It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How unique Oregon law prevents COVID-19 vaccine mandates for health care workers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well, how about that. I bet the politicians in Salem and the vaccination nazis are fuming over this.

In Oregon, health care workers cannot be forced to get vaccinated because of a 32 year old law that prohibits it. Healthcare workers are the only ones protected under the law, too. People in any other profession have no protection from forced vaccination in Oregon.

I don't believe anyone should be forced to get vaccinated, so I applaud this law.

How Unique Oregon law prevents vaccine mandates

Oregon appears to be the only state in the country that explicitly prohibits health care organizations from mandating vaccinations for workers.

Employers for nearly every other profession in Oregon can require vaccines among staff. In some states, health care staff are among the few groups specifically targeted for mandatory vaccinations.

The link below shows that healthcare workers are still getting vaccinated at a higher rate than the general population.
public.tableau.com... take/Dash-Overview?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
edit on 19 7 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Very interesting.

The Dems in Oregon will be stumbling over each other trying to repeal this good law.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
No one is "forced" to get a vax.your job may require it, but no one is forced to work at any job. This is the US.don't like the job, quit.

Or do you admit to being wages slaves?

I have to wear a suit and tie at work. Part of the job. If I don't want to I can quit or get fired.

Show me where a US citizen (outside the military, for which they signed a contract) is forced to do anything.

Hyperbolic to the extreme? Is this how you choose to discuss, by lying?

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Lol

Oregon of all places!

link   
a reply to: Havamal

It's all a matter of how you look at it. I view having to choose between your job or no jab as being forced.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know it shocked me.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well see, that's funny, I look at a bakery as a place that bakes cakes for everyone. I guess we are both wrong then.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Havamal
No one is "forced" to get a vax.your job may require it, but no one is forced to work at any job. This is the US.don't like the job, quit.

I have to wear a suit and tie at work. Part of the job. If I don't want to I can quit or get fired.

Show me where a US citizen (outside the military, for which they signed a contract) is forced to do anything.

Try this, replace the word "forced" with "required" then try to say something about the actual topic instead of the choice of words.

Without being so hyperbolic.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That's interesting but I wonder what the level of hesitancy is amongst medical professionals?

I'd have thought it would be quite low compared to the general population.

originally posted by: tamusan
Well, how about that. I bet the politicians in Salem and the vaccination nazis are fuming over this.

In Oregon, health care workers cannot be forced to get vaccinated because of a 32 year old law that prohibits it. Healthcare workers are the only ones protected under the law, too. People in any other profession have no protection from forced vaccination in Oregon.

I don't believe anyone should be forced to get vaccinated, so I applaud this law.

How Unique Oregon law prevents vaccine mandates

Oregon appears to be the only state in the country that explicitly prohibits health care organizations from mandating vaccinations for workers.

Employers for nearly every other profession in Oregon can require vaccines among staff. In some states, health care staff are among the few groups specifically targeted for mandatory vaccinations.

The link below shows that healthcare workers are still getting vaccinated at a higher rate than the general population.
public.tableau.com... take/Dash-Overview?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Havamal

So needing the jab to hold a job is not coercion?

You seem to have rationalized coercion by employers, given the dangers of the injections.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

The OP had a link at the bottom that shows healthcare workers, in Oregon, are being vaccinated at a higher rate than the general population.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
My bad, missed that.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite
There is a workaround to that. the bakers could make a book showing the kinds of cakes they make and say they don't make custom cakes.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Let them eat cake seems to be a prevailing attitude among a few members.

Goes to show how quickly jailers, when given a small amount of power, will revel in and abuse it.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

So, when this hits all the grocery stores, and no one is allowed to come in without the vaccine card...are you saying that people have the choice to just quit eating food? Asking for a friend...

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think that "forced" and required are different words. I was required to have a certain degree to get my current job. What the he'll is "you will be forced to get a masters degree" before getting a job?

Forced means forced, as in no choice. Forced to go to jail. Forced to complly with police officer's command. Forced to release hostage.

It means use of force.

Required: you are required to wear this for uniform when working at McDonald. You are required to have a BS in engineering to work this position. You are required to have a background check, and pass a drug test.

Forced and required are two separate things. Forced means "by force," required is an element of eligibility.
edit on 19-7-2021 by Havamal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm not saying it's right but don't you guys have supermarket delivery mover there?

originally posted by: TruthJava

So, when this hits all the grocery stores, and no one is allowed to come in without the vaccine card...are you saying that people have the choice to just quit eating food? Asking for a friend...

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I had to reply to you twice. So, you are saying just go to another job? which one would that be? ALL JOBS will be that way and have the same requirements, so which job would you recommend?

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I'm not saying it's right but don't you guys have supermarket delivery mover there?

Hyperbolic nonsense - yup you are going to starve.

More like get covid delta and get very sick or die.
edit on 19-7-2021 by Havamal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

no

edit on 19-7-2021 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join