It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lack of Respect for a U.S. President is Astounding

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FieldCmdrCohen
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Ha ha wait 'til you hear about Nixon, or FDR, or Hoover, or Lincoln!

Or JFK or Johnson. Man, when JFK nominated Bobby as his attorney general, the blow-back on that one was fierce. Heck, just his being Catholic earned him huge amounts of negative press. He and FDR and Lincoln in particular were despised and pilloried...if they'd had the Internet back then, the howls would have reached the moon.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

I think the general theme lately for almost every popular media topic has been to divide us

and I think its working fairly well, but I just try and make it one day at a time not being angry or depressed

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

And that's good advice.

Yeah the media has and is doing its best to divide us into very small groups and are trying to get us to war with one another.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I guess you missed the Obama Hate, Clinton Hate, Bush Hate, but only seem to see the Trump hate.

All Presidents are hated by some of the American public. Usually by the ones who voted against them in the last election.

Oh, and the Biden Hate.

To way way lesser degree, yes they were. So, having said that...show me links, articles, pictures...anything to show where any past presidents were treated with the level of disrespect Trump was - Orange man bad, Russia collusion, meme's about orange man bad, making fun of his hand size, making fun of his wife, saying his kids and daughter in law were all crooks the whole time, saying all of his business dealings were always bad, saying he was a bully, wasn't a medical professional, wasn't smart, the list is just endless. And he was criticized all the time, over every little thing, every second that he was President continuing till this very day still. And not only was he banned from all social media, anyone connected to him was brought down as well (and many are still getting brought down). I have been watching politics since about Ford, Reagan, Carter era...and normally all I have ever seen or heard was people making fun of presidential policies, birthplaces, stuff like that. Never anywhere near the degree to what Trump has had to deal with.

edit* - got to thinking of Hillary Clinton - yes, she has been talked about a lot too concerning, well...you know the things...but yet she has never one time gotten banned from ANY social media platform! regardless of whether or not those things are true
edit on 10-7-2021 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I've been here at ATS since 2006. I've seen the ebbs and flows of politics. It's like you said it was bad during the Bush years, when I got here, then got worse with birth certificates and health care during Obama, with all the outrageous hate for Ron Paul from BOTH sides during that time - I still think he could have won had the GOP not screwed him over many times, and then Trump.

Say no more with him, it's all been said I don't care to contribute more than that about him.

It seems to have happened faster than it did ten, twelve years ago. I blame the stupid phone and facebook. Everyone out there with the internet at hand to prove themselves right at the drop of a hat with their own personalized web site. Sounds fabulous.

Oh, and screw the hell out of spellcheck, facebook isn't a word, you have to capitalize it. They can go to hell, I'll never give them that honor.

I need more vodka after seeing that.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

8 out of 10 "important" people in Government, Media, Business, Society in general, are corrupt, or evil, or simply selfish to the extreme.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join