It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Keep Jeff Bezos in Space Petitions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

Headline reads:

More than 41,000 people have signed petitions to stop Jeff Bezos from returning to Earth after his trip to space next month

No, not a Joke or a pun or a prank, well maybe a prank. In any case I just laughed my butt off on finding this article.

Some signatories gave a reason for signing the petition, which included comments such as "being let back into Earth is a privilege — not a right," and "Earth don't want people like Jeff, Bill [Gates], Elon [Musk] and other such billionaires."

A COPY OF THE PETITION CAN BE FOUND HERE...

www.change.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I'd sign a second one if they changed the destination to the surface of the sun.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Some one in one of the comment sections suggested ''the sun''

Burn baby burn.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I like this person.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes we hate capitalism. Right?

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08

No, we dislike Bezos who got a hugely unfair advantage during the shutdowns to massively increase the size of his company at the expense of small business...the REAL capitalists.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So remove the people that are making space flight possible for the US, sounds reasonable.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I guess it is possible to be to rich.

I think Bezos has balls going up on the first crewed flight , good luck to him.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He isn’t going anywhere it may be a clone of him going into space, and the poor sucker who just paid 28 million to fly with him may not be coming back.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Maybe Bezo's ship will blow. Maybe he had the petition started so he won't have to fly in one of his ships because he does not trust them to be safe. This is a way out if he does not feel like the ship is safe enough to haul his billionaire butt around.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No, we dislike Bezos who got a hugely unfair advantage during the shutdowns to massively increase the size of his company at the expense of small business...the REAL capitalists.

Whatever are you thinking talking free market capitalism when everyone knows it's all about the crony capitalism now???

That's just crazy talk. Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Sorry! I'm an idealist, what can I say...

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
We should dislike Bezos because he had a business that had an advantage when other businesses were shut down? Without his business millions of people didn't access to certain items. Should he have stopped taking orders until after the pandemic? Should grub hub and other food delivery companies shut down too because they had a sudden advantage? I notice you never really have much to add except sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   

There's places for people like you with all your idealist talk...

FEMA camps... re-education camps... indefinite detention... Gitmo... Amazon warehouses...

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   

We should dislike Bezos because he had a business that had an advantage when other businesses were shut down?

He had that advantage because the government permitted him to have that advantage. If you're fine with that you've got to reassess what your definition of capitalism really is because it isn't the one the rest of us share.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
He had the same business and business model before the pandemic. The government let him have it?

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

He had the same business and business model before the pandemic. The government let him have it?

The government closed down a large portion of the competition. The fact that you need this explained to you is troubling.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The government closed down businesses that you had to personally go inside and possibly spread the virus.. on amazon you order it online and they deliver it to you. Do you see how that works? I

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The government closed down businesses...

There you go, that's all you needed to say, the rest was extraneous and not at all capitalism.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
You know he's Dr Evil right?

new topics

top topics

join