It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have 20 grand cash to buy a vehicle guide me ats

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Probably a waste of time but here goes.

Buy a one owner Toyota (not from a dealer from the org owner) of the type you want in your price range. Have it checked out by a mech shop you trust. Then maintain the vehicle to manufacture spec. Buying a used vehicle is a crap shoot this plan is your best bet.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Just need the drivetrain and sequential gearbox, everything else is either at R5 or better than R5 spec. Dumping that much WHP to a FWD however, even with a proper diff, uprated axels, and wide super sticky tires just torque steers the heck out of you. I've been looking at a AWD kit with sequential shift for a while now, just need the cash to throw at it.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Anyone who thinks spending $20,000 on something just because the money is there has not realised the possibilities along the way that have been missed.

Buy anything, use it, buy another "whatever' and repeat.

Or buy what you NEED and then instantly create new opportunities at the moment to outweigh the negatives of not having the luxuries of what are just conveniences.

A lazy mind is never complete in the inside or outside world.

A complete mind tries to accept everything to have the biggest recipe book it can.

Then lives with it all because there are no fears lurking out there or in there.

Wanna bake a cake?

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Interesting! I'm more Nissan sided (no hate towards other brands), my question comes from technical interest.

You write it doesn't grip until third but a larger turbo setup would make you more comfortable. May I ask you the current torque and tire sizes? Consider all the supporting mods like bigger injectors or a second fuel gallery if you go crazy (I did)... because meager chambers and high boost... pistons are going to be like ......"ciao"

At that level, I would start ripping out the ECU and get a free programmable one, rip out the mechanic throttle system and replace with actuated. Gives you nice stuff like rolling boost and other mean things. I have a sequential gearbox with load cell and need to tell the confusor to disable anti knock and stuff so the bang from the shift won't end in a fuel cut or worse.

My RB30DET (for simplicity, let's say RB30DET..) is almost mapped in, it's not easy alone but I map it on the streets... because I need the different load conditions to really get the juice into it.

Add: Before all that, check the chambers and look if the honing pattern on the cylinder walls is still visible. That's super imortant! If not I would not put too much boost into the engine.
edit on 2.3.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

People are so angry I have this cash. 😊

I was given this money to buy a vehicle.

I was given this money so I can drive around my mom who is almost not with us any longer.

I was given this money so I could drive up a state and pick up my kids.

Jeez. Sometimes one just gets fortunate and catches a break.

No worries tho. Nobody can break my never say die good mood. I have been happy for weeks. Life has good things planned for me.

🤙🤙🤙
edit on 2-3-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Chinese hot pot

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
People are so angry I have this cash.

I say you spend it all on truffles, foie gras and d'Yquem.

I'll be there to help with your problem once you do.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The member wrote that it is a good idea to make the most out of it, I was about to write something similar but did not in the end. Nerbot's advice is a good one.

The circumstances you described change it of course, now it makes sense, that's different. It could be rude towards the one that generously gave you the money. Misunderstanding aboard.

Add to the topic: If you buy Subaru, chances are you get a boxer engine, keep in mind these are special engines that not every shop is confident around. Subaru are great cars, their AWD system is great in the snow and colder regions.

Second addition to my post:
Buy a German car!

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No problems. I got rid of the devol kitchen and moved south. I can’t remember ever feeling so free and happy and light in spirit.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Yeah I would prefer a larger turbo, but would need AWD to be comfortable with it. It's already been swapped once to a slightly larger turbo that still has a usable power band.

Tires are 255/40ZR17 on a 17x9 wheel, so good contact overall. As for torque I would have to find my last dyno, but it was in the range of 360-370 at the wheels. ECU has been tuned by Stratified for an E30 blend. If I want to move up in the world I would need to either go 5th injector or aux fuel rail, both of which I've considered along with methanol injection.

Max boost is 32 PSI with normal running around 26 PSI to keep the turbo happy. There's a lot more that I could do to it, I just wasn't looking to run a widebody kit for a larger wheelbase unless I needed it, since I don't drag the thing being able to hook from a dig is less of a concern.

What are you running the RB in? Helped a buddy of mine rebuild an RB for his R32 Skyline, thing is an absolute beast. No real ragging on brands for me, I think all of them at least have 1-2 good cars available.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Jeez. Sometimes one just gets fortunate and catches a break.

Don't confuse good fortune with luck. One comes from a good choice and one comes from good choice of a choice.

A move in chess always depends on the board and the pieces, not the piece being moved.

The choices available depend on the next move regardless of side.

I like playing chess with others who have the same colour as me and a reminder of something else they don't use unless they have to.

We all end up with extra pieces because cheating isn't neccessary when all the moves have been made and there is just one black peice on a comletely white board.

The word "checkmate" thus becomes "mate" with both side winning, because who is the black piece?

Irrelevant.

Two things the same but equal and opposite at the same time.

Human.

Quantum.

"I" = two points joined by a line.

Remove the line as it needs not exist = . .

. . = origin and viewpoint.

=

everything.

Big Bang....

"moment"

I just realised why I never felt the need to change my avatar.

And after that.....why my signature was created to reflect from here to when it was put there.

Or have I just realised that I put this here because without that from there TO here FROM there.............

.............In A Galaxy, Far, far away...

edit on 2/3/2021 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Chess sucks terrible analogy.

You need to play the game of go

Look at my avatar

I have tons of resources if you would like to learn to play.

That goes for anyone who is interested.

Watch this funny review here. Go is beautiful

Learn to play go

Play go here

I appreciate the feedback tho. I learned to play chess at age 3.

I wish it would have been go.
edit on 2-3-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Habanero salsa

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

255s soumd good, I asked because it read like you have a grip issue. The FiestaSTis FWD?

I run it in an r33 GTR chassis. Sleeved close deck, copper mod, vcam. The vcam cost me some nerves but got it figured out. settled around 800-900whp. Everything above 900 and chances are cylinder wall 3 to 4 cracks.

I roll 285/30/18" semi and all four tires light up without boost by gear. I recommend an equal length downpipe for the rocketry sound.

Your friend won't regret. If you are interested how it could sound, send me a pm or yt

Season is starting

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Haven't driven that model Subaru, but have driven the Forrester & a wagon. Both sucked on gas, both altho very well built, heavy as af. I drive rural roads with not much winter maintenance, springs running across them, no streetlights, very hilly & tons of wildlife just to keep it all exciting.

Mechanical has been less expensive on the Outlander than the Subaru in my area. The 4wd rocked it on ice (going slow per common sense) an kills it in the snow. I still commute to work so dependable bad condition drivability is a must.

Everyone has their preference & the long term operating cost of the Subaru brand was one of my deciding factors.
My family members either have Subaru's or Volvo's except for one outlier who's driving an antique Range Rover.

Like it's already been said.
Whatever vehicle meets your needs & fits your price point is the right one.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Buy a used Honda
Take to mechanic
Fix what you need
Save the rest

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I saw someone mention the XC90, if you go that route, avoid the V8, it's an awesome engine made by Yamaha, but it's expensive as hell to maintain.

Honestly, if you want a really comfortable luxury SUV, go for the XC60 around 2012, and get the 3.2 engine. It's the last of Volvos fantastic white six engine. The T6 model is turbo, but for long term reliability, stick with the 3.2 non turbo engine.

I know I said stick with Japanese earlier, but the overall quality feel interior, seat comfort and standard equipment is hard to beat from a Volvo.

Alternatively, the CX5 is BY FAR the nicest midsize Japanese SUV currently on sale. The interior feels straight Mercedes or Audi. We have a 2019 currently and it blows the RAV4 and CRV away, we looked at everything on the market, and the 2017+ styling is the best in the segment, interior amazing, handling feels like a car, quiet, smooth, no rattles. The current RAV4 has a fisher-price plastic interior and feels like a 90's pickup truck. Defininitely geared more for the offroad market.

Mazda interior: cars.usnews.com...

20k will get you a really nice 2017 or 2018 CX-5

Last, don't forget the Toyota Venza. It's basically a taller, stylish wagonish wedge with a damn nice interior.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Yo, thank you. Looking at the mazda cx5 now. Sweet thank you

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I like this mazda cx5 🤙

Looks nice

Interior is super sweet. Im definitely taking this car out
edit on 3-3-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

My ex gf just bought a 2020 jeep Cherokee. It’s an ok vehicle.

The electronics and interface suuuuuck tho

I know that jeep merged with fiat or whatever garbage merger happened. I know that they use the fiat “carriage” (dont know the name) on the compass (which sux).

I feel to stay away from jeep now

But saying that. I know nothing about the renegade

Thats sucks

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I just bought a kia 2021 Sportage. My niece bought 2020 hyundai santa fe. I used carpal.com to negotiate a great deal for me. They used two other dealerships from TN n NC to leverage the deal.

The owner of carpal.com was at the closing with us via phone to stop anything hinky from going on. I will never buy another car without Lindsay and her team at carpal. I get nothing, but satisfaction in sending someone to them.

Go it alone and best of luck to you or use carpal and you don't need luck! Tell them Christina n Sarah sent you if you want Lindsay to do your deal. They work nationally. Have fun!

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Let's all take a break and enjoy this classic

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join