It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joey Jordison, former Slipknot drummer, dies at 46

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 06:27 PM
link   
For those of you on ATS that enjoy metal some sad news is breaking..

"Joey Jordison, a founder of the heavy metal band Slipknot, has died, his family announced in a statement provided Tuesday to CNN.
He was 46."

Not much else is out there right now but will update if more comes out.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I had a friend in high school that loved them. He had us do a cover of duality at a battle of the bands.

All that is born must die. I am sure he will be missed.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Noooooooooooooooooo!
What a loss. Neil Peart (who also died recently) considered by many as the greatest drummer, said Joey could do things with his feet that other drummers strive to do with their hands.
He is a legend on the drums.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Not familiar with the youngish guy but wanted to offer that his unfortunate death was likely vax related...

until I realized he was a drummer.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
10 Times Joey Jordison Was the Best Drummer on Earth''

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

that his unfortunate death was likely vax related..

He had drug problems and a rare nervous system disease according to the article. I'd say probably not in this case.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Damn this is terrible news.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, a cause of death has still not been released, but his family did say that he died "peacefully in his sleep."

Joey Jordison, Slipknot’s founding drummer and co-writer of many of their biggest hits, died on Monday at the age of 46. A rep for his family said he died “peacefully in his sleep” but did not specify a cause of death.

“Joey’s death has left us with empty hearts and feelings of indescribable sorrow,” reads a statement from Jordison’s family. “To those that knew Joey, understood his quick wit, his gentle personality, giant heart, and his love for all things family and music. The family of Joey have asked that friends, fans, and media understandably respect our need for privacy and peace at this incredibly difficult time.” The family intends to hold a private funeral service.

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   
RIP to an absolute legend!!

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Sad day.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Bummer. Another rock legend gone, and way too young.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Wow, he was young. I wonder what the cause of death was.

In any case, an amazing drummer and I'm sure he will be missed by many.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

This was the latest little tidbit.

I've never heard drums like this. NEIL was a god send. But Jordy, you completed It. That quadruple tap was EX Speedy Ent.

Rest In peace Jordy.. I know you had prior issues.

Thanks for the taco when my bank card declined👏👏

Edit: PAUl! Long gone but not we will not forget the other left handed bassist. 👍🏼👏👏👏

What a class act he ways.

edit on 28-7-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Oh good grief, really?

Someone with a known and debilitating medical issue dies and on a thread about his passing you choose to dump some cheap vaccine heat?

That's bad form of the highest order there my good man.

a reply to: Baddogma

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 03:16 AM
link   
He had something similar to ms I think but given he's a rockstar type that may or may not have been the reason.

a reply to: Night Star

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I know, I know...

I'm aware of Jordy's other health issues since awhile now as so many normal people do.

Depending on your style of music. Go back and pick up a tape/cd/internet or in my case a vhr... listen to what he did for himself and presented it to ALL THE WORLD STAGE.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I only saw slipknot play once but I've seen Joey play twice.

I was at a festival here in the UK where slipknot and mettalica were both on the lineup.

Lars got into a fight with Kirk and busted his hand and couldn't play and mettalica were the headline act.

Joey and a couple of other drummers spent a few hours backstage with the band and filled in for him so I got to see Joey playing drums for mettalica!

a reply to: Bigburgh

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I've seen Slipknot twice. The first time was at Ozzfest. I had never listened to them before that show, but that's all it took to become a fan. It never rained, but there was lightning in the background a few miles away during their entire set. It sure seemed like it was part of the act. It was a helluva show.

But the real reason for this comment is because I wanna hear more about this taco thing you mentioned earlier??

and also to say: I think you meant VHS? (but I could be wrong on that)

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Ok, that's a real cool rock n roll moment there. A once in a lifetime event. Not unlike this one which also involves Metallica but for a different reason. I was there for this one, luckily or unluckily, you can decide. A riot just so happened to break out when Metallica hit the stage and it was a fiasco. This is the part where they turned off the power which was not a smart move. The whole show is up also and the band was really on fire that day, they really brought it. This was before they turned into wimps with that Enter Sandman crappy black album.

new topics

top topics

join