It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My lazy way of making pepperoni pockets.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I was craving pepperoni and mozzarella cheese today so I bought the following:

Sliced pepperoni
Finely shredded mozzarella
Flour tortillas
Can of garlic/herb tomato sauce

On hand I had these:

Parmesan cheese
Garlic powder
Italian herb blend
Sugar
Salt

I laid out a tortilla, put about 20 pieces of pepperoni down on it.

Sprinkled garlic powder, parmesan, and herb blend.

Put about two ounces of mozzarella on last.

Rolled it like a burrito.

Made three and put in oven at 375°.

While that cooked I put the sauce in a pot. Added a pinch of salt, few dashes of sugar, few shakes of parmesan, a spit of garlic powder, and blindly threw in some Italian herb blend. Brought it to a low boil for a few minutes, stirring constantly so I don't have tomato sauce speckled all over the kitchen.

Put the sauce in a bowl, put pepperoni pocket burrito thingies on a plate, and dipped them in the sauce before each bite.

All in all, it cost just as much as buying it from a pizza joint and it took about 45 min from start to finish.

But it was worth it because I know the cook, he's clean and doesn't tamper with the food. I might even leave him a tip this time.

It was too hot to do any cooking, my AC hasn't cut off in two days, and it's not even close to being as hot as the Northwest. But it was very humid today. I sweat like Kamala in a hotdog factory while inside the store.

Anyway, that's how I roll when it's hot and humid and I barely have enough motivation to blink.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
That sounds like it would be very very tasty on a hot summer evening over a cold glass of beer.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yeah I should have gotten a cold one LOL.

I just read your thread on that pizza....I need to get the things i need as far as utensils go, so I can make a pizza at home. It looked so freaking good MIM.

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

edit on 30/6/2021 by Lucas73 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join