It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

amazing precise craftmanship of granite sarcophagus of Senusret II

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: anti72

( I´m still not ruling out iron tools )

I'm not even ruling out extra terrestrials phoning home at this point.

edit on 22-7-2021 by fromunclexcommunicate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromunclexcommunicate

I'm not even ruling out extra terrestrials phoning home at this point.

well, thats something about you.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

There are so many questions/ mysteries about ancient people and their works.. Just cant wait for the moment we can travel back in time and sent someone over.. But..but...someone said that time travel into the future is not possible. How the heck is our investigative reporter comming back? Well..I guess we are stuck and have to solve these questions ourselves.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: anti72

originally posted by: Harte
Tube saw was used for the interior. Approximately 11 cm. in diameter.
Page 173:
Denys Stocks: Experiments in Egyptian Archaeology

Harte

thanks for thelink.

when I look at the proposed drilling placement and usage I'm not so sure if that would be the best solution.
talking 'bout the placement here. I´m not a stone cutting technician.

I understand the theoretical drilling pattern to get the main middle hole cut out, makes sense, ok.
But in that there is a problem, IMHO thats not a solution for the most difficult part, the edges.

see, when somebody drilles it that way, the most difficult edge parts had to be carved/ cut whatever later.
you couldnt do that with a round, circular saw because you had no stable room to place it vertically, and the edges are crucial. maybe they placed the drills as close to the edge as possible, aka less abrasive hard work to be done.

Flip back a page (I think) and see that there was a vertical semicircular cut left on an interior wall in Khufu's sarcophagus, which is where the diameter estimate comes from. Exactly the cut you think would be a problem.
These ridges that a tube saw would leave were polished out with rubbing stones. They didn't finish Khufu's. BTW, the exterior of Khufu's sarcophagus has marks left by a slabbing saw as well.

Harte

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Like everything Egypt the reasonings for the abandonment may be esoteric, change of plans or someone didn't pay the masonry bill.

This does clear up some contemporary puzzles for me though.
More rabbit hole to explore the history of the Futurama character Bender Rodríguez, the riddle of the sphynx and the Nautical Almanac.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
Tube saw was used for the interior. Approximately 11 cm. in diameter.
Page 173:
Denys Stocks: Experiments in Egyptian Archaeology

Harte

nice PDF.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Like everything Egypt the reasonings for the abandonment may be esoteric, change of plans or someone didn't pay the masonry bill.

Generally they would stop construction on a tomb when the owner died... they'd do a hasty finish and then just plop the mummy down inside there.

On larger projects (like the king's temples and so forth) the next king would take over and continue building (and often overwrite the old king's name with their own name since they were the one who finished it or improved it.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Generally they would stop construction on a tomb when the owner died... they'd do a hasty finish and then just plop the mummy down inside there.

On larger projects (like the king's temples and so forth) the next king would take over and continue building (and often overwrite the old king's name with their own name since they were the one who finished it or improved it.

While I do kinda wish menkaure's pyramid had been finished, it's great to have it in the state it is to be able to see how it was worked.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join