It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Main Stream Media Slant - Sharyl Attkisson destroys their narratives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

So much ownership in this presentation...I'd love to hear from any that may be critical of her findings...(of course you would be a misogynist if you do).
Everything one thought was wrong with the media bias and was afraid to discover.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
in the event this isn't playing...www.youtube.com... may get you there...if YT will allow.
edit on 4-3-2021 by Zrtst because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

in the beginning she was part of the swamp - at cnn. then she freed herself from all shackles and became a conspiracy theorist (but without an academic degree). then she published stories attempting to link vaccines with autism, a position rejected by the scientific community. seth mnookin, professor of science writing at the massachusetts institute of technology, described attkisson as "one of the least responsible mainstream journalists covering vaccines and autism. again and again, she's parroted anti-vaccine rhetoric long past the point that it's been decisively disproved."

the lady surely has an account here at ats.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Hmm.😒

She talks a lot of facts. She's definitely a white supremacist.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo
That's awesome! It really helps her credentials when 1) no academic degree (I didn't fact-check this) and 2) rejected from the scientific academic community (that has been usurped by NWO politicians and msm)
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

she published stories attempting to link vaccines with autism, a position rejected by the scientific community. 

Science has an inside secret: we fail all the time. 

Science is only fact until someone proves it wrong...

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Attack the person and not the information they presented. Typical......

It's an hour long presentation and she shows quite a few examples of how the state run media just makes up stuff and flat out lies.
edit on 4-3-2021 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The irony of said member calling a former CNN employee as part of the swamp is baffling considering they parrot almost everything CNN says on an almost daily basis.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Hmm.😒

She talks a lot of facts. She's definitely a white supremacist.

From what I am hearing recently, anyone that has used math is considered a racist now.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Video is a bit long, but she does a bang up job of exposing all the fake news. She is literally putting up their own articles exposing the bias. It really is quite shocking how the MSM has turned into nothing but a propaganda arm of the left.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It's a sad state of affairs when the political party that runs on the premise that they represent your rights expects you to fail all the time.

Democrats are like an abusive gaslighting spouse.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

You also have an account on ATS.

So......?

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

edit on 432021 by Wide-Eyes because: Self mod but lol, I missed that!

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The vid:

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I feel like its important to understand that there is no "destroying" the narrative.

Itd be like saying "intellectual DESTROYS Neuromancer by William Gibson with FACTS."

Sure.. It might make for a somewhat interesting YouTube video, but its kind of meaningless beyond that.

The people who buy into it, do so completely. And, those who would be swayed by dissenting perspectives already question most of it anyway.

Its an all-or-nothing type'o'deal. Anything outside of the "mainstream narrative" is discarded and dismissed before its even thought about by those that would share it.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

The media has trained them well.

By associating anyone asking questions with extremists, conspiracies and nutters, people are afraid to even look at alternatives to the mainstream.

It reminds me of a bunch of prisoners attacking the person who came to let them out.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Attack the person and not the information they presented. Typical......

It's an hour long presentation and she shows quite a few examples of how the state run media just makes up stuff and flat out lies.

everyone lies. the mass media certainly don't have that exclusively. but most people are decent and honest within the bounds of their possibilities.

i simply questioned the internet about her. and watched the video in parts.

she compares trump and obama. when it comes to internet articles about lying. she discovers that trump has millons more hits than obama. her conclusion: it's a campaign, controlled by the mass media. question: has internet changed since obama's presidency ended? has social media changed? can't it be that trump is actually so unpopular and that's why there are much more negative reports about him than about obama? then she talks about the left and i was out. she basically names everyone 'the left' who doesn't think like her. i'm not a leftist. biden is definitely not a leftist. if you look at it politically. she's idiologically blinded. in my opinion.

but of course she's right when she says there's poor journalism. bad research. or just ideologically blinded, radical at heart. but if you know the internet, the mechanism, you can definitely distinguish between propaganda, lies and incitement. not always of course. among journalists there are assholes, crooks, everything you can imagine. but most of them do good objective work.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A very important subject and a decent presentation by a rare journalist.

This is not a partisan subject. This relates to our autonomy (such as it is). Accurate information is important if one desires some freedom. Propaganda used to be different from journalism.

Propaganda is not okay ...even if one happens to agree with the goals behind the propaganda.

new topics

top topics

join