It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Everett Washington, homeless camps are OK, lemonade stands are illegal.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My relatives in Everett told me about this last night. Just another example of the great societal breakdown.
Everett is a city about 20 miles north of Seattle. My relatives have been there for decades.
A little neighbor girl, Elsa, has set up a lemonade stand in a local park a couple of times over the last year or two. The other day, a local Karen complained to the city, and the lemonade stand was shut down. Elsa refers to the mean neighbor as "the wicked witch".

The city stated the reason for the shutdown was because the park is on public land. There are homeless camps all over Everett, on public, city, and federal property. My cousin said he saw a homeless person come out of a camp, and then walk down the alley. No big deal, except for the fact that he was carrying a large sword!

While the KING 5 reporter was talking to Elsa, a naked homelesss man came strolling out of a wooded area near the park.

Here's the news clip.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I get "access denied" on that link but that is pure insanity of course but i am also not surprised anymore. Good is bad and bad is good now and it seems to be getting worse.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

I get "access denied" on that link but that is pure insanity of course but i am also not surprised anymore. Good is bad and bad is good now and it seems to be getting worse.

I'm sure It's just a browser glitch. It's a link to KING 5 Seattle News. You should look it up. It's a good news story. Elsa is a sweet, funny kid. When she has her lemonade stand, she would give half the proceeds to a local homeless shelter and use the rest to buy more treats for future stands and tea parties.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
That "ocular rectitis" is getting to be over-powering.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Ya know those homeless in the park have their own 'sales stands' going on in that park. That's the thing with Karens and those special kind of self-righteous assholes who feel the need to police what other people do, they only pick on people who aren't tougher than them.

I've never understood the kind of person that sees a child selling lemonade and thinks anything other than, damn, i kinda want some lemonade. It makes me happy to.see kids doing stuff like that instead of just sitting on their ass playing video games or something.

I'll never understand the levels of pettiness it must take to call the cops on a kid selling lemonade.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Wish my town was mean to kids and let adults roam around naked.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Apparently you need to move to Everett.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Apparently you need to move to Everett.

I'm already there. Didn't you see me in the video?

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think she should be able to have her lemonade stand; and have fun with it; however those innocent days are gone right now; that naked man proves that.

In Seattle recently a female defense attorney went into the women's bathroom at the courthouse and a man appeared out of a stall and tried to rape her; he was caught before he could succeed and is in jail now; he is homeless and there is a homeless camp next to the courthouse in a park.

(We the normal people) have to watch our backs and our children's backs 24/7[

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alexandrae
in Seattle there's a homeless camp next to everything now

School playgrounds, parks, closed down business storefronts. My local store at the bottom of the hill is surrounded by busted down RVs and feces covered sidewalks

great place to raise kids!

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

It is so sad to view...there are so many places in Seattle that you want to pass by on a bus or a car and keep moving. There are stores in those neighborhoods that are losing business because of those encampments.

edit on pmSundayAmerica/Chicagoxpm801Sun, 01 Aug 2021 13:11:06 -0500pmAmerica/Chicago by alexandrae because: correct spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Now that you mention it, I did get this strange unholy, evil vibe from the naked dude prowling behind the little girl. Makes sense now.
edit on 1/8/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I lived there for about a year or two, called it Ever-rot. The only place I've been to in America that I wouldn't go back to if you paid me and that was nearly 20 years ago. I actually enlisted in the military to get out of there and I wasn't even from there!

new topics

top topics

join