It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Air Fryer - I Think I Want One

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

When I come by for those what do you want me to bring?

Bourbon.

Always bourbon.

Between the baby backs and the wings, i am not which i make better. But those 2 are always something the family will ask for on a weekend.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Done and done.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawnw

... (flip at the halfway point) come out absolutely amazing. ...

The only thing we don't turn is fish with the skin on one side (like salmon).

I eat that skin. scales and all.
My tummy furnace knows how to process it.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Trueman
Air fried food was not bad but when you put it next to old school fried chicken, it can't win.

Actual fried chicken is one of the greatest food substances known to man and should not be prepared in any manner other than God and Nature has intended: frying.

Amen !!!

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am still trying to make up my mind on which one to buy.

This shows up in my feed.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I think the internet is really trying to help me decide. First thing that popped up on my phone this morning.

You Are Using Your Air Fryer All Wrong

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I use a Tefal Actifry which has served me well for over 2 years , wouldn't be without it now.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

What a crap video!! A bunch of food-nazi's armchair quarterbacking the air fryer under the guise of actually liking it (for mouse clicks)!! Any website with 'mash' or 'mashable' in it's title is CRAP! Pure propaganda and regurgitated garbage for clicks.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Once again, algorithm based content packed full of ads and popups without a single redeeming quality other than the title!

BOO! HISS!!

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   
In case you missed it..

This is the best ..

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_16?crid=6SEGW214HI17&dchild=1&keywords=air+fryers+b est+seller+prime&qid=1625925837&sprefix=air+fry%2Caps%2C251&sr=8-16

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
In case you missed it..

This is the best ..

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_16?crid=6SEGW214HI17&dchild=1&keywords=air+fryers+b est+seller+prime&qid=1625925837&sprefix=air+fry%2Caps%2C251&sr=8-16

No problem with a horrible burning plastic smell?

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

One area where I particularly disregard negative review is in the area of "smell". I have a pretty good smeller, and I can never smell some of the things these ultra-sensitive smell reviewers smell! Unless I see 500/500 negative review citing smell, I just ignore smell issues on review.

I swear, there must be some real ninnies on this planet when it comes to smell! They must live inside of a Febreze can!

I bought a leather belt once and there were a bunch of review that said..."eeeewwwww, it stinks so bad I'm gagging, therefore zero stars!", or, "Whaaaaaa, OMG I could smell it from my next door neighbor's house! PUTRID!! Zero stars!".

Smelled like nice new leather to me.

edit on 7/10/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Reviews usually reflect the really good, or the really bad experiences.

Anything in the middle, usually no one takes the time to leave a review.

I was planning on going out later and taking a look at them. I am not sure I am getting an accurate image of some of them, from the pictures online. The weather is calling me to take a nap, but I have trees to plant, and so much more to do, that I am not sure what I will get in today, if anything.

I really appreciate all of the responses.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I had forgotten about my quest for an air fryer.

I don't cook. My brother does all the cooking. He always, either has me walk over and eat with them, or if I am working, my food gets placed in my fridge, so I will have it when I get home.

That means a lot of food warming, and I hate microwaves.

I heard about air fryers and thought about giving one a try, but never actually got around to getting one.

I have a neighbor that is more like family than neighbor. I went with her to a doctor's appointment way back in July or August, and I told her I was thinking about getting one. We never talked about air fryers again after that.

Grandkids and local construction, are our main topics of discussion, along with community service.

She loves caring for the kids at MOPs, I hate it. I love serving the drinks and snacks. So we make a good team.

Anyway, fast forward to this Christmas morning. My neighbor dropped off a box last night after service. I promised I would not open it until Christmas morning.

I was genuinely shocked to find an air fryer as my gift for Christmas. It is just the right size and I am looking forward to the learning experiences that lay ahead.

Thanks again for all the responses. They were greatly appreciated. I will let you know if anything interesting happens along the way.

Merry Christmas to all.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I have some sour dough chunks in my air fryer making croutons right now. The house smells like heaven.

They are versatile cookers, but i only use it for crisping things and and reheating left over fried stuff. I've seen people cook chicken and such, steaks, etc.

edit on 12/25/2021 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I have some sour dough chunks in my air fryer making croutons right now. The house smells like heaven.

They are versatile cookers, but i only use it for crisping things and and reheating left over fried stuff. I've seen people cook chicken and such, steaks, etc.

Falling in love.

My Brother gave me two tips.

1. Reduce any recommended temps by half.
2. Reduce all recommended times by half.

I am glad I listened. I had some mini sandwiches left over from a get together, yesterday.

Popped them in the air fryer, and even my Mother was impressed. She is not easy to please when it comes to sandwiches.

I am in the testing phase. Mom is having fun with it too. She just finished toasting some banana bread to have with her tea. It really came out great.

Just what I need. More food eating temptations, and the holidays still aren't over.

Getting back on the road with my daily walks starting today.

posted on Jan, 10 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I have been getting used to my air fryer, and have used it daily for toasting, warming, and cooking frozen items. I have not yet used it to cook anything from scratch. Too many leftovers to get rid of. Waste not, want not.

Until just now. I just cooked some chicken wings in the fryer and I am surely addicted.

I am very fond of the naked wings at Publix deli. I stopped buying them because the price had gone up so high it was ridiculous. I was almost paying two dollars per wing. When I saw a whole tray of chicken wings for the same price, that would yield me twice as much, I decided to give it a try.

Wow! Even my Mother enjoyed them and is already making plans for a second batch. Looks like I am going to save some money and some pounds, along with a lot of time.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

My boss got me one last year. It's some Food Grill thing that has 4 features in one.

I have limited space in my place and it's bulky. So if you don't have space forget it. It is bulky to take out and takes up one counter in my place. I didn't find it hard to clean. I also didn't find the instructions accurate for cooking times, most were way too long so I had many items that were not cooked right, meaning over cooked.

Honestly I would rather sell this and get another convection oven. I used that every day and it fit on my kitchen cart. I had a Cuisnart one that was AMAZING. I wish I never got rid of it when I moved years ago. I had nowhere to store it so I sold it.

posted on Jan, 16 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

My boss got me one last year. It's some Food Grill thing that has 4 features in one.

I have limited space in my place and it's bulky. So if you don't have space forget it. It is bulky to take out and takes up one counter in my place. I didn't find it hard to clean. I also didn't find the instructions accurate for cooking times, most were way too long so I had many items that were not cooked right, meaning over cooked.

Honestly I would rather sell this and get another convection oven. I used that every day and it fit on my kitchen cart. I had a Cuisnart one that was AMAZING. I wish I never got rid of it when I moved years ago. I had nowhere to store it so I sold it.

Mine is small. It takes up less space than my microwave.

I use it several times a day. I was warned but my Brother, to cut all recommended cooking temps and times in half.

He was right. So far so good.

I love mine. It is super easy to clean. It is fast, and everything so far has turned out great. Even my toast.

If I wear this one out, I will definitely get another one. Maybe a little bit bigger. I don't need any bells or whistles. I would like to be able to cook more than one item at a time though.

Thanks for sharing. I and still learning.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
An awakening.

I never realized how much fat is in the food we eat.

I shudder when I think of all those years I put my wings in a pan of oil to fry, every time I clean my air fryer after cooking chicken.

I never knew that chicken held so much fat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join