It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surgeon general warns misinformation an 'urgent threat' to public health

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So apparently in his first official advisory under the Biden administration, the Surgeon General has deemed 'misinformation' as the most critical threat to the American public.

Dr. Vivek Murthy's advisory -- the first under the Biden administration -- addresses an epidemic of misinformation and disinformation, and its pernicious impact on public health -- specifically threatening the U.S. response to COVID-19. It frames misinformation as having hindered vaccination efforts, sown mistrust, caused people to reject public health measures, use unproven treatments, prolonged the pandemic and put lives at risk.

One thing I've noticed, anytime there is mention of misinformation, they never seem to address the fact that the official advisories have changed so many times over the past year or so. Didn't much of the alleged misinformation originate with 'them' constantly changing their minds on what is 'best' for the people to do?

Of course, the finger is pointed towards Republicans, and also since this is 2021 after all, we can't forget to mention racism....

The decision to elevate this issue in his first official advisory comes as some Republicans have used the government's coronavirus response and vaccine messaging as a political wedge.

While Murthy doesn't call out by name any of the Republican elected officials who have criticized a distorted interpretation of Biden administration's vaccine push, he does suggest accountable "stakeholders" in the fight against misinformation include public officeholders as important public messengers.

"Misinformation tends to flourish in environments of significant societal division, animosity, and distrust," the advisory says. "Distrust of the health care system due to experiences with racism and other inequities may make it easier for misinformation to spread in some communities. Growing polarization, including in the political sphere, may also contribute to the spread of misinformation."

Mr. Surgeon General also believes that Social Media has not done enough censoring. They need to pick it up a bit.

The advisory also digs into social media platforms as having greatly contributed to the "unprecedented speed and scale" of misinformation's spread and Murthy calls on technology and social media companies to "take more responsibility to stop online spread of health misinformation."

"Health misinformation is an urgent threat to public health. It can cause confusion, sow mistrust, and undermine public health efforts, including our ongoing work to end the COVID-19 pandemic," Murthy said in a statement. "As Surgeon General, my job is to help people stay safe and healthy, and without limiting the spread of health misinformation, American lives are at risk ... tackling this challenge will require an all-of-society approach, but it is critical for the long-term health of our nation."

He then goes on to lay out detailed instructions for what various groups should be doing to help slow down this flood of alleged misinformation.

The advisory lays out how to better identify and avoid sharing health misinformation, engage with the community on the issue and develop local strategies against misinformation.

• Health professionals and health organizations can proactively engage with patients and the public by listening with empathy and correcting misinformation in personalized ways. The advisory suggests using social media and partnering with community groups to get out accurate information.

• Governments can prevent and address misinformation by finding "common ground on difficult questions," increasing investment in research, fact checking and engaging in rumor control. Murthy advised partnering with trusted messengers, using proactive messaging and community engagement strategies. Health teams should identify local misinformation patterns and train public health misinformation researchers.

• Technology platforms can assess benefits and harms of how their products are built and "take responsibility for addressing the harms;" strengthen their monitoring of misinformation and improve transparency; and proactively address information deficits. The companies could also prioritize early detection of misinformation "super-spreaders" or repeat offenders, and amplify trusted messenger, prioritizing protecting health professionals, journalists and others from online harassment.

• Journalists and media organizations can make sure their teams are trained in recognizing, debunking and avoiding amplification of misinformation by carefully reviewing materials that have not been peer reviewed.

• Educators and schools can shore up evidence-based programs that build a "resilience" to misinformation by teaching people how to be more discerning about it and talk to friends and family who are sharing misinformation.

• Foundations can provide training and resources for grantees working in communities that are disproportionately affected by misinformation, including areas with lower vaccine confidence, and monitoring health misinformation across multiple languages.

• Researchers and research institutions can strengthen their monitoring of health questions and concerns, assess the impact that misinformation might be having and tailor interventions to the needs of specific populations, with an understanding of how people are exposed to and affected by misinformation.

They're not gonna stop are they? Do they still think that 70% of Americans being fully vaccinated is achievable?

edit on 7/15/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

www.yahoo.com...
edit on 7/15/21 by BrokenCircles because: different link. different article. same crap. just because.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Wow soo suppression of information is going to be the norm because big pharma wants to push their miracle treatments and needs more willing "forced volunteers by mandate or law for their testing"

Go to love what our country is turning into we are not far away from Third Reich era scientific approach, I am sure the concentration camps are already available for "Heinrich Himmler" the new big pharma name to start testing unrestricted.

After all how is our own CDC calling us? we are cattle,

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

You could put me in a soundproof bubble with no contact with anything and then present to me a rushed vaccine that saves me (kind of) from a less than 1% chance of dying and I still wouldn't take it.

The government has lost its mind.

edit on 15-7-2021 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's a ruse to protect the real misinformation from exposure and to make the real misinformation seem more believable 😎

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yes, misinformation in healthcare is a major threat to the people of this country. Blowing a not so bad disease into a fearful disease is very bad for the people of the country. This will eventually lead to people not believing when a real pandemic class disease does really hit this country.

Yes this virus is something to be cautious and concerned about, but the government is witholding a lot of information of natural ways people can protect themselves from this disease along with the pharmaceutical companies who are trying to design expensive meds using this knowledge of mostly specific natural inhibitors of viral replication and flavonoids that can reduce viral load while still getting immunity to the spike protein.

I see more misinformation being spread by the agencies governing the healthcare in this country than from anywhere else. Fearmongering and forcing compliance to this kind of thing is not the way to gain the trust of the American people or other people in the world. Other major health agencies are also discounting the natural ways that reduce risk of the virus turning covid.

I study science, and observe the fearmongering practices that our government is pushing. I also have to say that the Pharma companies are not denying that the chemistries I am speaking about are not real, if they did they would be saying their medicines can't work. The strangest thing is that the natural chemistries work while the manmade versions of these chemistries isolated from natural foods and modified to be patentable do not work nearly as good, there are companion chemicals in the natural sources that buffer and work as adjuvants to increase the effectiveness of the food and herb sources. Some of those herbs are common spices. The Pharma companies are not telling people about this, but that is expected, they have to make money to pay their researchers and to make their people rich. They are not doing the fearmongering with this, the government is. Fear has been used for thousands of years to control the people of countries this is not new. It is the way it is, that is how things work.

For some people this virus is bad, I am not saying it isn't. If your immune system is compromised because of some meds or because of chemicals added to food, or just not consuming antiviral chemistry then you are more susceptable. Some people do not consume these foods that help to fight diseases, they choose to eat highly prepared foods. Some highly prepared foods have added chemicals in there that reduce virus replication though, but it is hard to identify if one chemistry added will cancel out the anti-viral chemicals when we do not know what was sprayed on the foods to keep them from spoiling. The same goes for good chemicals in healthy food that have stuff sprayed on them so they do not go bad before getting to your refrigerator, combining multiple chemicals can lead to increased risk of disease also and that is a major problem.

By the government and society spreading so much fearmongering and twisted evidence, I have lost a lot of faith in the CDC and FDA and other governing bodies of healthcare in this country. They are pushing a vaccine that has not been properly evaluated. And people are brainwashed to believe in something not proven real. I believe there is more reality to Christianity now than in the agencies governing healthcare in this country now....I have lost faith in the medical industry as a whole, but there are still a lot of doctors out there that will do the right thing and not bow down to the pseudoscience that has infiltrated the medical industry lately. I have faith in the doctor I have but he is leaving his job at the hospital because he probably does not want to push fear and extra expenses onto his patients, that is the second doctor I have had that has a conscience over the last five years that does not want to promote unneeded testing of their patients. One got sick of it and retired, the other resigned, hopefully he gets his own practice, I will follow him into private practice. I see more and more doctors lately going on their own so they can reasonably help people without causing them extra financial drain. I know that the hospitals need to make money to pay for all the extra technology and therapists they now have, but I don't want to be taking tests I do not need that make us think we are sick when we are not.
edit on 15-7-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I find it very disturbing that the government entities that make these announcements are unable to realize that they are sounding much like this.

You are not of the Biden!

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Misinformation at this point means a propaganda and narratives which failed to penetrate the none stupids of society

The government hasn’t been honest about COVID19 since the beginning, still isn’t, the fact they think the whole country ages groups world need the vaccines is the most insane thing I’ve ever experienced in life to date

This is the environment they themselves have created with now many years of lies lies lies and propaganda, tbh I think at this point it’s probably impacted me personally so much I’d never trust them ever again, unless they come out with a good excuse to have lied for so long

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Right. I'm quite sure it has nothing to do with the countless examples of the government lying to its citizens over these past few years.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
covid.cdc.gov...-hospital-admissions

Looking at the DATA, and following the SCIENCE, it looks like we are and have been moving towards heard immunity. I'm not a doctor, and may not understand the DATA like a doctor, so if what I see is wrong, please use big words and doctor sounding sentence structure to explain it to me. If you could claim to be a doctor IRL, that would also help your case.

So, seeing that we are on the right path, the vaccinations have stagnated, yet we appear to be dealing with this pretty well, and I hate to sound like a broken record here, but Is there any chance at all, that the natural immunity you get when you have covid and recover from it plays any part at all in the big picture here?
edit on 15-7-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It's a ruse to protect the real misinformation from exposure and to make the real misinformation seem more believable 😎

That↑ is definitely believable.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

...and forgets the most dangerous threat to public health .
The office of the Surgeon General which has been a political entity since the 70s .

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Pissed Off And Don't Trust Anything

As the ruling class went to absurd lengths to try and dismantle Donald Trump, pissed off supporters watched in horror as a captured media peddled lie after lie - typically based on anonymous leaks from deep state bureaucrats, and as powerful agents within America's intelligence apparatus falsified evidence and collaborated with foreign operatives paid by Trump's political opponents.

In doing so, they exposed themselves to anyone not already paying attention.....

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well this is what happen when you allowed money making scam artists like big pharma to control every aspect of the nation propaganda for miracle treatments that do not cure anything with the sole reason of profits.

Now they are bold and feel they have enough control to suppress information in their benefit.

This scam artist entity call pharma now wants laws, they want us American never to have a say so of what we want or not when it comes to our own bodies and the treatments we may chose.

We for ever will become force volunteer testers.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Again is not about covid, is about the shot and what is been injected in people, yes I am sounding like a broken record, but mark my words that is why the urgency and push for everybody to get this darn shot.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Is there any chance at all, that the natural immunity you get when you have covid and recover from it plays any part at all in the big picture here?

I rarely watch any News Channels, but as far as I know that's still something they never even address, right?

Even if they don't think the answer is 'Yes!", you'd think they would at least be asking that obvious question....

It's hard telling how many of the so-called un-vaccinated people actually did have Covid, but were asymptomatic, and don't even know it.

link   

this is an interesting look. It seems the worst hit demographic is the one we are currently allowing into the country unchecked, unvaccinated, and we are secretly shipping them to communities all over the country.

This isn't anything racist against Hispanics, it's a factual statement based on data provided by the CDC.

Isn't this something that the Surgeon General should be aware of and looking into as a threat concerning COVID? Or is that just the sad byproduct of a plan that wasn't supposed to be advertised?

link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Misinformation at this point means a propaganda and narratives which failed to penetrate the none stupids of society

The government hasn’t been honest about COVID19 since the beginning, still isn’t, the fact they think the whole country ages groups world need the vaccines is the most insane thing I’ve ever experienced in life to date

This is the environment they themselves have created with now many years of lies lies lies and propaganda, tbh I think at this point it’s probably impacted me personally so much I’d never trust them ever again, unless they come out with a good excuse to have lied for so long

In the beginning they were cautious and I was all for them taking precautions, but by May of last year they had enough information to be able to tell people ways of how to prevent covid from forming from the virus and had identified meds that could have been changed to different kinds to lower the risk.

I approved of the initial caution and social distancing and mask wearing, but once they knew more, they could have informed us. They made people believe that alcohol sanitizers were the only thing that killed it, but in actuality, it was the only proven thing they tested against it. Pine-sol and Lysol killed ninety nine point nine percent of the virus yet the government would not allow the companies to say it did, and they did not give them the virus to use to test it. The government had the virus, they could have tested those two companies products, but no...they wanted us to think that alcohol at high percentages was the only solution...fear mongering, it created panic buying and shortages.

I think the people who were running the FDA, CDC, and NIH should have been fired for not doing their job properly because they are supposed to be working for the people of this country not against them.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
he's not wrong.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My box blew when I caught that little inside video
from inside google
post election.
It was all I needed to see.

It went on for about an hour, a crisis presentation special.
Beanie bosses wearing matching complimentary color T's
yellow, and pastel blue
with giant blots of underarm sweat
vowing to do
'the right thing'.

It is damning in shamelessness alone,
and I have previously posted commentary of it.
Hopefully it has a valid link.
The link to the peek inside was saved on a machine which malfunctioned.

I spent a few mins looking for it on Yahoo,
did not specifically search such as on Bitchute etc....
But I see that google has it scrubbed from yt, surprise, and elsewhere no doubt.
It's exactly like searching for 'Inventing David Geffen'.
Though it appalled you,
you watched it repeatedly,
riveted.

Not sure now if possible to see ever again, whoosh.

# 1406

edit on 15-7-2021 by TheWhiteKnight because: We're in love (with the same supplier)

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

The Borg never knows that it's the Borg. They have been assimilated, are part of the collective and no longer have any intrinsic value outside of that collective.

Sad.

<<   2  3 >>

join