It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitch McConnell working on leaving the Senate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Caution: Not the MudPit

We all know everyone in Congress is corrupt as Hell. I think Ol' Mitch is bailing to save his wife a Long Long stretch in jail.

Full Article Title - Report: Mitch McConnell working on leaving the Senate before his term is overA new report from The Intercept presents strong evidence that Mitch McConnell is preparing to leave office before his Senate term expires. Coincidentally or not, this report closely follows release of a report by the Department of Transportation’s Inspector General stating that McConnel’s wife, Elaine Chao, used her office staff to promote her wealthy family’s shipping interests, and could face federal prosecution.

Currently, if Senate Minority Leader McConnell were to leave his Senate seat, his successor would be named by Kentucky’s Governor Andrew Beshear, a Democrat, leaving wide open the possibility of handing an actual 51-49 Senate majority to Chuck Schumer, and liberating Kamala Harris from her role as a tiebreaker and freeing her to take over more duties from fading Joe Biden. According to The Intercept, McConnell is working closely with the Kentucky legislature to change the manner in which a successor is chosen.

While serving as transportation secretary during the Trump administration, Elaine Chao repeatedly used her office staff to help family members who run a shipping business with extensive ties to China, a report released Wednesday by the Transportation Department’s inspector general concluded.

The inspector general referred the matter to the Justice Department in December for possible criminal investigation. But in the weeks before the end of Trump administration, two Justice Department divisions declined to do so.
Trump's not in office anymore. Wonder what the Statute of Limitations is? I don't really know anyone who 'likes' Mitch. Some people respect his understanding of the Senate. I won't miss him if he folds his tent. Gonna laff if his wife gets a term in the slammer.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Caution: Not the MudPit

But why, WHY OH WHY?

#DitchMitch

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Oh hell, the strategic planning. A chess match in the 4th dimension. McConnell or a democrat what a choice?

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Bye Mitch. Don't let the door hit ya.

Hopefully, he and his "wife" both see a stretch in jail.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

A humble question.

Why should I support law and order when our representatives don't?

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A humble question.

Why should I support law and order when our representatives don't?

I keep asking the same thing. Never get an answer.

I'm beginning to think the people who taught us, "Crime doesn't pay." were a bunch of liars.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Cocaine Mitch has done his part for his own wealth and his chinese handlers... now he can go relax, his time served for the CCP is now done.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Chao, Mitch.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Hopefully, he and his "wife" both see a stretch in jail.

I'll be shocked if there are any consequences for those crooks.

If the average citizen does these things, that citizen commited a crime. They broke the law and they're punished.
When a politician does it, the politician "acted improperly" or "engaged in suspected unethical behavior". There's an "investigation", which usually concludes with something like "the attorney general's office and the inspector general did not find any solid evidence of ethics violations", while the politician laughs all the way to the bank.
In other words, politics as usual.

edit on 5-3-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Oh hell, the strategic planning. A chess match in the 4th dimension. McConnell or a democrat what a choice?

McConnell is a democrat in republican clothing anyway. At least if they appoint a dem to replace him we'll know what we're getting. It's gotta be better than Benedict Mitch.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Right. Justice matters and all that.

although it's unlikely he will be moved to prison as the term can be served under conditions such as house arrest.

... or as we lockdowners use to call it: Freedom.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Democrats will expose Mitch's dirty family laundry, pushing him out anyway.

Something the few scandal-free Republicans should have done to Feinstein, Pelosi, Waters, Swalwell, Et al, years ago.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Nickn3

McConnell is a democrat in republican clothing anyway. At least if they appoint a dem to replace him we'll know what we're getting. It's gotta be better than Benedict Mitch.

Let's hope no Supreme Court vacancies occur before the Senate is back in Republican hands.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So which will happen first: Mitch leaves or the people finally get the rest ($1400) that Trump called for back in October?

I’m going to say $1400. Because Mitch is going to drag his feet packing his cardboard box of office junk.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The payoff banquet will have a full dinner menu 🐡🎩

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Not surprising but disappointing since this is close to the left having total control. If they can eliminate the filibuster I would imagine unconstitutional bills HR127 and HR1 would be passed. The Supreme Court would be packed so there would be a dem majority by the time the legal challenges get there. The thing that amazes me most are the idiots cheering this on thinking this communist takeover will somehow be different than the others.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Lock 'em all up.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

McConnell is working closely with the Kentucky legislature to change the manner in which a successor is chosen.

THIS ^^^ is the real story here. Mitch's exit is so imminent, that the state legislators are scrambling to change the law, so that the governor, who is a Democrat, can't appoint Mitch's successor.

It's a blatantly desperate power grab, on the part of the GOP. However, I have always had a problem with states with laws that let the governor appoint congressional successors. I think it should go to the party of the congressperson being replaced, until a special election is held.

That being said, I think Mitch got a visit from the same Fairy God Mother that visited Romney, Harry Reid and all the other "Black Eye Club" members.

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Dems love blatant power grabs, whats the problem?

posted on Mar, 5 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
That being said, I think Mitch got a visit from the same Fairy God Mother that visited Romney, Harry Reid and all the other "Black Eye Club" members.

Doesn't it just make ya wonder? I wish someone would start the Knock-Your-Teeth-Down-Your-Throat Club.

Kentucky's gubernatorial race was suspect. Pretty sure it was a test run to knock Trump off. I mean ... the entire state voted Republican ... except for Beshear(D). How in-your-face can it get?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join