It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat Burglary.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Do I really have to do an introduction, it will take away from the news article. I guess a cat burglary in the Copper Country is a serious crime.

www.keweenawreport.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

He had woken up to a gun pointed at his head. The man holding the weapon is believed to have known the homeowner. The robber was demanding the two cats that live at the residence. He took one before leaving.

Damn crazy people.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

He had woken up to a gun pointed at his head. The man holding the weapon is believed to have known the homeowner. The robber was demanding the two cats that live at the residence. He took one before leaving.

Damn crazy people.

His wife made him do it.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Some people have all the luck.

If the robber wants to swing by my place I'll throw in some cat food, kitty litter, and gas money.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What the heck kind of cats did the guy have? Maybe Main Coones? Those baby's have doubled in price recently.

Glad they caught the idiot.

You dang crazy Yuppers!
LOL

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Considering the rewards pet owners themselves have long advertised, the kidnapping of pets is probably not unheard of, although in South Africa this has mostly concerned dogs kidnapped for dog fighting.

But, crime trends change.
Indeed medical or other pet insurance adverts are common these days.
Although not quite classed as "dependents" yet, companion animals are family to many pet owners.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I just seen an article about this a half hour or so ago and had sent the link to my sisters. As we all are avid animal lovers, have kitties and live in MI. We were all just like WTH. The article states that it's believed that the "cat burglar" knew the owner but still, what an odd thing to do.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I'm in Maine- two of the three cats I call family are coon mutts.

Over 20lbs each, and one of them isn't even chunky... Just a big cat.

Someone tries to steal them they'll have more than my attitude to worry about! It's not easy to force a cat that big to do anything it doesn't want to do.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Katatonik
My theory is that he was a desperate neighbour who couldn't think of any other way to stop them invading his own garden and digging up plants or trrying to catch his bird visitors.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Very plausible, didn't even think of that! Definitely makes sense though, I know I have had neighbors that are very meticulous about their lawns/property.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Katatonik
My theory is that he was a desperate neighbour who couldn't think of any other way to stop them invading his own garden and digging up plants or trrying to catch his bird visitors.

The guy who took the cat is from Calumet, the cat was catnapped from Laurium. Those cities are across the highway from each other. Someone from Calumet doing that crime....I can see that happening, but Laurium tends to have less nutty people than Calumet has. Must be something in the water...alcohol is the probable culprit.

new topics

top topics

join