It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Arrogance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This video is a classic example of liberal arrogance and how their own self-righteousness blinds them and often drives their world view. In this case, this chick thinks she is smarter than she really is because of her Ph.D, education, etc. The result is often a lack of common sense which we see often in policy discussions. They get so wrapped up in who has more credentials or virtue signals the most they can't see simple solutions.

The first video embedded is a reaction to the original because it is shorter and shows the utter embarrassment of this liberal chick. To summarize, there is a Youtube channel that ranks thinks. In this example, they take 6 people who don't know each other. They are asked to introduce themselves stating education, age, profession.... then they are asked to rank each other 1 to 6 in terms of who they think is the smartest or has the highest IQ. The people are from different backgrounds. Finance, Management consultant, biotech, military guy, weirdo gay guy, etc. Then at the end, they all actually take an IQ test! Let's just say the results are hilarious!

The over the top liberal chick with the Ph.D in bioscience who is so full of herself, who even put down the military guy because he just has a high school diploma finds herself ranked dead last! LOL. Military guy was 2nd.

You just have to watch it...

I also included the link to the complete video below:

edit on 7-6-2021 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

She's demonstrating what is commonly called the 'Dunning-Kruger' effect, explained below.

edit on 7-6-2021 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I saw the second video the other day.
The educated girl was not happy to be ranked last.

Probably had something to do with what she called emotional intelligence.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well obviously the test was skewed towards stuff only whites know, on purpose.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Education does not equate to intelligence.

Proverbs 14
12 There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.

Also insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. A. Einstein.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I saw the second video the other day.
The educated girl was not happy to be ranked last.

Probably had something to do with what she called emotional intelligence.

Being book smart is not the same thing as having common sense or problem solving skills. I am surrounded by people like that chick. Ph.d's, Social science doctorates in BS soft fields, etc. Many lack basic common sense.

On the other hand, I've come across many people in my life who lack formal education but are sharp as a tack in their problem solving and critical thinking.

It is interesting to me that they immediately dismissed the military guy because he didn't go to college. He is operating multi-million dollar machinery. They can't wrap their heads around that not all people in the military are just jarhead cannon fodder. It is a horrible an unfair stereotype.

We see this all the time with liberals. We will point out 2+2 doesn't equal 5.... and they will just screech we don't have a Ph.D in something. We saw this a lot of with Covid (of course, it was ironic the chick was talking about she works at a company making Covid tests).

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I watched this video and found it complete bull#. Pure conservative propaganda. It starts out asking a large number of those conservative questions and then very quickly answers all of them, in essence, confirming suspicions a listener might have, in esssence, telling viewers what to think.

It runs out the litany of slurs that conservatives always, I mean always attribute to all liberals .
The voice runs on so fast that it's hard to focus on any one point because it so quickly jumps to the next sentence of propaganda. Rather than considering each point, it allows no time inbetween accusations. The audio sounds very much like it was edited and pushed together to afford no time for thought processes inbetween.

The video of the one woman being used as an example was short and cut so that any larger context she might have been making was totally lost. However, the producer of the video still managed to talk way more about how terrible this woman is then we were allowed to see. He filled the rest of the video with the standard propaganda of conservative buzz words and talking points while moaning and justifying his dropping out of college.

The second video was much better though edited to present only a fraction of the exchanges that likely occurred between the subjects. I also noticed that the woman that the first video used as an example of all the terrible things liberals are was positioned in the center of the string of people. As the string of people would focus on the group, that is on the left looking right and on the right looking left, she seemed to be right at the center of the groups focus, placing more attention on her than on others. This likely fed into her own sense of superiority making her comment more than all the others and placing in her mind that her value to the exchanges was more important that that of others.

Again like in the first video the question arises, just who put this video together and who arranged the line up of that string of people. Was it accidental that that one woman was in the center or was she placed there by the producer. It all makes a difference..

Out of the whole group I only found one that think I could have an intelligent conversation with, the Marine

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Indeed. She had become very defensive, justifying for herself, herself.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yep...
I deal with people all the time with psychology or business degrees that have no clue how to do anything.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
This video is a classic example of liberal arrogance and how their own self-righteousness blinds them and often drives their world view. In this case, this chick thinks she is smarter than she really is because of her Ph.D, education, etc. The result is often a lack of common sense which we see often in policy discussions. They get so wrapped up in who has more credentials or virtue signals the most they can't see simple solutions.

The first video embedded is a reaction to the original because it is shorter and shows the utter embarrassment of this liberal chick. To summarize, there is a Youtube channel that ranks thinks. In this example, they take 6 people who don't know each other. They are asked to introduce themselves stating education, age, profession.... then they are asked to rank each other 1 to 6 in terms of who they think is the smartest or has the highest IQ. The people are from different backgrounds. Finance, Management consultant, biotech, military guy, weirdo gay guy, etc. Then at the end, they all actually take an IQ test! Let's just say the results are hilarious!

The over the top liberal chick with the Ph.D in bioscience who is so full of herself, who even put down the military guy because he just has a high school diploma finds herself ranked dead last! LOL. Military guy was 2nd.

You just have to watch it...

I also included the link to the complete video below:

i don't know what this has to do with liberal thinking but the experiment is exciting! i would have guessed ray and also seen tyler in front but in the end you can't tell the intelligence of a person from his appearance. maria pulled the asshole card, for sure. she acts like an arrogant bitch. her social intelligence is low.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The source of the video is a channel that ranks people based on different topics. It is called Jubilee. Hardly a conservative outlet. 6.5 million subscribers.

I think the chick just exemplifies many on the left. Stereotypes are often based in reality.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I honestly believe that in order for anyone to embrace the leftist ideology, they must have a lower IQ, a lower EQ.

The leftist ideology is so antithetical to reason, freedom and rationality.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

I often wonder at how people may be forced into D-K by the pressures of our society. How much of what we see and are exposed to is presented like that old Army slogan, ''Be all that you can be''. All of the ''you deserve the best'' we hear form commercials. It's really a deep subject of how society pushes each of us to be better than average, otherwise you are a failure.

I first tied into this a while ago by hearing conversations at other restaurant tables or in waiting areas of airports. People talking and other listening and so often I would here the person who was doing the talking say ''what most people don't know''. Even though the subject might have been cooking of even lawn mowing. Those of course were examples as I don't recall what the ''teaching lessons'' were about, only the sense that the talker assumed some way above average knowledge and hence status for knowing it while others didn't.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Bluntone22

Indeed. She had become very defensive, justifying for herself, herself.

Well said actually.

Kind of sums up why minds won't change or even be open to another point of view.

"I cannot be wrong because __________."

There is no shortage of confirmation bias to fill in the blank no matter the words.

Left, right and center suffer equally.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If the true definition of a Liberal is to fight for someone's right to say what they want even if they disagree, then most of what we call Liberals today are not liberals. They need a new moniker.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

We see this all the time with liberals. We will point out 2+2 doesn't equal 5.... and they will just screech we don't have a Ph.D in something. We saw this a lot of with Covid (of course, it was ironic the chick was talking about she works at a company making Covid tests).

That’s exactly what I thought too, figures that this dummy is one of the “experts” involved in making the FLAWED Covid tests.

This was a Great example of Liberal Arrogance and a good lesson on why we need to Challenge the so-called “experts” !

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I've had debates with liberals in the past where they tell me that an education is better and will get you further in life than common sense. This is an indication of how they think they're more intelligent than you. If they were as smart as they think they are, however, then their cities wouldn't be turning into third-world cities right in front of our eyes.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

All IQ tests are the same. People aren't equal, that's the way we were designed and nothing will help that. While most of us treat each other equally, none of us are equal in regards to skills, intelligence, strength, etc..

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
College....

Where parents pay to turn their children into dumbed down, pretentious, self-absorbed, asinine individuals since 1636.

posted on Jun, 7 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I honestly believe that in order for anyone to embrace the leftist ideology, they must have a lower IQ, a lower EQ.

The leftist ideology is so antithetical to reason, freedom and rationality.

In 2010, a study was published for which researchers analyzed surveys of 14,000 young people from the USA. Participants who described themselves as "very liberal" - which would be left-liberal or left-wing in our country - had an average IQ of 106. The group of young people who said they were very conservative had an average IQ of 95. Religion also played a role in the study: Strict believers had an average IQ of 97. Respondents who described themselves as non-religious had 103.

"People with left-leaning attitudes tend to be more curious and open to new experiences than people with conservative views. Possibly this leads to them preferring to learn new things more easily and thus being more likely to expand their cognitive abilities."

www.spiegel.de...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join