It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great... now Terry Schiavo is ammo in the liberal vs. conservatives war... shame!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I cannot believe that I am seeing liberals and conservatives using Terri Schiavo as yet another example of how evil, uncaring and generally subhuman the other side is.

I have my own feelings on the politics of this issue, but I won't post about it. I know that people here - as everywhere - feel very strongly about this case, and want to voice those feelings, and I'm not opposed to that. But to read some comments about how it's the liberals who want to execute Schiavo or how the conservatives are all hypocrits really raises my hackles.

Basically, any politics I have on this are superseded by a feeling of extreme unease when I see how pictures of this poor woman - and even recordings of her voice - are being disseminated everywhere, shredding her of any privacy or dignity. She's become the latest event in the mass media circus.

And now, she's become the latest ammo in the never-ending war between liberals and conservatives...

Give her life or release her, but for pete's sake, give her dignity!

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Quit, why another thread?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I know... I just saw there's a load of threads. Mods, tell me if this aspect of the topic has been touched upon. If so, please delete my thread and I'll post the comment in the existing thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Otts! ... been a while...

I wish I had some votes left. That was very well said and I agree.

It's turning into a perfect example of the fanatical divide being discussed around here lately. Some people just can't seem to see that on this or any other issue.

This is a private (and tragic) matter in my opinion and it is being exploited without shame.

[edit on 3/22/2005 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Quit, why another thread?

Because this is a damn good example of what is happening in America. Any issue is used to divide the populous. Happening again. Let this thread go on long enough and I bet we hear from the pro-life or pro-choice groups. #, I bet we hear from capital punishment lobbiests.

Why can't we just diss the politics and think about an issue from a humane point of view?

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well, isn't really a "board" issue...
Yes, please comment on an existing thread...Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join