It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Anomalies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This is a very interesting article that discusses phenomena that apparently exist, but that don't make sense at all according to current theory. They discuss subjects from the placebo effect, to tetraneurons, to dark matter and energy to cold fusion.. check it out.

13 things that do not make sense

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just read it, great article and excellent stuff to think about...the stuff I understand that is.

Not quite sure how I'm going to slide the Greisen-Zatsepin-Kuzmin limit into conversation but I'm gonna give it a shot.

Good eye.

Spiderj

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Interesting article, I am hoping for cold fusion to become a reality but who knows? It will only solve all our energy needs for an indefinite length of time.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Great read!

I like the on the Kuiper cliff, and especially the one about about the Pioneer anomaly... I posted once on that subject, but then I'm not sure it's here... So long ago!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You know Bandit, you are quire an interesting person.
I always love to read your posts. I find what you present exciting.
I've purchaced books you've mentioned and enjoy learning new sites ect. from you.
I just think with all the nasty stuff that shows up on board sometimes
it makes sense to honestly praise someone when you enjoy them.

I like you!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well thank you for that link Bandit, that was a most interesting read!

Now I must take a nap for my brain is to full.........but its all good.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just kidding Bandit, it was an interesting article. I just wish NS wasn't so scarce on the nitty gritty details as that is the stuff I drink by the gallon. Most of the stuff I already knew about except the thing about the Tetraneutrino, weird.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the link bandit. That was most definitely interesting. I hope research on those things continue, and maybe some answers are found. That whole cold fusion thing sure would do a lot for us...

pao

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
good read

i like to read about this kind of stuff

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Interesting point about microwave background radiation.

If you used a thermometre to measure the temperatur, even if you swivelled it 360 degrees on all axis, you will still only measure the temperature of the air immediately surrounding the tool that you using.

So, how can they measure the temp across the whole universe? Are they not just measuring the temp in the immediate local vicinity, which is giving them the uniform appearance?

Food for thought...........

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
No, they can measure the temperature of almost anything by analysing the spectrum it gives off, each element is different, the techique is called spectral broadening.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

No, they can measure the temperature of almost anything by analysing the spectrum it gives off, each element is different, the techique is called spectral broadening.

I am aware of that. However, that may work when looking at a star for example, but when measuring background radiation (ie: measuring temperature of space, which is a near vacuum), how do they know where it is coming from? How do they know it is from 14 billion ly away? How can they measure the temp of something 14 billion ly away? Surely, that far way, it won't be the same now as when the light was given off.

top topics

join