It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford announces new provincewide ‘emergency brake’ to curb spread of COVID-19 in Ontario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Nothing like a one-trick pony...

The absolutely only thing this moron of a Premier knows what to do, when it comes to the Plandemic, is to shut down and lock down. One lockdown ends, and then a couple of weeks later another one begins. God help you if you own a Restaurant or other small business in Ontario, Canada.

The dreaded "3rd Wave" is apparently now descending upon the Province...bearing the even more dreaded SARS Covid-2 "variants" (otherwise known as the usual stages of mutation that all Coronaviruses go through).

The Premier said he knew the announcement would be hard on many people hoping for reopening, but that it was needed to avoid overwhelming the healthcare system as the province continues to rollout vaccines.

“We’ve come so far, we’ve sacrificed too much, to throw in the towel,” Mr. Ford said.

Across the province, indoor gatherings will be largely limited to only members of the same household, and outdoor gatherings have a limit of five people. Ontarians also asked to “limit trips outside the home to necessities” such as those for food and medicine or exercise.

Funny thing is, the Premier, as in every lockdown before this one, will continue to enjoy his full salary and benefits - oh, and his printing business will continue to profit from selling Amazon packaging materials (made more in demand by the strangling of all local busineses) and those little floor stickers that tell people to practice social distancing.

As of Thursday, the province had 430 COVID-19 patients in its intensive care units, well above the peak of 420 in the second wave – and a figure that was rising rapidly and already exceeds thresholds forcing hospitals to take extraordinary measures, such as flying patients out of Toronto to as far away as Kingston. Even with added beds, hundreds of thousands of surgeries have already been cancelled

So, let this sink in...in a Province with nearly 15 million people, there are 430 people in ICUs with "COVID-19" (though we all know by now that if you happen to test positive for COVID-19, with the faulty tests that they have for this, that even if you just got hit by a bus you will be a COVID-19 patient)..of these, worst case, maybe 100-200 will die (with whatever co-morbidities they have) - but hundreds of thousands of people are having their surgeries, for all manner of other medical issues (some life threatening for sure) cancelled.

It's all to save lives...yeah, right. Some lives are more important than other lives - for propaganda purposes.

Ford Shuts Down Ontario Again

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It's not entirely his fault, he's got his hands tied behind his back in one category, and that was false promises on vaccine delivery, and that wasn't his job, it was the feds. He took the steps to ask the US if they had any surplus of them.

What I think he's dropped the ball on is how he has handled the lock downs, and how the vaccines were distributed.

And overall, this whole mess with vaccines, just goes to show how weak our medical manufacturing power is. I hope this is a wake up call for future governments, we were waiting being on vaccines from being made everywhere else, but here!

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
It's not entirely his fault, he's got his hands tied behind his back in one category, and that was false promises on vaccine delivery, and that wasn't his job, it was the feds. He took the steps to ask the US if they had any surplus of them.

What I think he's dropped the ball on is how he has handled the lock downs, and how the vaccines were distributed.

And overall, this whole mess with vaccines, just goes to show how weak our medical manufacturing power is. I hope this is a wake up call for future governments, we were waiting being on vaccines from being made everywhere else, but here!

As one wise retail executive once told me...Canada is New York City with a distribution problem. Slightly overstated, but generally true.

In other words, Canada just does not have the economies of scale in certain areas to be totally self sufficient (assuming you want competitive pricing). Nor does it have wage rates that are competitive with many regions - including the nearly literal slave wages that are paid in certain Asian jurisdictions.

The real point of the Op is that Premier Ford does not seem to grasp that lockdowns come with costs that, it is increasingly evident, far exceed the benefits.

We live in a world (always have, always will) where certain dangerous bacteria and viruses circulate. A certain percentage of the population will fall victim to these microscopic predators, while the general population develops natural immunity - through exposure to the pathogens.

By locking people normally-resistant people down, forcing them to wear masks, and to limit their contact with other people...we are actually harming our immune systems and reducing our ability (as a species) to develop the herd immunity required to defeat any/all new infectious agents.

I could go on...but suffice it to say, Ford is only listening to one side of the medical argument, and it is not (in my opinion) going to solve the problem. It will, however, increase his personal wealth.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is one of those thread titles where I just self execute on an assumption until I read the context and realize they ain’t talking about Fords new Brakes that’ll curb Covid19 somehow...........

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

No kidding.
I’m in Thunder Bay, since Christmas we’ve been open I think, for 2 weeks total.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

By locking people normally-resistant people down, forcing them to wear masks, and to limit their contact with other people...we are actually harming our immune systems and reducing our ability (as a species) to develop the herd immunity required to defeat any/all new infectious agents.

The data is in, from around the world, full lock downs work with proper planning and procedures put in place for economic relief, dead lines, who is essential, who isn't, etc. But they were done in a sloppy manner in Ontario, or just rather any western nation, except Australia it seems, these new 'lock down' measures are a joke, and for the last few 'Lock downs' we have had, they were useless. It's coming to an end tho, so there really is no point on arguing about it much, the damage has been done.
They better get their A game on for the vaccines, I haven't been affected by it at all, other than my social and family life, but it's becoming a joke and I've seen so many friends lose their jobs and such. Chaos.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have friends just in Canada about 40 miles and their kids live in Michigan. 3 New grand kids in the last year and grandma hasn't seen them. She's getting crazy.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

No kidding.
I’m in Thunder Bay, since Christmas we’ve been open I think, for 2 weeks total.

Wait, wasn't it supposed to be "2 weeks to flatten the curve"?

Instead, it's "50 weeks to flatten the economy and society".

When is everyone going to wake up? This is not about science. It is not about medicine or health. It is about control.

Coming soon...Vaccine Passports. If you haven't received an injection to "protect" you from a virus with a 99+% survival rate, you cannot travel, shop or work.

Don't believe it? Already happening in Israel. To begin in New York State in two days. To be implemented in the EU in June. Biden working on it for the U.S. Trudeau working on it for Canada.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The data is in, from around the world, full lock downs work with proper planning and procedures put in place for economic relief, dead lines, who is essential, who isn't, etc. But they were done in a sloppy manner in Ontario, or just rather any western nation, except Australia it seems, these new 'lock down' measures are a joke, and for the last few 'Lock downs' we have had, they were useless. It's coming to an end tho, so there really is no point on arguing about it much, the damage has been done.
They better get their A game on for the vaccines, I haven't been affected by it at all, other than my social and family life, but it's becoming a joke and I've seen so many friends lose their jobs and such. Chaos.

Well, we could certainly debate this (that "the data is in"), but let's not for the moment.

But, I am telling you, this is nowhere near "coming to an end" - and it is not because this virus is a horrible scourge on the scale of the plague. It is because this relatively mild infectious agent is going to be used as the excuse to subjugate free societies across the glove. In order to travel, trade, shop, work...people will be required to subject themselves to repeated injections of "experimental" genetic treatments.

This situation is far worse than most realize - and it is not because of this coronavirus strain.

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Yup, you could be right, and you're not alone in that category, something will change and come from this. I just can't really make any predictions at this point, you have places like Vietnam and Australia, most British Isles, pretty much all of the Caribbean, with open beaches, and buffets and sporting events, and masks aren't mandatory anymore, they're just a suggestion. So it's a tough call.

Are you in southern ontario, do you listen to AM 640?

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yup, you could be right, and you're not alone in that category, something will change and come from this. I just can't really make any predictions at this point, you have places like Vietnam and Australia, most British Isles, pretty much all of the Caribbean, with open beaches, and buffets and sporting events, and masks aren't mandatory anymore, they're just a suggestion. So it's a tough call.

Are you in southern ontario, do you listen to AM 640?

Yes, in Southern Ontario.

But no to AM 640...not familiar with them...why do you ask?

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

3:00PM weekdays, John Oakley.

You might find his topics and people who call in interesting.

globalnews.ca...

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I have friends just in Canada about 40 miles and their kids live in Michigan. 3 New grand kids in the last year and grandma hasn't seen them. She's getting crazy.

Tragic. This an example of some to the consequences of this extreme reaction to a common occurrence.

My wife lost a parent last year, who resided in another country, and she was not able to go there in the lead up to the passing, in time to see her parent one last time before the final moments, and not able to be with her family to mourn afterward. All because of travel restrictions and quarantine requirements - for what?

We all, I think, have a choice to make between our natural freedoms - and innate humanity - and these governmental dictates, based on something between hysteria and darker agendas.

But time may be running out, for us to be able to express these individual freedoms and expressions. Rapidly increasingly, Governments are dictating to us when we can be with loved ones under even the most extreme of circumstances (including final meetings).

posted on Apr, 1 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
This is one of those thread titles where I just self execute on an assumption until I read the context and realize they ain’t talking about Fords new Brakes that’ll curb Covid19 somehow...........

I thought the same thing, shrugged it off as 2021 Clown World, then read the OP.

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Oh I know.
I read another article that the buffoon, JT was going to implement the vaccine passports.

I told my kids that if they go back to school, and if someone shows up there to vaccine them, you don’t let them.
Perhaps it’s my conspiracy side of mind, but I don’t trust it.
If they release a study after 1 year of patient/vaccine side and after effects, than maybe.
But until there’s some fricken science.... nope!

posted on Apr, 2 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Oh I know.
I read another article that the buffoon, JT was going to implement the vaccine passports.

I told my kids that if they go back to school, and if someone shows up there to vaccine them, you don’t let them.
Perhaps it’s my conspiracy side of mind, but I don’t trust it.
If they release a study after 1 year of patient/vaccine side and after effects, than maybe.
But until there’s some fricken science.... nope!

Bravo!

Trudeau is definitely working on a Canadian version of a Vaccine Passport. I have been in contact with a Member of Parliament who has been fighting against it - but is fighting a real uphill battle.

Canada has the same problem as the U.S. Republicans and Democrats...Liberals and Conservatives. All serving the same corrupting forces who are pulling us all into a borderless totalitarian future. Unless, somehow in some way, the people are jolted awake and fight to take their countries back, we are facing an unrecognizable future.

Is it a coincidence, do you think, that Trudeau used the crazy act of one madman in Eastern Canada to swiftly take away the guns rights of the entire law abiding citizenry...and Biden and the Demoncrats are in the middle of trying to justify a decimation of the 2nd Amendment using the exact same premise?

If some of the medical concerns being expressed (but not ones you will find in the MSM) by highly competent people are even remotely accurate, people eagerly lining up to get their mRNA jabs are eerily reminiscent of people peaceably boarding trains during WWII.
edit on 2-4-2021 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well, apparently the "emergency brake", announced a week ago, just wasn't enough...now King Ford has declared a new "stay at home order" for the Province of Ontario.

The Ontario government has announced the third state of emergency, and issued a four-week stay-at-home order across the province, beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday, April 8.

"There’s no doubt that this third wave has been different from anything we’ve faced so far," Ontario Premier Doug Ford said at a press conference on Wednesday. "The risks are greater and the stakes are higher."

"Folks, please, unless it’s for an essential reason please stay home... We need to limit mobility."

Yes, the Ontario Circus continues with completely arbitrary and unscientific restrictions on access to everyday goods and employment.

Non-essential retailers will operate for curbside pick-up and delivery only, via appointment, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., with delivery of goods permitted between 6:00 am and 9:00 pm

Access to shopping malls will be limited to specified purposes, including access to a designated pickup location inside the shopping mall

Discount and big box stores can only sell essential items: grocery items, pet care supplies, household cleaning supplies, pharmaceutical items, health care items, and personal care items

Outdoor garden centres and plant nurseries can remain open

That's right folks...if you need a new pair of shoes - verboten!! If you want some tulip bulbs - no problem!

If you need a haircut - you are a menace to society!! If you want to pick up a six pack, or some Vodka - have a great night!

If you get an Amazon delivery at 5 PM, your package will be sterile. If you venture onto your porch to pick up your Dominos Pizza at 9:01 PM - you will be swarmed by SAR-CoV-2 viruses, and will not likely live to see the next Holiday that Fuhrer Ford cancels!!

How ludicrous does this have to get before people simply refuse to play this game anymore?

Ford Puts his Boot on Ontario's Neck Again
edit on 7-4-2021 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Here's a snappy little quote from Herr Ford, about how people behaved during last week's "Emergency Brake" edict...

Even though the government's measures left malls open over the Easter weekend, Ford scolded Ontarians for going shopping.

"A lot of people were going into the malls and doing their little wander around and coming out with no bags," Ford said. "I'm sorry, but going to the malls is not essential."

So...even though it was allowable, and people need to shop for clothing, electronics, etc., etc. after the last lockdown...Ford "scolds" people and uses it as justification for tightening the screws even further with a "stay at home" order - for another 4 weeks.

And this guy is supposed to be a Conservative!

new topics

top topics

join