It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Schools Require COVID-19 Vaccines For Students?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The simple answer is "No".

And here is the why.

The current vaccines are not anywhere near FDA approval, and most likely will take at least two years to get that full FDA approval. Currently the vaccines are EUA, or Emergency Use Authorization only, which allows the Federal Code of Regulations of "Informed Consent", on all levels for all citizens, and military personnel. Not only Federal code but many state level exemptions as well.

This article by a Law Professor from MSU is one of the best I've read so far, it encompasses many solid legal points, and also has everything linked to back up those claims.

Can Schools Require Covid-19 Vaccines for Students?

Who can opt out of school shots?

No state yet requires students to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, but how states manage other vaccines and exemptions, and how the rules can change during outbreaks, can help us think about how a COVID-19 vaccine requirement might work.

So basically people be they military, or civilians can refuse the EUA vaccine, and a large majority already have.

Also in my earlier threads I mentioned the Federal Code of Regulations and even military personnel can refuse a EUA vaccine. Here's an excellent article telling the exact laws and codes.
www.justsecurity.org...

By some estimates, approximately one-third of U.S. military service members have opted out of the COVID-19 vaccine. Some think that number could be higher; for example, according to a new report, nearly 40 percent of U.S. Marines are declining vaccinations.

An earlier December report from the nonprofit advocacy group Blue Star Families estimated that nearly half of military members would decline the vaccine if offered.

In response, six members of Congress recently sent a letter to President Joe Biden, asking him to make the vaccine mandatory for all military service members.

Also the State of Michigan house just passed a bill, and now it's heading to the Senate for a vote. The bill is to preemptively dismantle any draconian measures the current Governor could impose, or the DHHS.

www.legislature.mi.gov...

On a more personal note and opinion: I believe we are headed for many new landmark Supreme Court decisions, and case-law regarding constitutional rights, and mandated vaccinations. The number of challenges will be unprecedented in the next couple of years. And the lawsuits that will follow may bankrupt many corporations, even if they have clauses that state otherwise, since so many people can claim duress during the signing of coerced vaccine consents.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
NO and a very big NO indeed.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I would be shocked if at least some are not FDA approved next year. I support the states that have moved forward banning vaccine passports.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
NO and a very big NO indeed.

Unfortunately many of these public institutions, businesses and similar are punishing people for non-vaccination, by making mask rules and other protocols different for those that are not vaccinated.

There is a legal, scientific, and ethical tsunami making its way in currently, the alarm has been sounded, but what transpires and the results are anyone's guess.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Not in Tennessee .
The Tennessee House passed a bill preventing any local or state government from requiring citizens get the COVID-19 vaccine.

House lawmakers passed HB0013/SB0187 on first consideration on Wednesday.

It's sponsored by Rep. Bud Hulsey (R-Kingsport) and Sen. Janice Bowling (R-Tullahoma). While there's no requirement in Tennessee to get the COVID-19 vaccine - this piece of legislation would make sure it's illegal.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I would be shocked if at least some are not FDA approved next year. I support the states that have moved forward banning vaccine passports.

Not me, if they approve it they actually may lose their lawsuit exemption status. I would wager they don't approved it for at least 3 years.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Plenty of large corporations are pressuring employees to get vaccinated.

Basically, "Yea we know you're one of our top employees and have served us well for decades, but if you don't get this vaccine we'll terminate you." Delta Airlines is one of those, as well as many others.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
They'll do it anyway and create as much chaos and instability as possible 😊

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

That will go hand in hand with remote work policies as well. People are leaving jobs that are requiring them to go back to the office, I could see the same for companies requiring vaccination.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

That will go hand in hand with remote work policies as well. People are leaving jobs that are requiring them to go back to the office, I could see the same for companies requiring vaccination.

Interesting you mention this, but I was just talking about the same thing to a group of friends recently, that are not going back to their high-paying 6 digit a year office jobs, and requiring vaccines.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I switched jobs as well, now I didn't have an office but I did have to travel. Now I'll be helping the new company develop new services that can be delivered remotely.

Now that's not the only reason I switched, better pay, benefits, and equity with a nice market cap. That being said it was one of the reasons I was looking, not going back to an office or travel if I can help it.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Not me, if they approve it they actually may lose their lawsuit exemption status. I would wager they don't approved it for at least 3 years.

Problem with your theory is the pharm companies are not dragging their feet they want immediate approval. The only way the FDA does not approve it is if they determine it's unfit to be given, which will never happen since it's already been given.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Basically, "Yea we know you're one of our top employees and have served us well for decades, but if you don't get this vaccine we'll terminate you." Delta Airlines is one of those, as well as many others.

All new hires where I work are mandated to get it.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Exactly this.

The schools will claim that it's their policy and will virtue signal them into compliance until the parents give in and let the children join in the experiment.

So... pretty much exactly the same case as certain employers but even more immoral and dangerous as these children are still developing and the future implications could follow them throughout their entire lives.

Pretty sad that this is even being considered being done despite the mRNA emergency use factor.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Schools already ban students that haven’t had vaccinations.
It’s not a big stretch to believe that they could group covid in with polio and measles vaccines.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Right now there is a job on every corner. It’s a good time to evaluate who you work for.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I have been worried about my grandkids that
Will possibly be going back to school this fall and
The new rules that the schools will try to in force.
Thank goodness Tennessee passed the new law!!
I’m hoping that law stays forever!

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

All new hires where I work are mandated to get it.

Anyone lawyer up yet? I’d like to see where this goes. Especially with big corporations.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   

They will try very hard to, and some already are claiming a mandate for vaccination, but I think that all that they are doing is setting themselves up for lengthy and costly legal battles that they will eventually lose.

The fact that the EUA laws necessitate that people be told that the COVID-19 vaccine is 100% voluntary at the time that the vaccine is administered tells you that it cannot be mandated.

Of course, how many injection sites do you think are actually telling all of the recipients that it is voluntary and discussing possibly repercussions if they don't get the vaccine, per the law? I doubt very many of them are.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The only way that these would get such a fast approval is if the FDA is not keeping up with the evidence rolling in from peer-reviewed studies that prove that this experimental mRNA delivery system is causing some major unforeseen issues, one being that the spike protein (which is the main medicinal product of the vaccine) is making its way into the blood stream from the injection site and could be the specific cause of all of the cardiovascular side effects that we are seeing.

This was not something that was even tested for when the vaccines were applied for EUA status, and it's really only something that can become apparent with appropriately lengthy testing and study time.

But, yes, those states banning vaccine passports are doing the right thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join