It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the Big Deal About a Vaccine Passport?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: tanstaafl

Did you get vaccinated as a requirement when you got your passport?

Hell no, vaccinations never ever came up.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
It's sensible for international travel yes.

Bear in mind that works both ways.

Do you really want a world where anyone from any country can come visit the US with any disease or virus that could be transmitted to the population?

It's not a new thing.

a reply to: MykeNukem

The last time that I renewed my visa I had to have proof that I'd had about a dozen different kinds of shot, and that I didn't have certain communicable or sexually transmitted diseases. I needed about a dozen different documents that I had to get from several different places.

It was a pain but I understand why I had these requirements because nobody wanted me bringing TB or measles or herpes into the country.

Having a single passport style document that they could just use would have been so much easier.

I'd like to see things like vaccine history included on your regular passport and checked whenever you cross a border just like the way that your ID is checked. We don't want people bringing any diseases into any country.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The amount of ignorance here sometimes is amazing.

As the title says "What is the Big Deal About a Vaccine Passport?"

1982 I enlisted in the Navy. Part of Boot Camp was getting a bunch of vaccines. We got so many that their side effects made us sick. It was called "Recruit Crud". When I got out of Boot Camp I was given a small yellow booklet that showed which vaccines I had received. I was told to put it some place safe, because if I wanted to get a passport and didn't have the booklet, I would probably have to get several of those vaccines again. A few years after I got out, I did need to get a passport and that booklet came in handy.

When you request a visa to visit another country, you have to meet that Country's requirements. Some of those requirements are proof of certain vaccinations. This has been going on for decades.

Now people are freaking out because about proving you have been vaccinated for COVID before you can travel. I have not heard one thing about requiring proof for travel inside the US. I'm 100% against that. To travel to other countries is a different issue. That has been going on for a long time.

The main thing is not the passport itself but what it represents and even more so that its the first step of any to come.

The frog in the pot....

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I've been to Europe.
I wasn't thrilled enough to want to return there.

Fascinating country isn't it!

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

The non vacianted are not any more risk to anyone. Why should they be singled out?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
You don't see a problem mandating a document that proves you're taking part in a medical study group?

I . . . .don't really know what to tell you.

Also, why not put EVERY illness/vaccine on the pass? 0.03% fatality rate isn't enough. Let's add diabetes and cancer too, maybe the flu and colds....

People who can convince you of absurdities will ask you to commit atrocities, do not believe them.

Switch to decaf.

Funny how people take things to extremes. If you don't want it, don't get it. I have no problem with that. All I'm stating is that vaccination requirements for international travel have existed for years.

The "medical study" bit cracks me up. Do you take drugs that your Doctor proscribes for you? Do you try new products when they come on the market? Life these days is a "medical study".

I've been involved in a few "medical studies" both voluntary and involuntary. I can still walk because a voluntary one. One of the involuntary ones involved being on an aircraft carrier, getting a series of skin tests and a "Yellow Fever" vaccination.
The only "problem" is that I had a Yellow Fever vaccination three years previously. It was in that yellow booklet. a Yellow Fever vaccination is good for 10 years, it had been only 3 since I got it.
I don’t think you understand the gravity of this situation. Bend over and get your jab, but don’t expect everyone else to follow suit.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Its not the idea of having proof of vaccination that is the problem. Its being forced to get vaccinated or else. Like most other things, this will start off based, loosely, on something safety related. It will soon morph into something much more invasive and disenfranchising. Maybe something like needing to prove you are vaccinated to go shopping, access your bank account, leave your home, etc.

Ours is a government that firmly believes the worst thing to waste is a good disaster, doubly so with democrats in charge. Every aspect of a disaster is viewed as a potential cash/power grab. If you think this administration has not looked at ways to benefit from this so-called pandemic you are sadly mistaken.

Oh, BTW, recruit-crud was not reaction to the vaccines, though that did make some guys feel like crap, er, crud. Recruit crud was the result of people from all over the country forced into close quarters for a few months. We all have immunity to our local variety bugs, but not to those from other locations. That is why people frequently get sick on vacation or shortly thereafter. All those bugs from wherever get together and form a nice little stew that few have immunity to. For most the effects are minimal but for some it can be a real problem.
edit on 30-7-2021 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Do you always try to take threads this far off track? No one cares about this stupid little squabble.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

The non vacianted are not any more risk to anyone. Why should they be singled out?

Good point. Look at that plane full of democrats from Texas who fled to avoid doing their job. All fully vaccinated and most if not all got covid. Obviously being fully vaccinated does not prevent someone from contracting or spreading the disease. So why attack people for not being vaccinated?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Can you just ignore him going forward. No one cares about this childish back and forth.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A passport is an official governmental document that contains a given person's identity. It helps its holder travel under its protection to and from foreign countries. The document certifies the personal identity and nationality of its holder.

An immunization record is a comprehensive timeline of all vaccinations a patient has received.

An immunization record is not required to obtain a passport.

The idea of a vaccine passport is an earworm that conflates the purpose of two functionally different documents - the passport and the immunization record. A logical extension would be that the vaccine is a requirement for citizenship.

So what about the illegal alien who has neither passport nor immunization record.
The issuance of the vaccine passport would provide substantial certification of citizenship.

The vaccine passport would also be used to prevent those without from any commercial activity.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

They shouldn't be singled out. It's quickly becoming clear that the vaccines are leaky and don't prevent infection, only reduce symptons.

If vaccines don't prevent infection, they actually promote mutation, as the virus is able to survive longer in a vaccinated person's system. These mutated strains are then able to infect new hosts.

The mass vaccination effort is gonna backfire bad. Turns out these vaccines are similar to flu shots. Only people who are in the at-risk crowd should be encouraged to get them, all others should not be pressured at all.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
It is worth noting that most people took shots before vacations to satisfy insurance companies.

I'm curious - at what point would that question even come up?

I mean... do you actually call and talk to your insurance agent before going on a vacation?

That question would come up if you caught Malaria for example.

The first question an insurance company would ask you is if you had a malaria shot before visiting India.

No jab, no insurance coverage.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   

As the title says "What is the Big Deal About a Vaccine Passport?"

1982 I enlisted in the Navy. Part of Boot Camp was getting a bunch of vaccines. We got so many that their side effects made us sick. It was called "Recruit Crud". When I got out of Boot Camp I was given a small yellow booklet that showed which vaccines I had received.

When you request a visa to visit another country, you have to meet that Country's requirements. Some of those requirements are proof of certain vaccinations. This has been going on for decades.

Now people are freaking out because about proving you have been vaccinated for COVID before you can travel. I have not heard one thing about requiring proof for travel inside the US. I'm 100% against that. To travel to other countries is a different issue. That has been going on for a long time.

I thank you for your service. I truly do. And I know that you don't understand what the big deal is because you as an adult signed up for the military, which meant being conditioned to NOT think like a civilian.

So like most soldiers, you signed up to be a vaccine guinea pig, which made you sick. And you stuck it out for your country.

This Covid vaccine is not a safe vaccine. Safe vaccines can be given to children or children are required to get them. For example MMR, Measles, Mumps Rubella vaccine. Children are injected with a dead form of measles, mumps and rubella so their little bodies can build up immunity. It is considered "safe" because it is a DEAD VIRUS vaccine (however some of the additives to the vaccine can be dangerous and those additives have changed over the years).

Children are not allowed to get Covid vaccine because it is too dangerous for them. The additive to the Covid vaccine is graphene. Graphene is a material made from carbon nanotubes, stronger and harder than diamonds. Graphene is stronger than steel. And graphene is used to make bulletproof vests. Yet the Covid vaccine has graphene in it. Do you really want a substance used to make bulletproof vests, harder than a diamond, injected into your body circulating thru your blood?

It's not like graphene offers a bulletproof shield to Covid. So why inject it into people? Hence the side effects. The other side effects too dangerous for children in the vaccine is the Covid spike protein which can linger in the body for months causing havoc.

So if the vaccine is too dangerous for children, then why do they keep shoving it down adults throats to get it? Realistically, it's ALL ABOUT PROFITS FOR THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY because they got the president to sign a waiver saying they couldn't be sued for side effects.

Now the main difference between you and other soldiers versus the civilian population is that you volunteered to be a vaccine guinea pig as a patriotic duty to your country. And I thank you for your service and your bravery.

But the civilians aren't volunteers. They are being coerced to get the vaccine. Civilians are being threatened to get the vaccine. Civilians are being lied to to coerce them into vaccination. Most common reason is that they tell parents to get vaccinated for "the protection" of their children who can't get vaccinated. That's a lie. Because vaccinated parents can catch Covid and they are spreading it to their unvaccinated children. Then their children end up in the hospital.

So I ask you, when you volunteered for the military, to serve your country is this what you signed up for? Pharmaceutical companies lining the pockets of politicians and the media for the coercion of vaccines on civilians? Is that the kind of country you wanted to serve?

Or did you want to serve a country that gave freedom, no matter how diverse that freedom, even if that freedom wasn't your personal choice?
Do you understand that? The beauty of the diversity of choices.

Just a side note. A lot of these countries requiring a Covid vaccine passport refuse the vaccines in the United States. So for the sake of international travel it is pointless to get a US vaccine when many countries, especially in Europe, won't acknowledge the US Covid vaccines.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The problem with the idea is that it would require the use of law enforcement enforcing such a mandate that is happening already in France.

On twitter i saw clips of officers scanning people's mobile devices to make sure they fully vaccinated. How is that ok and freedom?

Imagine going this far with this.
This is not going to help businesses.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join