It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware those quoting scriptures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well the title makes it pretty obvious what I`m gonna say but I`m gonna say it anyway. From Christianity to Islam beware of those who hold the Bible/relevant religious text in their hands and do not mind telling you what is said therein.

God is in my heart and I find him in no book. He speaks to my heart and my soul. Those who quote text to you are the ones in the wrong for they know not the will of God but the word of man and the corruption the devil has placed inside.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Cassini my gripe is with those is with those who get ones face and say "Hey I am right and your an idiot if you do not agree (either side of the court will do)."

To me there is only one absolute we exist and that is an effect of a cause.

Beyond that conclusion what follows are thoughts....

Looking at what we know as of 07152003 4:10pm Est that effect seems to be aware and a part of a reality which exceeds a diameter of 13 billion light years. In which, an inherent interconnectedness is obvious at what is apparently fundamental levels of orientation with respect to existence.

It would seen feasible that man due to his level or development has the capacity (or is on his way to develop the capacity) to exist beyond death.

This with respect to an awareness, which has the capacity to perceive reality not only from a particle state of orientation but well from the state of wave aspects/ fuctions (we are plugged in).

The resultant effect, is that it is very well possible that what we call death. Affords us with a perspective with respect to reality that takes into consideration, that aspect to it which has no boundaries.

Time affords us with what eventually will be the capacity to not only experience such events during death, but as well in life.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
so what your saying is the Bible and the Quran have no value and should not be quoted just because it was written by man?

In that case beware of those who quote Plato, Socrates, Freud, or anyone for that matter.

Oh yeah and dont believe the ten commandments either thats a bad idea all around.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
ok... so I was expecting something intelligent and mature...

And yet what I get is one more thread about Devil and Evil and uhuh god is in my heart... really, is there a more cliche'd cliche?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Anticrhist you opinion is more important than you expectations

What exactly is it????

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I would tend to agree. he's the guns of the navarone...

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ok who exactly is he??

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Ok who exactly is he??

ever watch pulp fiction?

if you have seen that movie, you will know why it's relevant and what i'm talking about. (he quoted scripture before he "hit" someone. lmao)

( sam jackson )

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by Fury]

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
My opinion is that both those quoting the scriptures and those who say the scriptures are manmade work corrupted by the devil and saying that god's speaks only to the heart are blatantly wrong.

The scriptures are lies. And God doesn't speak to the heart, god doesn't exist, nor there is anything for a god to speak to the heart, for there isn't a truth, there aren't universal values like good and evil for God to transmit to anyone's heart.

And that's more or less like my opinion on it

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Ok never watched Pulp Fiction and to be honest was not interested. As this site does not require one watch Pulp Fiction to become a member, would ask that you elaborate.

What exactly does this have to do with the topic?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
Well the title makes it pretty obvious what I`m gonna say but I`m gonna say it anyway. From Christianity to Islam beware of those who hold the Bible/relevant religious text in their hands and do not mind telling you what is said therein.

God is in my heart and I find him in no book. He speaks to my heart and my soul. Those who quote text to you are the ones in the wrong for they know not the will of God but the word of man and the corruption the devil has placed inside.

Really? What god is in your heart?

The scriptures were written by the hands of men, led by the Holy Spirit. You say it is of Satanic origin, the same book that tells you of Satan?
Remember what Christ said about blasphemy, he said you could blaspheme Him and the Father, but you'd better not blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
First u must ask the question what is God?
The word is just a symbol for something we can't completely grasp so we gave the unreachable a name.
God is not a being so it is wrong to personify God(God doesn't have eyes, hands, or breath) Yet religions religions constantly give God human like characteristics(Personification).
God is like an equation. The Equation for how every thing in the entire universe, multiverse, whatever operates and maintains(TheMysterium Tremendum if you will). Just like how Pi cant be fully calculated so we give it a symbol so is God.

Equation for Everything*=X

X=God

*not refering to the work of Stephan Hawking

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Ok never watched Pulp Fiction and to be honest was not interested. As this site does not require one watch Pulp Fiction to become a member, would ask that you elaborate.

What exactly does this have to do with the topic?

The topic is beware those that quote scriptures.
It's a joke. If you had seen it you would have thought it funny. I believe if you looked at the fine print in the TOS, you would have seen watching pulp fiction as one of the requirements. shame.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
TC, no holy spirit in bible, that was made by the church.

And follow the ten commandments, those were written by god unlike the bible and Quran.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
TC, no holy spirit in bible, that was made by the church.

And follow the ten commandments, those were written by god unlike the bible and Quran.

Sure there is, James, and yes, He is biblical.

You are aware of the 10 commandments because it is in the Bible, not because you saw God write them and place them somewhere.

Your logic is flawed.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
"Ezekial 25:17...The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers and you will know my name is the Lord when i lay my vengeance upon thee!" BANG BANG BANG

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini

Mr. Cassinni: Have you actual read the bible? Have you researched the scientific studies of it's accuracy? If you did, What did you find in there that didn't seem truthful to you? Everyone I know who has ever discounted the written word (including myself earlier in my life) hasn't actually read or studied it. You don't have to believe everything in the bible word for word like a fundamentalist. It speaks to everyone differently (typically to what you need to hear).
If you haven't read the bible (or the Quran for that matter) please read them before posting statements as you have above.

In the words of Gandhi, I would say that even if Christ had never existed, the Sermon on the Mount would still hold true for me.

In peace,

~Jammer

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Great thread title,

If you watn to know and follow God then you can only do this by studying ad reading the bible. If you feel that your belief in God is in just in your heart then what you are doing is only creating your own god. Your own god is a figment of your imagination.

So... I believe that cassini is a being, however I refuse to read or obey anything he posts, I know in my heart that cassini is real I think he has pink hair, is short and squat and carries a big axe, and lives under bridges.

However don't tell me what he is like from what he as said about himself, I won't believe it, and don't tell me to follow what he has written, or obey what he wants me to do. Sure I am a follower of cassini, but on my OWN terms, not on his.

If I don't read what he has written then I am free to believe about whatever I want and do whatever I want without guilt.

That is MY cassini, pity hes a figment of my imagination and not useful for anything.

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, it is truly amazing what one can do with a few simple words and the ability to use them.

Exodus, Luke quote to me until you are knee deep in words you won`t change what I know to be true. If you need a book to feel strong in your faith thats fine by me.

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by cassini]

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
"And yet what I get is one more thread about Devil and Evil and uhuh god is in my heart... really, is there a more cliche'd cliche?"

wheres the Devil and evil, you need to go back to school and learn how to read. This is not what I said. And yes God is in my heart and my soul but its not something I expect you to understand so you know where to put your cliches.

Catholic says to protestant interpret this, Protestant says to methodist interpret this, anabaptist says to southern reformist interpret this, southern reformist says to Orthadox Greek christian interpret this, OGC says to calvinist interpret this, Calvinist says to the Muslim interpret this, Sunni muslim says to the Shi`ite interpret this, Shi`ite says to the Jew interpret this, what does the aethist (or should that be agnostic) ask if theres any more versions of the same book to read.

This and other answers tomorrow to your most (personally) disheartening responses.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join