It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Newsom Pressed for Answer on Unwillingness to Terminate State of Emergency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So, many of us here in California are at our wit's end with our governor, because he just keeps making uninformed, partisan, or downright corrupt decisions on behalf of the state. Case in point, California Assemblymembers Kevin Kiley, Melissa Melendez, and James Gallagher have sent a letter directly to Gov. Newsome titled "RE: Explanation for Ongoing State of Emergency," and it opens:

The Letter

Dear Governor Newsom:

Section 8629 of the California Emergency Services Act provides that the “Governor shall proclaim the termination of a state of emergency at the earliest possible date that conditions warrant.”

Last Friday, you indicated that this date has not arrived with respect to the COVID-19 State of Emergency. You stated that “we’re still in a state of emergency” that “remains in effect after June 15.”

Since you are decliningto end the state of emergency, the Legislature is considering exercising its power to do sowith Assembly Concurrent Resolution46and Senate Concurrent Resolution5.To aid in the Legislature’s decision-making, we request an explanation as to why, in your view,current conditions meet the legal requirements fora state of emergencyas set forth in GovernmentCode Section 8558:

“...the duly proclaimed existence of conditions of disaster or of extreme peril to the safety of persons and property within the state . .. which, by reason of their magnitude, are or are likely to be beyond the control of the services, personnel, equipment, and facilities of any single county, city and county, or city and require the combined forces of a mutual aid region or regions to combat.”

Now, I am exceptionally glad that we have elected officials willing to stand up to Newsom, but the non-Democrat minority is a minority by a LOT. So, I don't know what's going to come of this, what with Newsom facing an upcoming recall, but we'll see how it pans out. Please read the letter...it's only two pages and has some very good points.

According to Kevin Kiley's Blog Post, the New York Times has even written a favorable article (that I can't read because I'm too cheap to pay for it...anyone care to paste some excerpts from it in response to this?), which is titled Why California Is Still in a State of Emergency if you have access and want to read it.

But the whole argument is based on the reality that none of the current criteria or projections of where the stats will be in the near future warrant continuing the state-of-emergency declaration. It can only be assumed that Newsom wants to keep it going to retain his looser ability to suspend laws and sign executive orders. Like many politicians have been during this time, he has become so drunk on power that he's afraid of the withdrawal process once this stranglehold on California is released.

I hope that he publicly responds to this letter so that we can all see what is going on inside of that slicked-hair head of his, because I cannot imagine a scenario that passes the smell test that the public will accept for keeping the state of emergency continued.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
California is known to the state of California to cause cancer and anal bleeding

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The state of California gets funding from the federal government as long as they keep the state of emergency going. People get extended welfare benefits too. It's the same thing going on here in Michigan.

Gavin is trying to line his constituents' pockets before the special election and keep them just happy enough to keep him.
edit on 9-6-2021 by Michigan72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Michigan72

Exactly...and in acting like this, he is going against state law.

Again.

He's a POS governor who despises limitations on his power...which also seems to be the same in Michigan.
edit on 10-6-2021 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Michigan72

Both Governors have got to go

top topics

join