It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhattan Prosecutor Gets Trump Tax Records After Long Fight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Careful: Not the MudPit

This is just sad if you ask me.

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York prosecutor has obtained copies of Donald Trump’s tax records after the Supreme Court this week rejected the former president’s last-ditch effort to prevent them from being handed over. The Manhattan district attorney’s office enforced a subpoena on Trump’s accounting firm within hours of the Supreme Court’s ruling on Monday and now has the documents in hand, a spokesperson for the office, Danny Frost, said Thursday. District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr. had been fighting for a year and a half for access to Trump’s tax records for a criminal grand jury investigation into his business dealings. The documents are protected by grand jury secrecy rules and are not expected to be made public.

Vance, a Democrat, is conducting a wide-ranging investigation that includes an examination of whether Trump or his businesses lied about the value of assets to gain favorable loan terms and tax benefits. The district attorney is also scrutinizing hush-money payments paid to women on Trump’s behalf. Vance’s office issued a subpoena to Trump’s accounting firm, Mazars USA, in August 2019 seeking eight years of his tax returns and related documents.
I truly hope the Manhattan DA's office does something extraordinarily stoopid (like letting these leak) so Trump can sue them for everything the New York taxpayer is worth.
edit on 2522021 by Snarl because: Link-a-Dink

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I truly hope the Manhattan DA's office does something extraordinarily stoopid (like letting these leak) so Trump can sue them for everything the New York taxpayer is worth.

If the Grand Jury indicts Trump, which isn't difficult to get them to do as we all know, they'll end up being public record so I'd be surprised if they leaked them ahead of time.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
If the Grand Jury indicts Trump

Time will tell.

If they're leaked though, there might be Hell to pay.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Its obvious the establishment/deep state/call it what you want are here to make an example out of Trump.. They want him broke, they want him charged with crimes, they want him crippled and they want anyone with any connection to him to be destroyed too.. They want to make sure no one thinks twice of being the 'next' Trump 2.0

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

And if the allegations of bank fraud and tax fraud turn out to be true, then what?

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: Snarl

Its obvious the establishment/deep state/call it what you want are here to make an example out of Trump.. They want him broke, they want him charged with crimes, they want him crippled and they want anyone with any connection to him to be destroyed too.. They want to make sure no one thinks twice of being the 'next' Trump 2.0

They can only charge him with crimes he has committed.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

And if the allegations of bank fraud and tax fraud turn out to be true, then what?

Like anyone, they should be charged with the crimes they committed if they committed them. But i feel the Manhattan DA/NY AG aren't working in good faith. I believe they are trying to find crimes verse investigating stuff that's already known/out there.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Then verify that he is still a republican and put him under the jail for life plus 100 years. I believe that is how this works.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They're going to go after Trump 10x more than they did while he was President.
They're going to inflict maximum damage to his mental health, finances and attempt to imprison him and his family over bogus charges.

anything.. to ensure he doesnt run again!

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

He has no intention of ever running again.

What this will do is destroy any chance his family members will have of ever running for POTUS, should they have such ambitions.

But if he has done wrong, and I am not suggesting he has, then does he not deserve to be punished?

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Like anyone, they should be charged with the crimes they committed if they committed them. But i feel the Manhattan DA/NY AG aren't working in good faith. I believe they are trying to find crimes verse investigating stuff that's already known/out there.

Your post is a contradiction. If they 'find a crime' of insurance or bank fraud from the returns then they should be prosecuted.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Then verify that he is still a republican and put him under the jail for life plus 100 years. I believe that is how this works.

They should nail him up to a cross after boiling him in oil to complete the desired conservative martyrdom complex. Then he can finalize the apotheosis to Saint Donald the Victimized.

edit on 25-2-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Your post is a contradiction. If they 'find a crime' of insurance or bank fraud from the returns then they should be prosecuted.

So you believe President Trump is guilty until proven innocent?

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

That is not how our system works though...

You cannot just investigate someone hoping to find a crime you can charge them with.... surely you see the problem with that approach?

Hopefully, Trump's accountants and lawyers didn't tell too many white lies on his filing. I suspect most of his returns are legit otherwise, the IRS would have been all over him. The problem is if anything falls into areas of "interpretation" that could be used against him.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
So you believe President Trump is guilty until proven innocent?

Are you confused? Is prosecuting someone the same as proving them guilty or innocent?

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

They should nail him up to a cross after boiling him in oil to complete the desired conservative martyrdom complex. Then he can finalize the apotheosis to Saint Donald the Victimized.

I wonder if he could get that Klinesmith guy to represent him. I'd love to see the puzzled looks on the faces, wondering what the masters will is.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So, no answer? Okay.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
That is not how our system works though...

You cannot just investigate someone hoping to find a crime you can charge them with.... surely you see the problem with that approach?

Are you forgetting that there was already an investigation regarding his payments to Daniels that his buddy Cohen already was convicted over? This is an ongoing part of what they investigation precipitated.

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
So, no answer? Okay.

I answered you, your question makes no sense. A Grand Jury indictment is not proof of anything, neither is prosecuting someone. Maybe learn about how the legal system operates before asking nonsensical questions like that.

edit on 25-2-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Feb, 25 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I wonder if he could get that Klinesmith guy to represent him. I'd love to see the puzzled looks on the faces, wondering what the masters will is.

He should get Dershowitz.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join