It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is The Narrow Path So Narrow?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What did Jesus ask us to do? Fight? Rebel? Those things would be easy as we are pushed and pulled by controllers into places we don't want to go.
But NO he asked of us one thing, do as he did. That is let them punish and hurt us and STAND DOWN!

THIS IS why the narrow path is both the most difficult and the hardest to both get on and stay on. Every instinct tells us we should fight back and fight for right and truth.

We are played by both sides the darkness and the dark posing as light. We are told by Jesus to be humble, meek and mild, to obey whoever is in charge even if we become slaves and WAIT.

When darkness spreads across the globe (picture a sheet of black oil) we want to stand and try to keep our own area of the world clean and pure and we think we should fight and keep fighting it. But NO the darkness will spread anyway as it is part of God's plan that it finish its dark works before he will fix things so we are hold no power to stop it coming. We fool ourselves and STEP OFF THE NARROW PATH by doing so!

Not many remind me of these things but this guy Mike does along with showing us how much we are lied to, I had no idea how many humans have been protesting in the world until I watch this video. Still the hardest thing to do is stand down, be patient and even unto death let them do what they will to you if it is not a demand to disown Jesus and go against a law of God.

How many can do as we have been asked? The path is very unpopulated.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
A good Christian does not fight authority, they act rational and try to fight it in court. If Christians had faught against the ones running things back then, they would have gone after all Christians and killed them....Christianity was a new religion then, don't make waves if the boat can't handle the waves.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Let men label you as they may, if you alone of all the nation decide one way, and that way be the right way by your convictions of the right, you have done your duty by yourself and by your country, hold up your head for you have nothing to be ashamed of.

It doesn’t matter what the press says. It doesn’t matter what the politicians or the mobs say. It doesn’t matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. Republics are founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe in. no matter the odds or consequences.

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move. Your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and tell the whole world:

“No, you move.”

Mark Twain

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This "abuse me because God says so" doctrine of Christianity is why Christians will become extinct.
edit on 3 30 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This "abuse me because God says so" doctrine of Christianity is why Christians will become extinct.

I don't think Christians will ever become extinct. Ever. For many reasons. But, for me, the main reason is that all men are born into sin and there are none righteous. So, if I, as a Christian, fight back, God knew I was going to sin and sent his son Jesus to save me of my sins. All sins, now and in the future if I become saved. True, once born again, a good Christian doesn't even have a desire for most sins. Some sins, I like to think, are maybe not sins but misunderstandings. If I "misunderstand" and fight back, well, that will be forgiven.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Read Romans.

A clear insertion by a very human and uninspired ruling class. But Christians are supposed to believe that this book is anything but statist garbage using the authority of God to subjugate Christians.

Christians will go extinct. It will be their fault for not knowing how to separate the wheat from the chaff.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Christians will go extinct. It will be their fault for not knowing how to separate the wheat from the chaff.

It's not a Christian's job to separate the wheat from the chaff. God will do that. You better hope you're some wheat when he does the separating.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Unless of course Jesus returns and rewards his "bride" his "body" his "servants" as he said he would.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Wrong.

Romans tells Christians to obey rulers because God put them there.

Romans requires Christians to support tyrannies hostile to the existence of Christians.

God gave the ability to discern so as to not be deceived. Yet here we are arguing how righteous it is to be a victim to tyranny.

Enjoy your extinction.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Time is here I think we are lifting our heads while others dispare.

(Matthew 24:26–31; Mark 13:24–27)

25There will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among the nations, bewildered by the roaring of the sea and the surging of the waves. 26Men will faint from fear and anxiety over what is coming upon the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 When these things begin to happen, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Yes, that’s the point, why we think Jesus will return and His vengeance will be true justice.
This world is not ours, this world is just a short time of pain watching each other hurt each other
Why we want Jesus to return

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

No, Rome didn’t, that is not history
Maybe in your head and your studies that’s history but it isn’t true history
Rome adopted Christianity and then subverted it into a state religion and changed Christian doctrine

The state became “Christian” and manipulated christianity
Constantine stole the faith

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm aware of that. Not sure what you're arguing for here.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yes, that’s the point, why we think Jesus will return and His vengeance will be true justice.
This world is not ours, this world is just a short time of pain watching each other hurt each other

Jesus will return to a grave yard if you stand by and let evil happen.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Romans requires Christians to support tyrannies hostile to the existence of Christians.

No, God told christians to love
Faith in Jesus, love for fellow man over secular or spiritual oppression
You are right, we have failed but in some respect it’s because Jesus message has been lost in all the noise
Like yours

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Jesus will return to a grave yard if you stand by and let evil happen.

Yes He will, that’s the point.
Did you ever watch Hacksaw Ridge
Not called to kill, called to love
Fortunately, the Christian population is so small it won’t be noticed

Revelations, blood as deep as a horses bridle, it’s coming
I can’t change people, I can help them

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

This is why I can never be a Christian.

Standing by and letting evil consume the world because you're waiting for the messiah to clean up your mess isn't a virtue. It's cowardice. That's all it is.

I'm not impressed.

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'm aware of that. Not sure what you're arguing for here.

It wasn’t Romans’ telling christians, it was christians telling christians
Stolen from under our noses by a state and turned into a dog of war

Kinda, sort of what you are advocating - no?
Fight, stand up, be the difference?

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I can certainly understand why you feel that way

posted on Mar, 30 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

This is why I can never be a Christian.

Standing by and letting evil consume the world because you're waiting for the messiah to clean up your mess isn't a virtue. It's cowardice. That's all it is.

I'm not impressed.

But you see that is exactly what Jesus Christ did for us.
Do you think it was easy for him to let himself be tortured and beat unrecognizable as the bible says he was

He did this for us and he asked us to follow in his footsteps, God has a reason for the thing we are asked to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join