It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xfinity customer service is ridiculous!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
XFINITY! What a PIA to get anything handled. I am a network security engineer. I had a lightning strike and my Gigabit internet is running about 7%. I called Xfinity Thursday. First, the stupid AI phone system will have you highly charged by the time a CSR answers. BTW, I worked in High-Speed Data for AT&T Broadband and was there when Comcast took over. They asked me to stay on as a supervisor, but I had greener pastures to go to.

First, these morons can only read their scripts. In the good old days, we that answered the phones were actual network technicians. We could quickly chase down an issue and get it resolved. Holy Christ! Not today. First, they did basically what I did and I understand they follow their script. But, she scheduled a tech to come out. So, Sunday I am sitting around bored and called to confirm the appointment. NO APPOINTMENT in their system! OK, I am not happy.

So, this csr does the same things the other girl did. DO THEY NOT KEEP ONE FRIGGIN NOTE ABOUT WHAT THEY DID? Apparently not! So she schedules a tech, but tells me their diagnostic showed the gateway was bad. It is not. But, I went down today and got a new one. Same problem.

I call back and NO FRIGGIN APPOINTMENT! Not only that, but they want to start troubleshooting again. Rebooting the gateway takes about 5 mins. I lost it this time. Not only that, but he has no clue what the other people did.

I just had AT&T Fiber run on my street. I can get the same services for $100 less a month. I haven't decided yet if I am going to use AT&T fiber as a failover or get rid of Xfinity all together. I have been a customer since I left in 1995. At about $300 a month for phone, internet, and tv it is pretty pricey. And when I called AT&T an actual human American answered! What an idea.

The first time I called Xfinity I got someone in the Philippines. They had a hard time understanding English, much less technical matters in English. Customer Service is out the window with Xfinity.

Which off-topic brings me to another point. These corporations are behind all the BS happening with globalism and running over everyday Americans. Same with politicians. They are more interested in building up the rest of the world on our dime than taking care of the customers that pay the bill. They don't care about you at all. We as citizens of this great republic have much more power than we think. They can't do anything without our money and vote. We need to cut them off both! Until they wake up. We can vote into office anyone we want. We do not have to accept their nominees. I say replace every one of them. Once we elect regular American-loving people to office, then we can clean out the rest of the swampy deep state that believes they are our rulers, not our servants!

Anyway, I am so p.o.'d right now at Xfinity and their lame customer service I had to rant. It is not the CSR's fault they have them reading script. They don't want to pay techs that can really troubleshoot.

Oh, and the COVID BS is in full swing. He had the audacity to tell me I had to wear a mask in my own home while the tech was there or wait in the other room. I lost it again on them when they started that. He tried to tell me they were following the LAW. First, there is no LAW on masks at all. Second, our governor signed off on ending restrictions. They can not by law require me to wear a mask anywhere in Florida. I just straightened out my docs office on that issue. They try to claim laws that don't exist, regulations that don't exist. Called them out and they abruptly dropped their demand. I am vaxed anyway.

I am sick and tired of the BS going on. Stand up to these corporations and anyone else that tries to infringe on your rights! And it is time for a bigger discussion on hitting these companies where it hurts, in the bank!

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

"Your call is important to us"
The biggest lie in the history of lies.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yeah, well, what you gonna do?

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

That is perfect! I have two options, A&T and Xfinity...

However, the prices are not the same! Someone is cheating! lol!

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Annnnd did you remember to insist they pro-rate your service since it's unusable?

Usually once you stand your ground on not paying for day's lost, things get sorted much faster. I also insist they log in my issue with a text sent for confirmation that it was. Sometimes you can "shake that tree" in a nice way and get things resolved. It also serves to derail any scripted crap since both of those requests require a supervisor to get involved.

Yeah...Xfinity blows.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Yes, I did! I tried the nice way twice. Today was that proverbial last straw. I don't normally get fired up like that. I used to be in CSR work. But damn it, man! I can only take so much. But, you would be proud, I didn't make any threats except leaving their lame ...

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Search YouTube for "south park cable company" lmao it is spot on.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

ALL customer service at EVERY company has gone to sh!t since the scamdemic started.

In the last 1.5 years, I have spent 10 times more time on the phone with companies, than the previous 10 years combined. And by far the worst customer service ever.

Sorry folks, call centers cannot be replaced by people working from home. It’s human nature to slack off when unsupervised.

Chomping on freaking Doritos while handling my call. That’s if I can even get someone to answer….

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i feel your pain.. Hate xfinity.. Told them my HBO wasnt working. Talked to them for 3 hours on chat . They finally told me to delete my cookies to fix the problem

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Lol they closed down the major hub in my city right after the scamdemic, Comcast can go eat a dick. It’s sad to because they are the only game in town and shut down their doors when people were staying home and want to charge exorbitant amounts of money for crap service and an endless AI bot you have to confront when you have an issue, and you will have issues. They upgraded my house with their new router the other month… well it overheated and lit on fire and could’ve lit my home ablaze. Lucky I had a cell phone because home phone didn’t work, them coxuckers didn’t want to even acknowledge faulty hardware and blamed it on dog hair lol wtf.

top topics

join