It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found the link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
So I wrote this thread to introduce this video to ATS’ers but the link disappeared shortly after I watched the video.

400 year cycle

The video does not allow me to embed it but the link below takes me there

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

Fixed it

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Fixed it

Wicked.

Thanks

the difference in spin between the equator and the poles distorts the magnetic loops and fields until they discharge electrically.

Fascinating stuff.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Fixed it

I recall she had a discussion somewhere else about the vortexes on the sun related to the sun spot that ties into this. Fascinating material here. It makes me wonder when the H2 will run out. Helium would be the next element. The sun dies eventually into a cold piece of iron trillions of years from now, I hope.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Thanx
Most probably did a mistype as I tried again in the preview when answering you and it did work correctly

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I've done that so many times when mobile.
Tuankfully I was in the Office yesterday.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ICycle2

So I wrote this thread to introduce this video to ATS’ers but the link disappeared shortly after I watched the video.

400 year cycle

The video does not allow me to embed it but the link below takes me there

www.youtube.com...
I watched the video and heard Zharkova talk about the Maunder minimum, but at least in the interview she didn't explain the 400 year cycle or why she was talking about the Maunder minimum. While on that topic, her observations are correct that a temperature decrease was observed in Europe during that time, but the leading hypothesis is that volcanic activity was likely to play a major role, so she may be overstating the effects of sunspots on Earth temperatures if she's not taking volcanic activity into account and she didn't mention it.

Wikipedia says "northern-hemisphere temperatures during the Maunder Minimum were not significantly different from the previous 80 years,[16] suggesting a decline in solar activity was not the main causal driver of the Little Ice Age." Zharkova certainly suggests that lower temperatures in Europe were associated with reduced sunspots but the timing doesn't really match up for that claim, though apparently the timing does match up with volcanic eruptions. This is the cited #16 source explaining further:

Was the Little Ice Age triggered by massive volcanic eruptions?

So I went looking for something she wrote about the 400 year cycle and I found an article by her in Nature, but apparently the editors of Nature have retracted the article after getting feedback about the inaccuracy of some of the assumptions that led to the 400 year cycle, so, there may not really be a 400 year cycle, at least not in the way Zharkova describes it. This is the retraction explaining the problems with her assumptions which led to doubts about her conclusions leading to the retraction of her article:

Retraction Note: Oscillations of the baseline of solar magnetic field and solar irradiance on a millennial timescale

The Editors have retracted this Article.

After publication, concerns were raised regarding the interpretation of how the Earth-Sun distance changes over time and that some of the assumptions on which analyses presented in the Article are based are incorrect.

The analyses presented in the section entitled “Effects of SIM on a temperature in the terrestrial hemispheres” are based on the assumption that the orbits of the Earth and the Sun about the Solar System barycenter are uncorrelated, so that the Earth-Sun distance changes by an amount comparable to the Sun-barycenter distance. Post-publication peer review has shown that this assumption is inaccurate because the motions of the Earth and the Sun are primarily due to Jupiter and the other giant planets, which accelerate the Earth and the Sun in nearly the same direction, and thereby generate highly-correlated motions in the Earth and Sun. Current ephemeris calculations [1,2] show that the Earth-Sun distance varies over a timescale of a few centuries by substantially less than the amount reported in this article. As a result the Editors no longer have confidence in the conclusions presented.

S. I. Zharkov agrees with the retraction. V. V. Zharkova, E. Popova, and S. J. Shepherd disagree with the retraction.

Zharkov (the scientist in your video) agrees with the retraction, but the other authors don't.

edit on 202177 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

join