It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocaine Mummies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Harte

A question to remember.... is a Phonecian trading vessel any less seaworthy than a Viking knar? Probably not. So there is a high probability that during the Minoan warm period the secretive trade routes of the Phonecians were exploiting anywhere with a profit. A shipload of goodies would set you up for life, you have Phonecian ports right where the Trade winds blow, Great lakes copper for one. Archeology in the Azores halfway across, Plato stating that another continent enclosed the Atlantic. There are a lot of clues.

The "clues" are total BS. Cyprus has more than enough copper and still does - no Great Lakes copper ever made it to the old world in antiquity.
The Azores is not halfway across the ocean.

Plato was using the old (and by that time obsolete) myth of Okeanos to lend a feeling of antiquity to his fable. There had to be land on the outside of the world disk or Okeanos would spill off.

Even Herodotus ridiculed that belief centuries before Plato.

Harte

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: FauxMulder

There's also allegedly Roman amphorae off the coast of Brazil so there is further speculation that contact was made prior to the pre-Columbian period.

It is possible but i don't buy it for the simple reason that one shipwreck is not evidence of anything. It could simply have been a trading vessel blown way off course. Roman ships went down the Atlantic side of Northern Africa, at least as far south as what is now Mauretania. A big storm blowing a ship into the Atlantic and you have big problems then. For one thing, Roman ships are not designed for Ocean going (big difference between the non tidal Mediterranean and a proper ocean like the Atlantic). Even in the Med, Roman ships stuck to coastlines as much as possible

Roman jars doesn't necessarily mean Roman ship. Could have been anybody's ship, but carrying Roman cargo. "All roads lead to Rome", right? Rome was a huge trading center.

Navigation techniques are something that can be invented by a single person, in a single generation. (Who might choose to guard the secret, to maximize profits, at the cost of posterity.)

If I lived in that era and knew how to navigate to Brazil, I wouldn't tell anyone. Not unless they paid me a lot of money (which would require them believing me...... and for them to believe me I'd probably need to make the trip once or twice.)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   

So what's a Carthaginian temple doing in the Azores then? portuguese-american-journal.com...

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

So what's a Carthaginian temple doing in the Azores then? portuguese-american-journal.com...

Ten year old article, with no date associated with the findings, that goes on to reference claims of Carthaginian coins and inscriptions that were debunked a hundred years (or more) before the article was even written.

However, though the islands were "discovered" uninhabited by the Portuguese, they appeared on maps a century before then. So there could have been people there at some point before the Portuguese.

Still talking here about between 1000 and 1400 - AD. I don't see the mystery.

Harte

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
In 1992 a German toxicologist was performing test on a 2500 year old mummy named Henut Taui. She was a priestess in the temple of Amun at Thebes and was buried in the Deir el-Bahari necropolis.

The toxicologist, Svetlana Balabanova, was performing test for opium to verify its use in religious ceremonies. But what she found was traces of coc aine and tobacco.

The hair of a 21st dynasty priestess, Henut Taui, was found to contain significant amounts of coc aine and nicotine. The implications of finding evidence of possible tobacco and coc aine use in the remains of a woman who died 2,500 years before Columbus were not lost on the doctor.

Clic ky

The type of test she used

Dr Balabanova used a hair shaft test which is accepted in a court of law as proof that a substance was consumed while the subject was alive. The sample is washed in alcohol to remove any environmental contamination and the washing solution itself is tested to make sure it is clear. This method is considered reliable enough to fire or even imprison people based on the results.

She took more samples and sent them to laboratories to confirm the findings.

She performed further tests to rule out contamination and sent samples to three different forensic laboratories who confirmed her findings. She carried out further tests on mummies from a wide variety of locations and dates and found that about a third of them showed results similar to Henut Taui.

The implications would mean that the ancient Egyptians had trade with the pre-Columbian Americas. The tobacco and coc aine plants are native to the Americas. The Egyptians are also not known for being sea faring people.

If the results are genuine, it could be possible that they had trade with the Americas through a third party. Dr. Balabanova believes that the most likely explanation is there were varieties of tobacco and coca plants native to Africa which have since become extinct.

Thank you for this information. This helps prove the angle I have been theorizing on Egypt and its Step Pyramids.

My angle is a little different. It in part comes from American soldiers who were stationed in Egypt. Those soldiers contend that ancient Egypt was really a matriarchy and that the modern Islamic government covers it up for fear of their women.

So years ago, I tried tracing Egyptian royal lineages differently-- through the maternal line. I came up with a lineage of a Queen Shemet (Meshet) who I date to about 2500-2553 B.C.E. She apparently made an alliance with some Greek island and appointed a foreign female Pharoah named Neith.

For years I kept trying to figure out which island this foreign female pharoah came from. And I finally figured it out. Kalliste was the name of the island. Kalliste is actually the island of Thira thousands of years before the volcano destroyed the island.

Apparently, those on the island of Kalliste were ancient sea farers that sought out other volcano islands and other volcanoes on the coasts to colonize.

And when Kalliste (Thira) was destroyed, a pharoah in Egypt (Thotmes) gathered them up and sent them by way of the Suez through the Indian Ocean to build new colonies in the new world.

Kalliste architecture in Egypt is marked by step pyramids that also date to 2500-2553 B.C.E. by carbon dating of the wooden beams in those step pyramids (the original beams).

In the same time frame begins step pyramids along volcanic coastal regions in the Indian Ocean. Then the Pacific volcanoes shortly after.

So to find trade of coc aine and tobacco with the Americas dating to the same time frame of the step pyramids (2500-2553 B.C.E.) and the foreign Pharoah Neith of Kalliste just solidifies it for me. The island of Kalliste, seeking out volcanoes to colonize in the Pacific ring, South America and Central America during this timeframe of an alliance with Egypt. Then to lose their Suez Egyptian port under a different queen bloodline with a different pharoah. Then for them to regain access to their Suez Egyptian port after the destruction of their island is pretty amazing.

But yes..follow the step pyramids from Egypt into the Indian Ocean and Pacific by following volcanoes and you will see Kalliste expansion on volcanic soils into new colonies in the new world.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MapMistress

Thank you for this information. This helps prove the angle I have been theorizing on Egypt and its Step Pyramids.

My angle is a little different. It in part comes from American soldiers who were stationed in Egypt. Those soldiers contend that ancient Egypt was really a matriarchy and that the modern Islamic government covers it up for fear of their women.

Actually, it was neither a matriarchy nor a true patriarchy. Women had more political and social freedom in ancient Egypt than anywhere else. They could become scribes (rarely), they did become pharaohs as early as 2800 BC, they did occasionally lead troops (Ahmose I), they were regents for their children, and in the New Kingdom the priestesses of Amun essentially were the ones who decided who would become king (pharaoh.)

We know this from their written records and from their images. Had it been a matriarchy, we'd have known from the start. The Islamic government couldn't have covered it up (particularly with all the foreigners doing the investigations.)

Emily Teeter and Kara Cooney are both Egyptologists who have written a lot about this topic.

And when Kalliste (Thira) was destroyed, a pharoah in Egypt (Thotmes) gathered them up and sent them by way of the Suez through the Indian Ocean to build new colonies in the new world.

The Suez didn't exist until the 1860's (opened in 1869) And if they were in Greece and using the Suez Canal (which didn't exist) they would have ended up in India. India is not the "new world"; that would be the Americas.

Kalliste architecture in Egypt is marked by step pyramids that also date to 2500-2553 B.C.E. by carbon dating of the wooden beams in those step pyramids (the original beams).

They're purely Egyptian, incorporating designs from earlier types of tombs... and the name of the main architect (Imhotep) has been recorded. He's Egyptian (Greece and the Greeks did not exist then, nor did the Greek language) and his name is Egyptian.

In the same time frame begins step pyramids along volcanic coastal regions in the Indian Ocean. Then the Pacific volcanoes shortly after.

I haven't seen any step pyramids listed in the Pacific/Indian Ocean. Where are these supposed to be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join