It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Warns Members Joe Biden ‘Extreme Gun Control’ Measures Coming

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I'm beginning to see that Cancel Culture was carefully orchestrated by people running our governments.

The NRA is citing “DC sources” and warning that Congress could take up President Joe Biden’s gun control proposals as early as next week.

🚨BREAKING: Sources in DC report that Congress will be voting on Biden’s extreme gun control legislation as early as next week.
Possible that they will bypass committee process.
Stay tuned, NRA members.
— NRA (@NRA) March 1, 2021

Current controls available to Congress include Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee’s (D-TX) H.R. 125 and H.R. 127. Combined, the bills call for licensing of all gun owners, psychological evaluations for gun owners, mandatory liability insurance for gun owners, the registration of all firearms, the registration of all ammunition, and a seven-day waiting period on all semiautomatic firearms purchases, among other things.
I don't know how these bills are going to do when they're brought to a vote. Perhaps they'll use Dominion for that purpose. -chuckle

What I do know is that this is an infringement. The problem: No one has defined the penalties for infringement. I think the first penalty to be imposed should be stripping the offender's citizenship. I doubt anyone would ever be foolish enough to propose another gun law thereafter.

edit on 332021 by Snarl because: Link-a-Dink

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The NRA is a corrupt lobbying organization and doesn't care about our rights, only advocating for firearms manufacturers. There is a very conservative Supreme Court which will assuredly strike this law down while it sits in an injunction if it passes.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You are correct in your assessment but it still does not invalidate the warning.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
The NRA is a corrupt lobbying organization

Our side needs a little corruption to fight back with.

edit on 332021 by Snarl because: boogaloo

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Could some of the gun control advocates tell me what part of " The Right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed " you don't understand ?
Do you think the gangbangers and drug dealers are going to suddenly say "Oh, they passed another law, guess we better stop shooting people ". If you actually believe that, take a stroll through the South side of Chicago at midnight.
Gun control laws only affect those of us who obey the law.

edit on 3-3-2021 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Do you think the gangbangers and drug dealers are going to suddenly say "Oh, they passed another law, guess we better stop shooting people ".

It'll be safe to put away our guns ... when the cops (and other security folk) no longer carry.

"Let the government lead by example," I say.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
You are correct in your assessment but it still does not invalidate the warning.

I addressed their 'warning', it's more Chicken Little bull****.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Our side needs a little corruption to fight back with.

Yeah, except their corrupt behavior is used for self enrichment and hush money.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
it's more Chicken Little bull****.

It still meets the definition of Infringement. Even if you say it's only 'proposed' the framers of these laws should be charged with conspiring to commit (a felony). We also put people in jail for attempted things ... like murder.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Sounds like the NRA needs to pay for their recent legal troubles. Not to mention their move to Texas.

"Quick the evil Libs are coming for your guns! We're 100% serious this time! If you just give us a few hundred dollars we can make it all go away. We pinkie swear that we're not going to steal your money this time."

At this point the NRA is pretty much the Alex Jones of lobbying groups.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
We pinkie swear that we're not going to steal your money this time."

All donations are eventually 'stolen'. What's your point?

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

It's only infringement if it passes and there is no injunctive relief.

I frankly want it to pass so it gets struck down.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   
These are Biden's words.

"commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets."

That's called infringement.

Who gets to define "assault weapon"?
How about "high capacity"?
This would also place every manufacturer of firearms out of business with litigation costs.

This is clearly a violation of the 2nd.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I posted a thread about this very proposal a while back and I realize it's Jackson Lee, who is basically a Liberal nutjob and this has no chance of passing, but that's not the point. They are representing We The People and should be upholding the Constitution they swore to defend, not trying to infringe on it.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yes, as an infringement, revocation of citizenship should come first. Then exile should follow. Until we start getting serious about this, they will just keep doing it in more devious ways.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   
For the record, I lost all of my guns in a boating accident.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: willzilla

Trump had a number of his proposals blocked due to being unconstitutional. Do you believe he should be exiled?

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Trump had a number of his proposals blocked due to being unconstitutional. Do you believe he should be exiled?

"But he has been!"

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This is a way to pice low income people out of the ability to buy guns and protect themselves, soon the only people able to afford all the red tape of gun ownership will be the rich.

Which is exactly what democrats want, gated communities and armed guards for the rich, and border less country’s where only criminals have guns for everyone else.

I’ve literally seen Dems on here argue that having a gun to protect your family from a violent criminal is an “unfair advantage” like protecting your family is a game that must be fair for all players, and that if someone breaks into your home in the middle of the night for unknown reasons that you should just comply and let them do whatever they want because the protection of your innocent family it’s not worth the taking of a guilty criminals life.

You Dems and leftist are all naive retards.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I’m going to start putting $1 in a jar every time the right-wing says the left-wing is coming for the guns.

Sure, it’s obvious a lot of lefties would love to, but this story’s been told a few times before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join