It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Researchers Discover a Parallel Universe That Runs Backwards through Time - Alongside Us

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Forbes has a layman's break down that makes more sense. Forbes

Basically they got some data that they couldnt explain, some physics guys came up with a theory of multiple universes, which kinda sorta explains it but not really and is unprovable. And the tabloids ran with it for clicks.

posted on Jun, 16 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This isn't even a new idea, when I was a kid I remember some science show had a theory about time running backwards. The difference is someone put it into a different universe, whereas it used to be this universe.

It went with the 'big bang' is real theory and that the universe is like elastic, and that once it reached its limit it begins bungee back in on itself, essentially everything goes into reverse.

I'm 46 now, think the first time I heard such a thing was on a science show when I was about 8, and heck like the link I posted, there was a Red Dwarf episode based on the theory.

This would mean the universe is yo-yoing if correct, Universe bangs, and expands, then it reverse and compresses, over and over. This could be the billionth time we've done this for all we don't know.

'Ground Hog Day' Universe is part of my own theory, but that's about it. No time reversal in mine. (Mostly because time does not exist. Any more than centimetres exist on a ruler. It's an eternal present for me.)

I do plan on making a post about my view of what is going on with the Universe and it may not be a very pleasant concept for most people. Won't post it here as it will derail the thread.

Too much theoretical science these days. Which would be fine but too many treat such 'dreaming' as fact. Heck 500 years from now some high school drop out will be on whatever passes for an ATS laughing at how backwards we and our sciences are. Even by that time most Humans will still know much less than 0.000000000001% about anything related to reality.

But the math? Heck I could do math that would show humans do not exist and the Universe is entirely populated with Unicorns, and the math would work. But we know humans exist and that math would be wrong.
Same thing applies to most theoretical sciences.

Theoretical science is often just throwing # at a wall until something that hopefully matches your theory in some way sticks.

Most of it is pointless to us humans any way. I mean, what do we gain from knowing another universe exists but is running backwards?

But yeah tl;dr, of OT. Time reversing Universe is an old theory, and I think it's just that, a theory but with an new twist. Parallel Universes as people think of them do not exist as there is literally no need for them to exist. Parallel galaxies are more likely though....

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   
EdisonintheFM wrote:
I have a feeling I know more people over there than I do here. I'm almost half a century old, I've had some strange unbelievable yet extremely realistic dreams in my span of life. Regardless of what "scientists" say, I HAVE picked up from previous dreams and continued to dream. I HAVE been able to revisit dreamscapes that I had dreamed about before. I HAVE had dreams in which I KNEW I was dreaming and I would either stay for a while longer or immediately wake myself.

I recognize this completely. It happens quite often to me atm. One thing I've noticed too, is that when I become aware of the fact that I am dreaming, I am able to "warp" things in the "dreamworld" meaning I can almost decide everything that happens. I can even sometimes give myself "powers" like telekinesis.
I don't know exactly how it relates to a parallel universe though. But what you are describing is definitely possible, as I have experienced the same thing, so I absolutely believe you.
edit on 20-6-2021 by FatherQuinlan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

More thoughts on time going backwards.

Imagine every mealtime, you'd have to throw up your food.

Having sex would mean men using their genitals to suck the semen out of their lovers.

People everywhere would go round spreading dust on their furniture and ornaments then get out the vacuum and put little pieces of household debris across their floors.

You'd pay a plumber to come round and put holes in your pipes.

Think of the poor buggers who work in the sewers bringing rats to life or installing fat blockages.

I think, for me, the worst part would be going for a poo. Having to suck poop back up, no thank you madam!

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Errrr, oh-kayyy...

Thats some food for thought right there...

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Number twos in that universe could be rather the chore.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Ha!

To put it mildly...

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Dont know about "Ha".

More life "Offt" backwards.

So "tffo" sounds about right.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Seems to me if time is running backwards somewhere else, then there will only be one single instant in all the history of everything when the universes are synchronized.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

What if there are other vectors to time than just forward and back?

I wonder how those would function.

Probably as many universe as there are stars in our own verse, all just a little bit different.

Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
edit on 22-6-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Bumping this old thread lol

originally posted by: snarfbot

Basically they got some data that they couldnt explain, some physics guys came up with a theory of multiple universes, which kinda sorta explains it but not really and is unprovable. And the tabloids ran with it for clicks.

Dude definitely didn't read three body point.

originally posted by: djz3ro

More thoughts on time going backwards.

These were the opposite of my thoughts and now I'm traumatized 😂

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

C'mon.. Perspective as if one could view the other which is impossible, but in each, everything marches in the forward arrow of time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join