It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pizza time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Made a pizza, kind of everything in the sink type pizza. Real Italian ? Maybe American Italian and a mix of Japanese in it. LOL

made the dough ( bread flour, salt, dash of sugar, olive oil, dry yeast, tap water ( not hot ) about 15 grams of butter
mixed it all in

toppings
mix cheese from Germany
mini tomatoes
green peppers
onions
egg plant
eggs
ground chicken with olive oil, fennel seeds, salt, black pepper and some tabasco sauce

baked at 250 c for 22 minutes

edit on 0600000002372021-06-30T21:37:02-05:00370206pm9 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Looks freaking delish, MIM. Bravo!

Also, Tabasco on a pizza is the only way we do it here

edit on 30-6-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Looks freaking delish, MIM. Bravo!

Also, Tabasco on a pizza is the only way we do it here

Yep, if you put tabasco in your ground meat ( chicken here, beef is too expensive ) and cook the meat, the tabasco gives the finished product an enjoyable " I want more slices " type of eating experience.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

It goes good on anything. Believe it or not Tabasco has a bad rep now. It's considered the lousy cheap stuff.

I put it in eggs and clam chowder soup. I ain't no hoity toity chef though so maybe I don't know any better lul

edit on 30-6-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I really like pizza, but am pretty intolerant to tomatoes...get hives on my temples and it causes problems in my gut. So I can eat tomatoes in things about once a week...so if I am going to suffer, it better be great to be worth all of the side effects. The wife can eat lots of tomatoes with no problem.
I can only have one piece of pizza. She is happy, more for her.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I've never had eggplant.

But that pizza looks very tasty.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM

I've never had eggplant.

But that pizza looks very tasty.

Eggplant might just be an Italian thing, but if you use eggplant, fry it slightly in olive oil, cool it, then add it as a topping. Really tasty that way.
edit on 0600000003382021-06-30T22:38:03-05:00380306pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Pizza was invented as a leftover dish. So there really is no right way to do it!
Whoever tells you otherwise is a foodfashist, forged in Mussolini's local-patriotism hell.

When I read all the ingredients, I was expecting, what we jokingly call, a veggie cake. Which is a ridiculously loaded pizza.
My favorite is still Margarita, there is just something with the combination of mozzarella and tomato, that does some flavorful magic...

That said, this looks delicious!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Pizza was invented as a leftover dish. So there really is no right way to do it!
Whoever tells you otherwise is a foodfashist, forged in Mussolini's local-patriotism hell.

When I read all the ingredients, I was expecting, what we jokingly call, a veggie cake. Which is a ridiculously loaded pizza.
My favorite is still Margarita, there is just something with the combination of mozzarella and tomato, that does some flavorful magic...

That said, this looks delicious!!!

My Sicilian aunt made pizza with just tomato puree with olive oil and Mozzarella cheese. I always thought that was how pizza was made. But here, after all the crap the Japanese put on their pizza, I fell into the pit of taste creativity. I do like the way my pizzas do come out. Just wish we could buy ground pork at a reasonable price. Canadian pork here is tasteless.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I bet there was oregano on it. It is THE pizza seasoning!

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

I bet there was oregano on it. It is THE pizza seasoning!

yes, oregano indeed. but I ran out of it. Need to go to Costco here and see if I can buy it again. I'm sure my aunt used it, but I was a child at the time. It was so simple and so good. I remember the crust was very crisp too.

I need to buy some good grade oregano and some Indian fennel seeds again. I'm not crazy about Indian imported fennel seeds but other then that our choice is Chinese fennel seeds.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   

That looks mighty tasty! There are few things like a good homemade pizza!

I know deep-dish pizza is not for everyone but if it's your thing, try adding a thin top crust to it then adding sauce and toppings. Basically a pizza on-top of a deep-dish pizza.

Here is the first one I found acceptable after re-perfecting my dough recipe. ( I moved from near sea-level & high humidity to high altitude & very low humidity city so it threw all my recipes off..it took a long while to perfect the recipe again)

dough : flour, oil, yeast, sugar, salt, garlic powder, water (115F... do it enough and you can do this by touch out of the tap)

toppings : bacon, olives, grn pepper, onions

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

eggs

That's the first time I've seen eggs on a pizza. Interesting... How do you do that? Crack the egg on top? Scramble it?

Are those black olives on top? Didn't see it in your list of ingredients...

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Those pictures do look delicious. Only problem is, for me, I'd stand a better chance at alchemy, than pizza dough, could figure what to put on top, but forget the rest. I have great admiration for those guys that spin and flip dough around. I'd windup with it hanging from my ears or picking dough out my hair. Forget about what the right amount of moisture would be, too. Now, it's not that I can't make a great home baked pizza, only it starts with a call to Papa Murphy's, but precision stove work and timing are required, that part not for unskilled or faint of heart, the mysterious box of heat that, for me, giveth, but more often taketh away.

edit on 1-7-2021 by Scrutinizing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I really like pizza, but am pretty intolerant to tomatoes...get hives on my temples and it causes problems in my gut. So I can eat tomatoes in things about once a week...so if I am going to suffer, it better be great to be worth all of the side effects. The wife can eat lots of tomatoes with no problem.

I don't know if your gut is reacting to acid or some allergy? With most gut acid sensitivities, concentrated tomato products concentrate acid, therein the problem. I know fresh tomatoes can be eaten by people with gastric problems, problems where, at the same time, processed tomato products are prohibited.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Must have hit the wrong button, sorry, ignore...

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

I don't know if your gut is reacting to acid or some allergy? With most gut acid sensitivities, concentrated tomato products concentrate acid, therein the problem. I know fresh tomatoes can be eaten by people with gastric problems, problems where, at the same time, processed tomato products are prohibited.

My gut does not like the terpine chemistry in the tomato...tomatine...which is strongly related to lycopine. If I eat lycopine like chemistry from multiple sources I have this problem. If you cannot break down that chemistry properly, it is bad. The thing is that if I eat just a little of that chemistry it protects me as well as someone who breaks it down well eating ten times the amount to gain health benefits. A little dab will do it. It took me reading about a hundred scientific articles to figure that out and cross referencing those articles to the amounts found in different foods. Other lycopine foods do not give me as much of a reaction, but if I eat them with just a little tomato, it boosts the tomato intolerance. So if I avoid all the lycopine type chemistries I can eat more tomato products, but still not nearly as much as most people can.

Not a problem, I can eat tomatoes maybe once a week in moderation and still eat some foods containing lycopine in moderation. I actually get hives, and according to some of the medical information, the hives do happen in the gut too.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

My gut does not like the terpine chemistry in the tomato...tomatine...which is strongly related to lycopine. If I eat lycopine like chemistry from multiple sources I have this problem. If you cannot break down that chemistry properly, it is bad. The thing is that if I eat just a little of that chemistry it protects me as well as someone who breaks it down well eating ten times the amount to gain health benefits. A little dab will do it. It took me reading about a hundred scientific articles to figure that out and cross referencing those articles to the amounts found in different foods. Other lycopine foods do not give me as much of a reaction, but if I eat them with just a little tomato, it boosts the tomato intolerance. So if I avoid all the lycopine type chemistries I can eat more tomato products, but still not nearly as much as most people can.

Not a problem, I can eat tomatoes maybe once a week in moderation and still eat some foods containing lycopine in moderation. I actually get hives, and according to some of the medical information, the hives do happen in the gut too.

That's very interesting, and thank you for the explanation. Yes, then, your problem is on the order of lactose intolerance and such. Had thought perhaps it was acid, that can be managed by avoiding the processed products, but I'd be more prone to live without anything I was chemically rejecting digestion of. An overdose of wrong food can, potentially, really throw one's gut for a loop, take painful days to correct. There's nothing worth eating that results in a bad gut bout.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

That's very interesting, and thank you for the explanation. Yes, then, your problem is on the order of lactose intolerance and such. Had thought perhaps it was acid, that can be managed by avoiding the processed products, but I'd be more prone to live without anything I was chemically rejecting digestion of. An overdose of wrong food can, potentially, really throw one's gut for a loop, take painful days to correct. There's nothing worth eating that results in a bad gut bout.

It is similar in aspect to the balsam of Peru allergy. An inability to properly metabolize some forms of benzene ring chemistries. I am intolerant to some of the food groups of the balsam of peru allergy, about three classes of them. Tomatoes can be in that class too, it is basically a terpine allergy. I cannot tolerate eugenol containing food chemistry very well but appigenin is not much of a problem in moderation..

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

It is similar in aspect to the balsam of Peru allergy. An inability to properly metabolize some forms of benzene ring chemistries. I am intolerant to some of the food groups of the balsam of peru allergy, about three classes of them. Tomatoes can be in that class too, it is basically a terpine allergy. I cannot tolerate eugenol containing food chemistry very well but appigenin is not much of a problem in moderation..

Sounds like you maybe also have some spices crossed off your list. In any case, please don't lapse on that moderation, ever, flirting with things that may as well be poisonous to you. I had enough pizza in my life to actually become sick of it, when younger, and it never has been the same, as if, king of foods, again. Psychologically, I've found the likes of fast foods, we know are bad, becoming repugnant to taste, unable to divorce whatever tasted good from the thought you're chewing artery sludge. Yuk! Even chocolate fudge, a cube of flavored lard. There are enough things to eat any dish is dispensable. If you ask me, no thank you to any food that fights back or enriches cardiologists. In any case, please do your moderating well!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join