It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw a UFO Last Night -- Super Boring

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Are you suggesting a kind of alien "pimp my ride" sort of thing?

I can just see the design team now, having just finished with the mind bending space age materials that can withstand warp speed forces achieved by a truly brain busting propulsion system, thinking ......... hmmmmm yeah bling.

Nah, not a pimp my ride sort of thing, more of a courtesy to let their buddies know where they are in the sky. I doubt they care when humans see them in the sky.

Just like human made aircraft are required to have lights on them, for safety purposes.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Definitely nothing spectacular. In fact, it took me a while to even figure out that it even was a UFO. Flying pretty much over my back yard about 8 pm, east-northeast. Thought at first it was a satellite, then maybe a bright, bluish star or a helicopter or drone. Maybe an airplane coming in with landing lights on. But as it passed over, I didn't see any distinct navigation lights. Nothing but the bright light than never really dimmed from any angle. Listened very closely for a sound. None. Got my monocular out of the garage in time to look at it, but it revealed basically nothing because it was just too bright. Eventually continued on its way. Los Angeles is one of the most busy air spaces in the world, and I've seen plenty of airplanes and drones and balloons of all kinds, but I don't really know what it was. Unidentified by definition.

Bold aliens. Don't even bother to hide anymore flying over one of the biggest cities in the world. Nobody even notices.

Doesn't sound extraterrestrial.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

So it was just a light you saw despite whatever direction it was travelling, it wasn't just the front landing light drowning out the nav lights ?

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
S&F just for the hilarious title

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Doesn't sound extraterrestrial.

Blue Shift didn't say it was - unidentified was the term - the last couple of lines obviously tongue in cheek.

UFO doesn't have to equate to ET.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: chunder

So it was just a light you saw despite whatever direction it was travelling, it wasn't just the front landing light drowning out the nav lights ?

I considered that, but as I said, the light didn't change when it passed overhead and continued east. It just stayed bright. Occasionally the wind changes near my house and I get planes coming in right over my house to land, and yeah, they're bright at first when they're approaching, but once the plane is over you can make out the rest of the body and the navigation lights and all that other jazz. And you can hear it nice and clearly. Not with this thing. I've seen the "string of pearls" of airplanes coming in for a landing at LAX, as well as the similar planes coming in from over Westlake Village to land at Burbank. I purposely waited to see if it would become more obvious as the thing went over. Didn't happen.

As it continued east, there actually was a slow-moving police helicopter in the distance at a slightly lower altitude and it blinked like a pinball machine. The two were obviously quite different. I don't know what it was.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
Where is the ultra zoomed in shaky youtube video accompanied by the innevitable "Oh my god, what is that?, What is that?, oh my God".

I considered taking a video of it, but it would have been pointless. It wouldn't have shown anything but a small bright, jittery light (if I was lucky). We've all seen way too many of those. But I did make this meme:

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

We are better at detecting them and now pose a threat to them.

So do they really want to come close.

Even Lonny Zamora seemed to have startled the crew of the landed craft he saw so they are quite afraid of us, well he was a police officer and did have a sidearm which he never brandished at them.

They are probably breaking some kind of Law or rule if they are coming here without a Global government's consent because we are a sentient race and there are other native being's with varying levels of lower sentience that also call this world home and that makes this an occupied world with a dominant indigenous race and several other lesser species that may be covered by any such law, the alleged signing of a treatise by the US and possibly Russia just does not count as they are nations and were NEVER a world Government.

That said through history there have been battles between UFO's and far more times than these anecdotal account's may suggest.
www.ufointernationalproject.com...
www.ancient-origins.net...
www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...

But on other occasions they have seemingly affected the outcome of human history, Alexander the great's army were besieging the city of Tyre and could not break it's defences so were on the verge of giving up when some golden or shining shields flew over, struck the city wall with lightning and broke a huge hole into the city that his army were then able to use to take Tyre.
Likewise but different two more shields stopped his army in it's tracks at a river and prevented Alexander from entering India.

Then there are other account's such as this strange tale of a woman in a floating coracle like or even UFO like vessel found by Japanese fishermen, believing her to be bringing bad luck they later apparently put her back in the sea but I don't know if that mean's they put her back in her little capsule or just dumped the poor creature over board, now given the description of her craft she could have been from another nation and just been washed out to sea BUT to someone with no other cultural reference to draw upon when describing it they may describe foreign materials that they have no other way of describing as wood like, indeed for all we know some of those craft craft could use organically grown and crystalline materials in there construction.

Then there are many legend's of battles between various deity's and of course the infamous and very mysterious but I have no doubt very real Siberian Cauldron's.
These things despite appearing almost UFO like are said to appear out of the ground at times and are claimed to be some sort of ancient defence weapon of some kind.
timefordisclosure.com...

Then of course there are a number of UFO crashes in more recent history but still predating Roswell.
Aurora Texas
anomalien.com...
and of course the Tunguska Event.

Of course thousands of years ago the Dropa crashed in what is today part of China and may have interbred - somehow unless they are or were actually related to humanity which then poses the question are we native to this planet - with the local population.

It seems that for one reason or another our world has been a very busy place over the ages.

Somebody know a lot more than we will ever know.

posted on Mar, 19 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You might well have seen the ISS flying over. If you choose to post the exact time and your location, I will research that for you. I totally understand if you don't wish to do that.

I have seen objects that shocked my system to the core three times in my life. They will never be forgotten. Maybe you are made of different stuff than me, but I would never have characterized them as "boring". Something that appears to be unconventional in its movement or general appearance is a life-changing event. I hope that you have had a life-changing event, because I wish that for everyone.

If it was travelling on a consistent vector without apparent deviation in direction or intensity of brightness, except at the end of visibility, then it was likely a satellite or the ISS. I love to watch the ISS. I think it is so wonderous that people are riding around in this cylinder that has such a regular trajectory that we can predict its exact movements over or near any place on the Earth. The ISS, clipping along at a zippy 17,500 mph is looking down on us, as we look up at them, and I hope someday before I die, I will be able to travel above the Earth and see the beauty of space.

You could do worse than having seen the ISS. You know what? the KNOWN object, the ISS is not boring. Celestial objects are never boring.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Was there any accompanying "strangeness" - when you first saw it did you immediately think there was something not right about it ?

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Ho hum...just another UFO --- LOL...

Sometimes I wonder when it's going to get boring for me to watch bald eagles flying around in our skies...much less a foo fighter of some sort doing the same thing.

Here's a link that y'all might be interested in: Happening to do with plasma shrouded star ships --- "Shields for the Starship Enterprise" --- with the plasma being contained by a mini magnetosphere.

www.academic.oup.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chunder

Was there any accompanying "strangeness" - when you first saw it did you immediately think there was something not right about it ?

No. Not this time. It was just a light that flew over and away.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

So, unidentified. By you. A UFO indeed.

You are a member of club with a non-zero membership. Me too.

I've seen a few lights in the sky which I ended up identifying. Didn't take a whole lot of effort. But there's still that one that strobed a few times in one spot. No idea what it was. No reason to think it was of another world.

edit on 3/20/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

You might well have seen the ISS flying over. [...]
You could do worse than having seen the ISS. You know what? the KNOWN object, the ISS is not boring. Celestial objects are never boring.

I considered that. Way too bright, for one. Not arc welder bright, but bluish maybe 3-4 times brighter than Sirius, which is the general direction it came from. It was also flying under a patchy cloud cover I would very roughly estimate at 10K-12K feet. So not exactly celestial. My first thought was helicopter, then small private jet on landing approach. But no, just a silent light, even looking at it through my monocular.

It was probably something mundane because that's what 99+ percent of things flying around are. But when I tried to figure out what it actually was, I couldn't. So, unidentified.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So, unidentified. By you. A UFO indeed.

You are a member of club with a non-zero membership. Me too.

I've seen a few lights in the sky which I ended up identifying. Didn't take a whole lot of effort. But there's still that one that strobed a few times in one spot. No idea what it was. No reason to think it was of another world.

Nope. No aliens required. Just odd. I tried to figure it out, but couldn't. So I posted it here. As I indicated, super boring.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   

3-4 times brighter than Sirius

Sirius is magnitude -1.5.
The ISS can reach magnitude -3.0 or more.

That is 4 times brighter. Brightness would not seem to be a problem here.

rechneronline.de...
edit on 3/20/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

3-4 times brighter than Sirius

Sirius is magnitude -1.5.
The ISS can reach magnitude -3.0 or more.

That is 4 times brighter. Brightness would not seem to be a problem here.

rechneronline.de...

I would not use my estimate of brightness to do any kind of calculation.

posted on Mar, 20 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   

You made the comparison to Sirius.

The point is, the ISS is very bright at times. Very bright. Much brighter than the brightest star in the night sky.

posted on Mar, 21 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I've seen UFO's. I just got to the point where I said their up there and I'm down here and there's nothing I can do about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join