It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter White honey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Have any of you trued this?

savannahbee.com...

This is the absolute best honey i have had. Slight lavender flavor (i hate floral flavors...but not this) and a creamy texture.

Im gonna get fat eating it on fresh buttered tortillas like a sopapilla.

I got mine back in December. If youve not had it and like honey this is a must.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I've never even heard of it, but might have to try it out. I do get white clover honey around here, but it's not from winter.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That is really weird how the honey went that way. I wonder if the high elevation during the flight had something to do with it turning like that? Honey does crystalize with age, we still use it when it separates and crystalizes. It is hard to get out of the jar though. Putting it through a meat grinder sure sounds like a messy job.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I'm not a big fan of honey, but this realy does look like a Happy Accident.
S&F I've saved the website you provided.
I know some people that might really like this.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I've had crystallized honey a couple of times, sitting the jar in some warm to hot water usually reverses it. Honey has an incredible shelf life.

This is different though, I wonder how they replicated the process for their later batches. optimal temperatures and a little additives? Seems for that effect you'd want the crystals to be as small as possible.

Intriguing!

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I have a honey collection. Probably 25 or more types from all over the world.

Actually one of my favorite places to order honey is Winter Park Honey. They have everything you can think of now. I always Tupelo and Sour wood, but probably my favorite, is meadowfoam honey. It tastes just like candy, and is great in beverages or on dessert. Its from a special plant that produces a multitude of little flowers that resembles ocean foam up the Pacific north West that was brought in for the high quality lubricant oil the plant produced. It was to be used as a replacement for the Sperm whale oil product that was becoming very expensive and hard to get.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I love honey passionately. Although i do tend towards Texas honey for the added benefit of allergies.

I was shopping for my moms Christmas and found this stuff in a small store near my job. Mom likes honey and toast, so i got her some for her gift basket. And got a couple extras after the sample.

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   

We just call this "creamed honey" where I'm from.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I'm interested in your sopapillas. Down in South America you can find some great versions.

The one I recommend to try with your delicious honey is the Chilean Sopaipilla. It will add another layer of flavor and color.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
That is really weird how the honey went that way. I wonder if the high elevation during the flight had something to do with it turning like that? Honey does crystalize with age, we still use it when it separates and crystalizes. It is hard to get out of the jar though. Putting it through a meat grinder sure sounds like a messy job.

Actually, there are three kinds of honey that naturally do not crystallize easily - Acacia, Sage, and Tupelo. It has to do with the kinds of sugars that are found in it.

All other honey does crystallize - unless it has been pasteurized (heated to a high enough temp). I'm not exactly sure what the temp is, but heating it to a very low temp - enough to make it manageable for packaging - supposedly doesn't permanently prevent crystallization, but high enough temps, and the honey will not crystallize (at least not under normal conditions over a length of time before it usually gets consumed).

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I have nothing sexy to share. The local HEB makes fresh tortillas, but they slightly undercook them (they are cooked, but not browned). Throw one onto a griddle and it puffs up. From there ill just rub in butter on half of it, and put a teaspoon of honey in a ribbon down the middle.

Really delicious. More like dessert chimi that a sopapilla

new topics

top topics

join