually illustrate in this fashion (sequential art) is a really good feel good type of thing.

So with all that chicken scratch out of the way here's the deal, if you want an idea of my art style look at my link nasty ass badger art or visit my profile and hit almost any other art thread I have created. I would like to discuss my written rubric of the first 3 pages of my prologue before I bleach your eyes with my illustrated story boards and some finished frames. I have described in another thread "Lets talk about anything but C" I am really on the end of a lot of things, I have explained U2U to other long time friends here my blight and troubles I am in I choose to go back to where I began so long ago, Art.

What I wish to understand before I post images is what an objective audience thinks about what is being created as it happens. I would greatly appreciate my friends here to input even if you guys tell me I suck and to get bent, I would still buy you a beer.

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Prolouge

Opening Page:
High contrast reverse highlight (white over black) full page Illustration
car wrecked into telephone pole headlights smashed out with rear brake lights on (in red) blood on
hood and remains of windshield (also red)

Page 1 Frame 1: (close in perspective)
A shadow of a disembodied hand is shown against the glow of a green digital alarm clock with the index and middle finger
moving towards the face of the clock. A static text bubble emerges from the clock (white back drop) with a bell with
2 paranthesis on either side and scratchy letters eminating from the top (in orange) "ernt ernt ernt.." the time is 6:15AM

Page 1 Frame 2: (farther away slightly overhead perspective)
(Unnamed main character of the prolouge) is shown sitting up in bed with the only light source being the green glow of the
alarm clock. His face and upper body, along with his bed sheets and partial pillow are lit by white and green on a black
back drop. The alarm clock has a text bubble going below the zoomed out clock partially obscuring the suggested imagry of
the rest of the bed saying:

"Good Morning America, Today is going to be a beautiful day we are going to have some really nice weather for this October
the 3rd all sunshine and a comfortable 62 degrees with no chance of rain and some nice breezes throughout the valley. As
you know the shortages of materials for our digital manufacturing are becoming harder and harder to obtain the government
as of yesterday has urged collectors of un needed computers, gamers, and office personell are being asked to donate any and
all un used computer and digital devices for recycling. Please call 1-800-get-fukt to find your closest donation drop off
location. In other news..."

Text bubble from unnamed
"not this # again."

Page 1 Frame 3:
Close up of plug and receptical getting the plug pulled with a blue spark

Page 1 Frame 4:
Unnamed standing up and walking to another room with a clear view of the clock with a black screen and a window with the
curtains slightly open allowing for some light to shine in.

Page 1 Frame 5:
Close up of hand turning on bathroom sink with the faucet in clear view with water and steam and unclear objects obscured
by the steam and the bottom end of the mirror. Text written in blue going from the faucet upwards to top of frame saying
"SSsshhhhhhhhhhh"

End of Page 1...

Page 2 Frame 1:
Large Image of a mountain range at night time with text going across the bottom saying "2100 undisclosed Afghanistan Russian coalition Outpost Alpha"
the undisclosed portion will look markered out as in redacted

Page 2 Frame 2:
Two soldiers zoomed out sitting in an armored personell carrier the driver and turret gunner are talking.
Soldier 1 in driver seat, "Pityr, its been months since an American advance why are we still here? We should be moving to the south where the action is eh?"

Soldier 2 on the Turret, " # if I know, if I sleep in these mines another week I might have to sneak out on patrol and at least get to sleep out of the wire on some
soft ground"

frame is to be showing the apc and the only visible soldier is the turret gunner

Page 2 Frame 3

Front view of stealth bomber in low orbit earth with text saying "FDC FDC Time on Target 2 mics.." this frame takes up the bottom half of the page.

End of Page 2...

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for here, but if it helps any, I'm intrigued enough that I wanna know whats on the next page.

Regarding the 'disembodied hand'. At first, I was picturing a severed hand, but now I'm thinking you just meant the arm was out of view and the hand was the only part visible in the frame?

I do have one suggestion solely for the purpose of this Thread: Maybe it would be easier to just refer to the unnamed character as UC or U.C. (or maybe even UnC or Unch)? idk. just a thought.

I would remove the "are being asked".
"has urged" pretty much takes care of it.
"the government as of yesterday has urged collectors of un needed computers, gamers, and office personell are being asked to donate...."

and a couple things even less relevant to the comic: about the link in your signature, you gotta use a lower case [ b ]
But the link is already bold, so it doesn't actually make it any bolder. It will just make it white instead of light blue.

and lol @ "people getting gacked up on woop chicken"
Never heard that one before but I kinda like it....

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I had messaged you but don’t know if you got it. Just trying to reconnect but understand if you don’t want to or don’t have time to or can’t remember our brief encounter .. I do remember .. just *waving hi*

I’m digging what I’ve read so far. I got distracted cause I’m me. But I’m gonna put on classical and read it. I swear lately when I don’t have music on, my thoughts take over.
It’s nice to see you are still creating and I think it’s awesome.

The visuals you’ve provided are on point and I see it

So I finished cause I focused and I didn’t need classical! Just the tunes that were already in fit nicely.
I’d really like to see this drawn out. Enjoyed it so far
edit on 5-8-2021 by CrazyBlueCat because: Added

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyBlueCat

I responded to you awhile ago. Good to see you back. And thank you

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Well dang, I never got it ! I’m gonna go check now
Eta- I never got a message back. It must’ve gotten lost in a glitch. I know ats has been glitching on my end. It’s all good.

Good to be back, nice to see you and read your work

edit on 5-8-2021 by CrazyBlueCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   
End of Page 2...

Page 3 Frame 1:

Opening frame brings us back to the apartment of "UNC"

UNC face is shown in full the first time in the bathroom shaving his face in the mirror with chin up with half his face shaved. In the mirror you can see his cell phone
sitting on a window sill behind him with jagged text coming up from it going from big to small letters "ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz"
UNC has a thought bubble "Who the hell is calling me at this hour?"

Page 3 Frame 2:
A service member stands on a mountainous peak during an epic sunset with a satellite phone in hand weapon slung across his back facing away into the valley. There is
text coming from the satellite phone going down towards the ground "Hey guys its Kaine, I can't get to my phone at the moment leave a message or shoot me a text and
I'll get back to you. Later."
He has a text bubble coming over his right side going to the left side of frame and up "Hey bro, still on mission I don't have long. I told the Colonel todays your
big graduation day and he gave me a few minutes to call. Well anyways congrats bro who would've thought I'd be doing this and you were going to get your major in
Math? Anyways I will talk to you again soon I miss you can't wait to get back stateside and have some beers like old times. I got to go."

Page 3 Frame 3:

Maontage shot split into three sections showing "Kaine" finishing his shave with another line of text bisecting the montage "ZZZZZzzzzzz"

Page 3 Frame 4:

Zoomed out shot of Kaine in a towel reaching for his phone. "Hello. Oh Morning mom I'm in the bathroom getting ready, I just missed a call a second ago was that you?
Oh Ok Mom I'll be ready in an hour or so, meet you there Love you tell dad to get the beers ready, he's going to regret offering to buy =D"

Thought bubble comes from the opposite side "Who was it that left the message now? Damn must be Haydin with that number, #"

End of page 3...

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Hey bro watch this for the inside scoop on Woop Chicken

I didn't want to embed the video but I think you are going to absolutely love this.

ask mama if I can also have some of momma white crunch crunch

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyBlueCat

u2u

And fairly soon I am going to have some images uploaded not tonight probably next week. Things have been slow and is very hot in my paint space, Everything I do is by hand no digital manipulation. The oil is seperating from my paint and I cant keep my gesso in one single mass, so hot it splits into 3 layers in the jar like a science project.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Old school ATS Grand daddy posted thread

Anyone interested with what is going to happen written and visually I am posting this link to see where I started and am coming from. I don't really need stars or flags not the point of this. I want you guys to see my growth over all these years as your trash can rummaging badger.

What I do next with my hands I really hope to give at least one person something inspiring. Anyone here not familiar with what I used to do I believe is kind of important for context and a good recap till I get the new pages illustrated put together for you guys.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I actually think I've seen that SNL clip before, but obviously had forgotten it. I mainly just remembered the Aaron Paul part at the end.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

My favorite part is when he talks to his tooth

top topics

join