It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juneteenth to be a national holiday

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What's that got to do with anything?

Seems your against the idea that the holiday being based on the release of non-americans from slavery is not a concern of non Americans.

Perhaps - you also want the real history of the resistance to slavery to stay hidden to prevent the working classes of all colours to stand up against the profiteers. After all regardless of borders people will sell anything for a profit and be told its good for Americans to make a profit.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
Seems your against the idea that the holiday being based on the release of non-americans from slavery is not a concern of non Americans.

Yeah, pretty much this, non-Americans should worry about their own country, particularly when it comes to faux political outrage.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
On a semirelated note....my garage fridge went out today. Had a dozen large ice balls made in my form that melted. So now i will have to drink watered down bourbon tonight by using regular ice cubes.

Do your ice balls come out totally clear or cloudy? I have a friend that has been searching how to make crystal clear balls but after multiple multiple attempts, has been unable to.

Any tips are appreciated :-)

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

There is a science to making clear balls. Mine come out cloudy, and it all has to do with the starting temp of the water, and the speed it is frozen at.

if you can freeze it slower, you get whats known as "directional freezing", which prevents the fracturing that makes ice cloudy. I don't bother trying to make my ice clear...its pure aesthetics that isn't important enough for me to fuss with. But if your friend can encourage directional freezing to happen, maybe by freezing the ice ball while in a larger body of water or something, they'll come out clear.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
Do your ice balls come out totally clear or cloudy? I have a friend that has been searching how to make crystal clear balls but after multiple multiple attempts, has been unable to.

Any tips are appreciated :-)

There is a very easy way to do this at home. Just place the filled and inverted ice molds into a lidless cooler which then goes in the freezer. The impurities drop down out of the molds leaving you with clear ice. I place mine on a rack inside the cooler to make removal eaiser.

edit on 21-6-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

yeah, im trying to get my drink on. Ain't got time for that....ill take a slightly cloudy, often fractured ball and be happy.

That dudes taste in bourbon is questionable.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I make those when I have company and want to show off behind the bar, otherwise they go in the freezer as is and I forget that they're even cloudy.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Appreciate the tips guys. I'll pass it along

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

originally posted by: nemonimity
a reply to: LordAhriman

There are people on ATS who appreciate the holiday regardless of political leanings. I am glad that we have a nationally recognized day that celebrates the end of slavery. Regardless of where the holiday started or when, I'm happy to raise a pint in honor of human growth.

THANK YOU!

Shocked by the reaction of some of you. Seriously

You aren't new here, why are you shocked?

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

President Joe Biden couldn't wait until June 19th (for some reason) to celebrate the new "Juneteenth" federal holiday.

He and his daughter Ashely celebrated tonight, June 13th.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Man, what a choice to have to wear a pride or BLM flag when showering with dad.....tough month....
edit on Junpm30pmf0000002023-06-13T23:12:43-05:001143 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Man, what a choice to have to wear a pride or BLM flag when showering with dad.....tough month....

Y'all have some weird fantasies.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

We should all celebrate it.

Really?

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Really?

Because it's to commemorate what could be the most important event in American history.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: TonyS

Really?

Because it's to commemorate what could be the most important event in American history.

What's that?

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
What's that?

The end of slavery?

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Is this the Democrats way of making reparations? I mean it was the racist democrat party that opposed all things black until the late 70's. Pandering at its' best.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You get a holiday and you get a holiday...

Maybe we should consider consolidating holidays by group. Everybody gets a day. MLK or Juneteenth, Columbus or St. Patrick, Wounded Knee or Custer? All "months" go away. One day only for any group.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I personally just lump all these holidays into one and make sure I treat all people with respect all year long, regardless of their skin color or religion

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
We should rename our country The United States of Honorary Months and Holidays

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join