It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most People Consider Themselves to Be Morally Superior

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: zosimov

Morally superior to what?

Morally superior to House Cats of course .

Those little buggers will eat cat food untill they are full and then go out and kill a family of rabbits just for the sport.

Technically, cats are morally superior to us.

They don't need us for anything but through the ages mankind has in one form or another worshiped them.

And they don't care.

edit on 2-5-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Does God believe he is morally superior, or simply that his will is sovereign?

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Which God?

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Naturally his god.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Naturally his god.

/facepalm

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I have never been superior to anyone ever in my life.
I have been labeled by some for my beliefs that's about
it.
I am a conservative,Bible-believing Christian,still supports
Trump and our Constitution!

So, when Trump's early executive orders were ruled unconstitutional and when he did nothing to ensure the integrity of the Constitutionally mandated voting system and openly tried to negate it, you must have been in a bit of a quandary?

Or, perhaps, when Trump clearly was not a Christian, and also clearly had little familiarity with the scriptures but implied he was an agent of God, that must have given you pause? Especially later in his presidency, when none of that happened?

edit on 2/5/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: chr0naut

Morally superior to what?

Morally superior to House Cats of course .

Those little buggers will eat cat food untill they are full and then go out and kill a family of rabbits just for the sport.

I know, they are so smug!

The cats, too.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
Who is to say all that died the past year weren't swept away and we are the lame-o's that are left. We are the ones that remain to experience plagues, fire and torment.

The end times.
edit on 2-5-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   

According to scientists who think they are superior..

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Trump?

The planet is being run by 33rd degree Masons. They are Satanists. Obama is running the US.

Obama is the very first one going into the lake, and not just for a dip. Hell is going in with him, and all those who have rejected Christ.

Your Aliens will be announced in July most likely. They are not the Aliens. We are.

This planet is toast

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

A man after my own heart

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I always try to remind myself intent matters more than position.

Does a person mean well? That's how I feel I should guess someone's morality. I believe you can be morally sound but still "wrong".

Now, this doesn't really effect whether my arrogance is projected through believing I'm logically right, or someone else is logically wrong. But that one's hard too, because a large portion of the time we're talking about unknowns, or things that cannot be proved in a manner where everyone is satisfied to declare something a truth.

Then there is the problem someone could be right about a thesis, but logically wrong on how they've arrived there. Hell, they could be morally sound, right about a thesis, bit arrive there, or articulate it with dodgy logic.

Mix this with an age where information can be accessed instantaneously... And things can get a little weird. One might say that improves the circumstances, but getting information so quickly seems to have harmed us if the context of discussion is a time of more division. Maybe having a calculator in our pocket makes us worse at math since we never go through the steps. Maybe an age of instant information hinders our mental fitness with critical thinking.

Perhaps, we're all missing the nuances between what is "right" and "wrong" because we conflate morality with opinion or ideology. Tribalism has made it to where morality is tied to world view.

Though, this is just an idea I've been playing around with.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Trump?

The planet is being run by 33rd degree Masons. They are Satanists. Obama is running the US.

Obama is the very first one going into the lake, and not just for a dip. Hell is going in with him, and all those who have rejected Christ.

Your Aliens will be announced in July most likely. They are not the Aliens. We are.

This planet is toast

Finally someone with all the answers. And I thought I'd have to search for another millennia.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: Gothmog

Oh geeez. Do you really believe that?

I really KNOW that .

If you're never wrong, why the need to edit?

To more correctly communicate the fact.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

God is not moral at all. Morality is a human frailty.
Nature is Gods creation, where’s the morality in nature?

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Trump?

This planet is toast

does anyone prime the 32nd degree masons for their role in world domination, or does it get sprung on them when they get their white hat? And how does the KCCH fit in?

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm realistically and logically superior.

Because you cannot tell me I am not more superior than someone who rapes and kills etc. Morally, Ethically or otherwise. You'll never convince me a person who is a total piece of crap is superior or equal to me.

Mind you I can acknowledge and accept my flaws. I'm a sinner, yeah I have sinned (I just don't have a friend in Jesus. lol) but yes, while I try to view everyone as equals, there are plenty of people I meet that it is impossible to view as anything but inferior to myself for various reasons. At best you can be my equal, but never my better.

Guess it comes down to what the definition of superior is and how you the individual perceive its context and meaning.

Nothing wrong with feeling or being superior to others, in the right context. I mean thinking I am a superior artist to my friends because I can draw, paint and sculpt while they cannot is just acknowledging fact.

Where as saying I am superior because of something like my skin colour alone and no other reason is a whole different game. Not to mention stupid. (Apply to religions, sexuality, gender, nationality and so on and so forth.)

My personal judgment on if I am superior as a human to you comes down to simply how you behave as a human being and nothing else. I don't think it makes me a bad person to feel this way.
And if you think it does, well that's a you problem. I can live with myself and you do not have to.

edit on 3-5-2021 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
does anyone prime the 32nd degree masons for their role in world domination, or does it get sprung on them when they get their white hat? And how does the KCCH fit in?

Lucifer just called, he needs a word with you.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
At best you can be my equal, but never my better.

I have met plenty of people whom I consider to be better than I am. They are what I aspire to be like. At least the traits I find commendable. It's not a bad thing, it's nature. But I suppose it depends on what you consider to be important traits.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
When you are your own god......

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join