It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2 Could Have Been Named Cafe Delirium [CD2021]. --non.writer--

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Cafe Delirium had just finished a gig at DCU, Dublin City University. The crowd loved it screaming for more. As they were coming off stage they noticed their manager Denis was playing rock, paper, scissors with Bono. Bono was the lead singer of a new group U2. Future, the lead singer of Cafe Delirium hated Bono. He called him No-nob. They both went to the same college and they both started their groups in college.
Future, real name Chris Mackintosh, was a new romantic. His influence were groups like Soft Cell, The Human League, Depeche Mode.
Bono was more of a rocker and Future hated the name of their group as much as he hated Bono.
As they got back into their changing room Denis entered just after them. "Denis why were you playing rock, paper, scissors with No-nob?"
Look Future Denis replied. "i know you dont like him so i didnt say anything" "he came to me asking would we let them have the name Cafe Delirium. He said he loved it and it would be a perfect name for them. He also said he'd put 10 grand on the table for us if we did." "i didnt know what to do so i said we'll play rock, paper, scissors for it, so we did. We could really do with the money and sure we'll pick another name"
Future's face dropped. "You freakin' kidding me? We are Cafe Delirium, U2 is a stupid name for a group and No-nob knows it."
"Relax man" Denis said. "I won"
edit on Sun Jul 18 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Nice,
I like it

No-nob-hahaha

Now just put the end at the end and it’s complete

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That was one way to work the "Cafe Delirium" into a story and it worked very well IMO ! I would have never thought of that..!
edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

No-nob.

Lmao.

new topics

top topics

join