It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dementia and statins.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hmmm. I guess this is what I have been seeing in a lot of older people put on these drugs. New research shows there may be some problems with the meds they are prescribing again.

scitechdaily.com...

scitechdaily.com...

Seems like sometimes medicine goes the wrong way with things. I had a thread on dementia before but this is kind of important to get out there in the new list so more people can see the relationship to make up their minds. Of course, stopping statins to quickly can have some bad effects and should never be done without a doctors supervision. People I know that were clear thinking got some severe brain fog off of statins after a month or so and also some got some sore muscles so they talked to their doctors and told them they wanted to quit. The thing is that these people I knew brought down their cholesterol after that by altering their diet because they did not want to have to feel guilty when they went to the doctors office. They cut down on their junk foods and felt much better.

I am not anti-statin, but sometimes the side effects can be worse than the problem they are trying to treat for some people. Others I have known had no problems with the Statins at all, taking them for a few years and still having clarity. Strange that they ignored the studies showing that Statins gave brain fog in the medical industry and an increase in dementia in people who were taking statins for a few years now.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yikes!!
I thought I saw something about this recently, but didn't read it.

Now I am left to wonder if red yeast rice has the same effect on the brain. Although they do recommend you take CoQ10 with read yeast rice....
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   
"Every single hospital bed in America will have an Alzheimer patient in 15 years."
pResident Joe Biden

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Doctors have been prescribing Statins to people over age 50 without hesitation since 2005, or so.

I wonder if the number of deaths from heart-disease has decreased as a result?

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   
There is a simple explaniation. The statins are cholesteral reducing drugs. Cholesteral is fat. The brain is almost 60% fat. Do the math. Statins reduce the brain. It could not be simpler.

National Library of Medicine

Statins are used by doctors because they can measure chlosteral and give you a pill that changes it. There is no other reason for it. You need certain fats for your body to work correctly. Statins mess this up.
edit on 6 28 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Doctors have been prescribing Statins to people over age 50 without hesitation since 2005, or so.

I wonder if the number of deaths from heart-disease has decreased as a result?

I told my heart doctor I would not take statins. He sent scrips to my pharmacy, 3 times, after I told him no. Finally told the pharmacy not to accept any scrips from him. He had me on 6. Stopped them all, and fired him! Feeling better than ever!

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Fifty percent of the people on statins will have a cataract operation within two years. I read that in one of the side effects.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
There is a simple explaniation. The statins are cholesteral reducing drugs. Cholesteral is fat. The brain is almost 60% fat. Do the math. Statins reduce the brain. It could not be simpler.

National Library of Medicine

Statins are used by doctors because they can measure chlosteral and give you a pill that changes it. There is no other reason for it. You need certain fats for your body to work correctly. Statins mess this up.
I am eating bread and butter with my stout.
Still clicking.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hate statins! They dish them out to dementia patients here without a second thought because....cholesterol!
My mum was prescribed them because of her early dementia. I had a word with her Dr (they were prescribed by the hospital) after she had a TIA which exacerbated her early stage dementia.
Her cholesterol was 3.2! She had a very healthy diet and had always been physically active all her life. The Dr laughed and said "she's probably got a lower cholesterol level than we have! I'll take that off her list of medications".
I have a friend who has diabetes, they tried to prescribe statins for him. He knew the side effects and has been taking Lecithin and Selenium to reduce his cholesterol, which is working.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I started taking statins, and after about 3 months, my co-workers held an 'intervention' thinking I was on dope. It happened so slowly over those 3 months I never noticed. insomnia first, then short term memory loss and finally confusion. Sad thing is, *every* cardiologist has tried to get me back on them even after that terrible reaction. The doctors are brainwashed too.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I've gotten the impression that statins are a 'gateway drug' for old people. The symptoms of the side effects can mimic aging effects, and thus justify more chronic drugs. Statins can also push borderline diabetes into full diabetes, so I cannot conceive of why they would give it to borderline diabetics, other than Pharma finding a magic carpet to more profits.

We have had a pretty grotesque exposure of medicine being captured and its ethics subjected to politics, propaganda, and profits. It's sad but true. It's impossible to know if medicine will regain its ethical standing ever after all of the Covid fraud and jab morbidity for murderous political agendas.

Lancet and Nature disgracing themselves for propaganda was something I didn't think I would ever see.

edit on 29-6-2021 by Ceffer because: add stuff

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceffer

Older people once they are confused and on statins, they can give them heaps of stuff, and who will complain if they go into care and a younger member of the tribe gets the power of attorney?

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

It's only lipophilic statins, hydrophilic statins are the superior option.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

From research I have been reading, some sorts of heart disease have gone down somewhat, but other kinds of heart disease seem to be going up. The heart burns mostly lipids ....think about that for a second. Learned about that from taking a medical heart class from England

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's only lipophilic statins, hydrophilic statins are the superior option.

Over half of the people around here I knew were put on the lipophilic statins. It appears that the hydrophilic statins still have an increased risk, but not nearly double like the lipophilics do.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Yikes!!
I thought I saw something about this recently, but didn't read it.

Now I am left to wonder if red yeast rice has the same effect on the brain. Although they do recommend you take CoQ10 with read yeast rice....
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Rice yeast, like certain mushrooms, contain natural statin chemistry. So, why bother taking the statin meds when you can eat some of these natural statins. I had a big bag of Oyster mushrooms I was making, about three pounds in the bag. My granddaughter gave them to me from food she got from the food bank, she got two bags of them...which is way too much.

Boy, overeating oyster mushooms is not good, I think it took down my blood lipids too low and my heart beat dropped down to seventy five from it's normal hundred to one twenty range. My blood pressure dived and it made me light headed. No spins, just light headed. I have hereditary tachychardia and when my heart rate goes below eighty it gets risky unless I am sleeping, it drops to sixty when I go to sleep.

Here is some information on the cheap button mushrooms. The way they suppress androgens is through the same pathways of reducing lipids.

scitechdaily.com...

Strange how many times that they do this kind of research and get the same conclusions but the pharma industry still pushes Statins instead of telling people to put mushrooms on their pizza or in their lasagna.
edit on 29-6-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Makes me glad that I don't take the statin drug my Dr.
wanted me to take.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Makes me glad that I don't take the statin drug my Dr.
wanted me to take.

The doctors started my brother on Statins and my nephew, both quit after experiencing a doom and gloom feeling. We discussed it after the fact and I informed them about all of the negative effects on our metabolism it could cause after they already had quit on their own. They never asked me even though they knew I would advise them against it beforehand. They both know I study medicines, metabolism, and physiology a lot. Well, at least they discontinued them because they started to feel rotten.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   

But does statins and read yeast rice pose the same issues for dementia?

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Hi, What do you think of LionsMane mushrooms, i think thats what they are called, supposed to be really good for the brain, i heard it was a fad for those of the silicon valley... or something like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join