It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is A Test - My Posts Are Not Showing Up.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This doesn't belong here, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to post and this came up in "My ATS" and I'm thinking regular users know the answer:

I'm a long time lurker, joined many years ago but never posted, however, I recently saw something on TV that is really weird and I think is post worthy, but when I click "new thread" I just get a blank screen.

It was a REALLY long time ago that I signed up, but I faintly remember there being rules about having a post count before you could make a thread, is that still a thing? It doesn't give me any error message or tell me I can't post, it simply goes to a blank screen.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

DS
edit on 18-6-2021 by DeadSlash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cryptix

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It worked

But what does it worked mean? does it mean the post didn't show up or does it mean the post showed up. The intent of the thread is to find up if the post does not get shown.

Don't Ever Doubt Me.

* Jams mouse against the wall *

DON'T. EVER. DOUBT. ME.

(From Black List, don't get all hissy on me)

OMG.

*cowers in corner, not doubting for an instant.

Was a shout out of sorts to a blacklist fan that is someone I admire here.

Wouldn't mean anything to anyone else.

Hope you aren't still cowering in corner.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSlash
This doesn't belong here, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to post and this came up in "My ATS" and I'm thinking regular users know the answer:

I'm a long time lurker, joined many years ago but never posted, however, I recently saw something on TV that is really weird and I think is post worthy, but when I click "new thread" I just get a blank screen.

It was a REALLY long time ago that I signed up, but I faintly remember there being rules about having a post count before you could make a thread, is that still a thing? It doesn't give me any error message or tell me I can't post, it simply goes to a blank screen.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

DS

Are you trying to start a new thread or respond to an existing one?

I believe there is still a post minimum before a user can create a thread.

If this is the case, you can probably post in introductions and mods can move your post to it's own thread later if it turns into something.

Great to see another Lurker stepping forward!

Been quite a bit of that lately.

edit on 18-6-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Some threads are breaking again.

The 'V' trick isn't working this time.

I sent a message to alert ATS Admin.

This thread is one of the broken:

"Trump: Going to Take Back the Senate, House, White House SOONER THAN YOU THINK"

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

Thank you @Nunyabizisit. I was wondering if the person/persons that are doing this, would do a work around, to your work around.

If their goal is prevent us from having any real or beneficial civil discourse, they are just plain lazy.

ATS has trolls, disruptors, antagonists, deceptors, and deflectors, that are extraordinaire at their craft.

They have been getting the job done around here for years.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit
Thank you, I will try that!

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I noticed a few days ago that a page in a 10+ page thread that I posted in, the comment I posted wasn't showing. Thought it was just me or my stuff somehow, and thus ignored it. If it was a fluke, it lasted all of a day, and just for the NY Shrink & Yale thread -- Page 11 refused to display, and I have to edit the page manually in the address bar to get to it (changed the PG part of the address from 10 to 11 & hit enter)

Thus, if you think you went Threadkiller and scared off everyone, AND can't see your last post in a thread & know it wasn't snipped out, then manually advance to the next page. Even if it's page one, try altering it anyway. Example being altering this thread's address to a totally made up Page 58.

So, DIY style from https:/ /www. abovetopsecret. com/forum/thread1288336/pg1 to the non-existent page in this thread of 58: https:// www. abovetopsecret. com/forum/thread1288336/pg58

Best you can do in the interim until someone looks under the hood.
edit on 6/20/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSlash

Post moar. You have a threshold to meet first before you can post a New Thread yourself. It's either 10 posts or 20, can't remember which. but damn, just post, man. You'll get there quick enough, it's not a conspiracy or anything. Just a way to mitigate trollery threads right out the newbie gate. It's been that way on forums since the first ones materialized.
edit on 6/20/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSlash

Test post

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Quartet

Is there a reason why the long post I just wrote in a coronavirus thread just vanished without trace?

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quartet
a reply to: Quartet

Is there a reason why the long post I just wrote in a coronavirus thread just vanished without trace?

Was probably the issue I discussed earlier in this thread, which has since been corrected on all the threads I've been involved with.

Are you still having this problem?

If so, please respond with a link to the thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join